Carter

2018 SEC Championship Thread - Alabama vs Georgia

44 posts in this topic

Think a thing to consider is Holyfield is steadily improving but Swift is just getting back to what I expceted. He is a game changer when healthy and on like last week. 

sdogg likes this

Kirby had a good interview tonight with finebaum.  He stated what many of us have wanted that he sees the need to play the younger players more so they can get some experience.  oh really.. so taylor and patrick stink and finally we are playing our younger guys for some experience.. smh..  hopefully they grow up quick because if we have taylor, patrick, and mcgee playing on defense bama will score 50 points.  

8 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Kirby had a good interview tonight with finebaum.  He stated what many of us have wanted that he sees the need to play the younger players more so they can get some experience.  oh really.. so taylor and patrick stink and finally we are playing our younger guys for some experience.. smh..  hopefully they grow up quick because if we have taylor, patrick, and mcgee playing on defense bama will score 50 points.  

To be fair, at MLB he needed the youngsters to get to the point where they could call the defense... Just hope a 3 week crash course is sufficient. 

frankly88 likes this

10 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Patrick and Taylor especially with seasons to forget.  It has been the biggest weakness on this team all year.  At this point, if the older guys haven't earned their spot, time to run the young dawgs out there and let them eat for the rest of the season.

Edited by richham

14 minutes ago, richham said:

Patrick and Taylor especially with seasons to forget.  It has been the biggest weakness on this team all year.  At this point, if the older guys haven't earned their spot, time to run the young dawgs out there and let them eat for the rest of the season.

The hope is that Rice has been out there enough to serve the role that Patrick does in calling the D and getting people aligned. If so, then we should get to see more of Channing Tindall there. We seem to be using Adam Anderson and Brenton Cox a little more as well, which is good in pure pass rush situations, because Walter Grant seems to be getting locked up in blocks this year.

2 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

The hope is that Rice has been out there enough to serve the role that Patrick does in calling the D and getting people aligned. If so, then we should get to see more of Channing Tindall there. We seem to be using Adam Anderson and Brenton Cox a little more as well, which is good in pure pass rush situations, because Walter Grant seems to be getting locked up in blocks this year.

Seems like Cox has been playing meaningful snaps all season, kind of disappointed that Beal hasn't been able to break into rotation yet, but he's made some plays here and there. I'm completely in favor of letting some of the younger guys get out there, even if it means making mistakes, because Patrick and Taylor have been making plenty of those anyway. Seems like our front seven has been pushed around all season - if Jordan Davis had never emerged, I would be scared for our d-line against almost anyone. Also, I really hope that Webb can get some snaps at star, McGhee has had some big moments, but he's just such a liability sometimes. 

Bottom line: If our linebackers are going to constantly play out of position and fail to get off blocks, it might as well be the younger, more talented players who have room to grow and learn. Patrick and Taylor are straight up liabilities out there, and we need to rotate between Rice, Crowder, Tindall, and Walker - as well as getting Adam Anderson more meaningful snaps in the Lorenzo Carter position - maybe even try Otis Reese in that spot as well if we can't get him in the game at Safety. 

Edited by Lennon

3 minutes ago, Lennon said:

Bottom line: If our linebackers are going to constantly play out of position and fail to get off blocks, it might as well be the younger, more talented players who have room to grow and learn. Patrick and Taylor are straight up liabilities out there, and we need to rotate between Rice, Crowder, Tindall, and Walker - as well as getting Adam Anderson more meaningful snaps in the Lorenzo Carter position - maybe even try Otis Reese in that spot as well if we can't get him in the game at Safety. 

Can't do it if they can't get the D called correctly. Smart has basically admitted to this, it's why Natrez keeps finding his way onto the field. But fortunately, we're getting to a point where it seems the staff is getting comfortable either with the youngsters doing it or Rice maybe is? Haven't really followed who is making the calls when we have that rotation on.

Georgia can take Alabama.  Mississippi state and LSU have shown that you can stop Alabama's offense.  The key is being able to score on Bama which Georgia can do...

sdogg and 95Dawg like this

Tua has looked very human these past couple of weeks. Only difference between us and the teams they’ve played is that we can actually score. Game should be litty to the titty and we will come out with the W. Go Dawgs

42 minutes ago, Red Bandana said:

Tua has looked very human these past couple of weeks. Only difference between us and the teams they’ve played is that we can actually score. Game should be litty to the titty and we will come out with the W. Go Dawgs

Unless we get inside the 5 yard line

13 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

How in the **** is this not a night game...

It’s never a night game especially since it’s plsyed in a dome 

2 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

It’s never a night game especially since it’s plsyed in a dome 

Really..maybe I just never gave it much thought....im thinking regular season and it being the more high profile game.

Thanks...now i got to go find something else to be mad at....lol

22 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Really..maybe I just never gave it much thought....im thinking regular season and it being the more high profile game.

Thanks...now i got to go find something else to be mad at....lol

yep it's not a night game, but I understand what you are saying..  the reality is they get the primetime slot since most of the title games are at night.  acc, big 12, and pac12 are all night games.  

7 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep it's not a night game, but I understand what you are saying..  the reality is they get the primetime slot since most of the title games are at night.  acc, big 12, and pac12 are all night games.  

:tiphat:

SacFalcFan likes this

20 minutes ago, cpm said:

I hope we can win against Alabama 

Stranger things have happened......but if they play as sloppy and undisciplined as they did this past Saturday, there's absolutely no way we have a chance. Even if we play a mistake free game......it's going to be rough sledding. Our team needs another year I think. But I'll be watching and cheering the whole game! GO DAWGS!

RING OF HONOR likes this

1 minute ago, Wardog357 said:

Stranger things have happened......but if they play as sloppy and undisciplined as they did this past Saturday, there's absolutely no way we have a chance. Even if we play a mistake free game......it's going to be rough sledding. Our team needs another year I think. But I'll be watching and cheering the whole game! GO DAWGS!

Things definitely line up better for the Dawgs as far as personnel, depth and experience after this year. We are playing so many freshmen and sophomores and really the bulk of the top talent is in those two classes. But we have an opportunity this year and that’s what we work for every year... so hopefully we can get ready and have some success. Should be a helluva game imo

On 11/10/2018 at 6:43 PM, Red Bandana said:

the bottom line is you go ater Tua's knees on every play possible.  that's is what championship team's do.. they go after a team's/player's weakness.  you don't go dirty, but you make sure you hit him whenever you can and knock him out of the game if you can.  i had to laugh at mack wilson threatening other teams that if you go after Tua's knees we will hurt you.. LOL  right.  Tua when under pressure is like any other qb.  it's no coincidence that the toughest defenses he has faced he has thrown ints and has looked very ordinary at times.