Carter

2018 SEC Championship - #1 Alabama vs #4 Georgia

1,474 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, mike teevee said:

You got to save it to your computer or save it as an image on your phone then upload it. 

It's telling me the photo is too large. Oh well......lol. Thanks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mike teevee said:

Yeah I resized those others for you. If you liked the other picture better I resized that too, here:

 

 

F064CF4F-E978-4C9F-A33B-46B443281F28.jpeg

that is freaking awesome.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 11:01 PM, sdogg said:

Remember the Bama player that got away with punching Fromm in the back of the helmet, with a ref watching like it's ok. 

I gave GA a great compliment earlier in thread. It is going to be a great game and I can't wait!

But please, already blaming refs in case you lose and the game hasn't even been played yet!

This post is just one of a few posted about what Bama gets away with stuff. Every team gets away with stuff, but if 1 bad call makes you lose a game, chances are you wouldn't win it anyway!

Let's have fun! ROLL TIDE ROLL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I gave GA a great compliment earlier in thread. It is going to be a great game and I can't wait!

But please, already blaming refs in case you lose and the game hasn't even been played yet!

This post is just one of a few posted about what Bama gets away with stuff. Every team gets away with stuff, but if 1 bad call makes you lose a game, chances are you wouldn't win it anyway!

Let's have fun! ROLL TIDE ROLL 

Right, agree 100%. 

Now lets discuss how the game is effected by, shall we say, 5 bad calls. How about 10 bad calls... How many bad calls does it take for a Bammer to admit it cost a team a win I wonder. 

Pointing out facts isn't "making excuses." Nobody is blaming refs for a game that hasn't been played yet. What people are doing is hoping that we don't get straight fuxxed by the refs like we did last year. 

Edited by RandomFan
sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Right, agree 100%. 

Now lets discuss how the game is effected by, shall we say, 5 bad calls. How about 10 bad calls... How many bad calls does it take for a Bammer to admit it cost a team a win I wonder. 

Pointing out facts isn't "making excuses." Nobody is blaming refs for a game that hasn't been played yet. What people are doing is hoping that we don't get straight fuxxed by the refs like we did last year. 

Show me a game where the opposing team had 5-10 bad calls against them and lost the game when they were playing Bama.

Not holding, I mean BAD calls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Show me a game where the opposing team had 5-10 bad calls against them and lost the game when they were playing Bama.

Not holding, I mean BAD calls.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/officials-kept-missing-calls-that-went-against-georgia/ar-BBI8FF5?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

If I agree with both, that's 2.

Alabama is the 39th most penalized team this year. Only SEC teams higher are Auburn and Florida. 

How can we be this high on a list when everyone says we never get called for penalties?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Hmmm

Does the fact that Simmons was onsides count?

that one call, and its ramifications, were worth five BAD calls simply by itself

95Dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, m2Falcons said:

that one call, and its ramifications, were worth five BAD calls simply by itself

Here we go. Bad calls happen all the time in football, you take it, it hurts and move on to the next.

Clemson should have been called for a pick, when they beat us on the last play of NGC, scored a TD, and beat us. We came back and crushed them in playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

If I agree with both, that's 2.

Alabama is the 39th most penalized team this year. Only SEC teams higher are Auburn and Florida. 

How can we be this high on a list when everyone says we never get called for penalties?

 

Um there were 4.. offsides, facemask, unsportsmanlike, false start

Edited by TheTrue7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Here we go. Bad calls happen all the time in football, you take it, it hurts and move on to the next.

Clemson should have been called for a pick, when they beat us on the last play of NGC, scored a TD, and beat us. We came back and crushed them in playoffs. 

no... here YOU go.

I made no excuses.  I simply made an observation correlating that one call's value/impact on the the game to what would generally be viewed as 5 typical bad calls. I don't, after 45 years of football experience, believe that all bad calls are created equal. It's football; it happens.

Georgia had lots of opportunities to make the plays necessary to win the game; but they didn't. Bama got it done.

Perhaps Georgia will manage to return the favor this year as Bama did to Clemson.  

sdogg and fibonaccisquared like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Um there were 4.. offsides, facemask, unsportsmanlike, false start

Yep, offsides basically ends the game. The face mask basically ends the game because UGA would’ve ran more clock. The false start takes the game tying TD away from Bama. I don’t recall the unsportsmanlike penalty off the top of my head. All that to say it’s one thing if one non call or bad call costs you the game but UGA had 4 bad calls that directly would’ve (not could’ve) changed the outcome of the game 

Edited by Bdawg58

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bdawg58 said:

Yep, offsides basically ends the game. The face mask basically ends the game because UGA would’ve ran more clock. The false start takes the game tying away from Bama. I don’t recall the unsportsmanlike penalty off the top of my head. All that to say it’s one thing if one non call or bad call costs you the game but UGA had 4 bad calls that directly would’ve (not could’ve) changed the outcome of the game 

On a second-and-five in the third quarter, Alabama’s Mack Wilson shoved Fromm in the back of the head after a sack.

The play should have been a penalty, and the officiating crew once again failed to make the call. The Bulldogs were up 20-10 at that point in the game.

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheTrue7 said:

On a second-and-five in the third quarter, Alabama’s Mack Wilson shoved Fromm in the back of the head after a sack.

The play should have been a penalty, and the officiating crew once again failed to make the call. The Bulldogs were up 20-10 at that point in the game.

I remember now, thanks for the reminder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well......my only advice to an opposing board member is this... it's  going to be hard sledding to win an argument like this on an opposing message board. Regardless if you're right or not. Especially if you are from a dominating program that stands in the way of our SEC championship and possibly a Natty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Yep, offsides basically ends the game. The face mask basically ends the game because UGA would’ve ran more clock. The false start takes the game tying TD away from Bama. I don’t recall the unsportsmanlike penalty off the top of my head. All that to say it’s one thing if one non call or bad call costs you the game but UGA had 4 bad calls that directly would’ve (not could’ve) changed the outcome of the game 

And there is holding on every play that doesn't get called. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

And there is holding on every play that doesn't get called. 

I agree on that.. but none of those listed are holding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now