Carter

2018 SEC Championship - #1 Alabama vs #4 Georgia

1,474 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

I have heard that same stupid question from media member after media member trying to get one of our players to say we are scared of bama.. LOL  they must not know our team very well. 

Jonathan Ledbetter: First 6 Games of the Season: 11 Tackles, 1 Tackle For Loss Last 6 Games of the Season: 38 Tackles, 4 Tackles For Loss, 2 Quarterback Pressures, 2 Forced Fumbles, 1 Sack

18 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Jonathan Ledbetter: First 6 Games of the Season: 11 Tackles, 1 Tackle For Loss Last 6 Games of the Season: 38 Tackles, 4 Tackles For Loss, 2 Quarterback Pressures, 2 Forced Fumbles, 1 Sack

I didn't realize Ledbetter had played so well later in the season. I know he had a big game against tech but that's encouraging overall. 

I know we don't have a lot of sacks this year but there have been times we've been able to get pressure on the qb even if it hasn't resulted in sacks. We will definitely need to get pressure on Tua to compete in this game. 

57 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

how in the heck was this not flagged and player ejected?  this is cheap shot and pure bs. 

Man that crap makes me sick! I can't believe they get away with that stuff.

95Dawg and m2Falcons like this

25 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Remember the Bama player that got away with punching Fromm in the back of the helmet, with a ref watching like it's ok. 

That was Mack Wilson if I remember correctly. They would have been in the same class at Bama if Fromm had stuck with them. 

95Dawg and sdogg like this

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I have heard that same stupid question from media member after media member trying to get one of our players to say we are scared of bama.. LOL  they must not know our team very well. 

Yep... Just looking for soundbytes... Not sure they care whether it's scared or cocky... Either would get them clicks

slamee101 likes this

Dawgs are very banged up on the OL and DL but guys have been stepping in and doing a great job. Looks like we could be without both Ben Cleveland and Cade Mays even being available for depth this weekend. Cleveland seems to have a pretty badly sprained ankle. Kirby keeps saying Mays has a shoulder stinger, but he has missed several weeks now... may be something more severe that they just aren't making public.

Daquan Hawkins-Muckle could be back for the DL though. He has been out since the Tennessee game from a concussion.

Monty Rice dressed today for practice but seems he did not participate in drills. Given that he has been getting around on crutches recently, I'm not expecting him to be at full strength for this weekend. 

Dawgs gonna be relying on a lot of guys from these great freshman and sophomore classes again. Thankfully they have a lot of experience at this point and many have played extremely well.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Dawgs are very banged up on the OL and DL but guys have been stepping in and doing a great job. Looks like we could be without both Ben Cleveland and Cade Mays even being available for depth this weekend. Cleveland seems to have a pretty badly sprained ankle. Kirby keeps saying Mays has a shoulder stinger, but he has missed several weeks now... may be something more severe that they just aren't making public.

Daquan Hawkins-Muckle could be back for the DL though. He has been out since the Tennessee game from a concussion.

Monty Rice dressed today for practice but seems he did not participate in drills. Given that he has been getting around on crutches recently, I'm not expecting him to be at full strength for this weekend. 

Dawgs gonna be relying on a lot of guys from these great freshman and sophomore classes again. Thankfully they have a lot of experience at this point and many have played extremely well.

If we can get past this game with a win......theres a chance we'll be in a much better place two weeks later. We need our young guys to play their best game this year. No doubt,. But I'm so proud of this team for fighting back with the set backs. That truly shows heart and determination.

Carter and 95Dawg like this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

No Cleveland and Rice? Dangggggg

1 hour ago, Wardog357 said:

I really need a cool picture with my name. I'm so technically challenged since the picture has to be so small. :rant:

7935B372-FDCB-4A34-BC19-DDACAF289E7F.jpeg

581D9A66-8A98-41D6-B944-5260B078C9A7.jpeg

Those should be the right size :tiphat:

Edited by mike teevee
g-dawg, TheTrue7 and 95Dawg like this

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Considering the number of injuries we’ve had and the youth on this team it’s pretty incredible we’re even in the conversation for the playoffs. It’s also a testament to our depth that we haven’t seen a huge drop off in performance. 

Carter and Falcons In 2012 like this

41 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

What about this  finally got it to work

3113F08C-317C-4F77-9044-DC68B1EA4E2D.jpeg

I like this! I tried copying and pasting....not working for me,

My prediction for the game is the Dawgs win a classic 34-31. We start the game by throwing on first down to get ahead of the chains. I also think we will try to get our speed guys the ball on the edges. Swift, Hardman and even Cook. DRob has a big moment in this game.

Our defense which has steadily been improving each week gets pressure on Tua, along with a couple sacks. I think we see some Justin Fields to give Bama something else to think about. Passing early sets up our run game to make some big plays. Our blocking by Holloman, Ridley and others will spring a big run in this one. 

Bama leads late 31-27. Fromm gets another opportunity to lead us to a victory against the Tide. This time he’s up to the task and calm and collected. Nauta scores the game winner and the Dawgs grace the College Football Playoff for a second year in a row.

8 minutes ago, ChevyDawg82 said:

My prediction for the game is the Dawgs win a classic 34-31. We start the game by throwing on first down to get ahead of the chains. I also think we will try to get our speed guys the ball on the edges. Swift, Hardman and even Cook. DRob has a big moment in this game.

Our defense which has steadily been improving each week gets pressure on Tua, along with a couple sacks. I think we see some Justin Fields to give Bama something else to think about. Passing early sets up our run game to make some big plays. Our blocking by Holloman, Ridley and others will spring a big run in this one. 

Bama leads late 31-27. Fromm gets another opportunity to lead us to a victory against the Tide. This time he’s up to the task and calm and collected. Nauta scores the game winner and the Dawgs grace the College Football Playoff for a second year in a row.

I like it... but judging from what we have seen of Fields this year, at this point I don't want him playing in this game unless he has to. Fromm at QB is our absolute best chance to win this game this weekend. Fields will be great but he's not ready for Bama imo. He still struggles with reading the defensive end on the option and hesitates at times with coverages. He should have had a lot more playing time throughout the season running the full offense. I love our coaching staff but that's absolutely a fail on their part.

If we have some specific plan for using him then I don't mind... but all they've shown me they're willing to do with Fields this year is play very conservative. Unless it's UMass.

sdogg likes this

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

I like it... but judging from what we have seen of Fields this year, at this point I don't want him playing in this game unless he has to. Fromm at QB is our absolute best chance to win this game this weekend. Fields will be great but he's not ready for Bama imo. He still struggles with reading the defensive end on the option and hesitates at times with coverages. He should have had a lot more playing time throughout the season running the full offense. I love our coaching staff but that's absolutely a fail on their part.

If we have some specific plan for using him then I don't mind... but all they've shown me they're willing to do with Fields this year is play very conservative. Unless it's UMass.

I agree with this.  I don't think Fields is the answer completely due to lack of experience.  If Kirby has one flaw up to this point its that he has erred on the side of being too conservative at times.  

30 minutes ago, ChevyDawg82 said:

I would love to see this happen but the only way I see this turning out in our favor is similar to the last couple times we've played Bama where we come out with our hair on fire and get an early lead and then hold back the storm in the second half. In the SECCG we lost to them our guys got gassed on defense and our lack of depth cost us that game. Last year we got too conservative and blew it. I'm just not convinced we can go toe to toe with them for 4 quarters. 

If we come out playing to be in the game in the 4th they will slowly chip away and eventually spring a couple big plays. Also, I like the idea of passing early to set up the run but we did that last year against them so I'm not sure that will work again. 

This team is really tough to beat when we get a double digit lead due to the run game. If we get a lead again and don't go completely conservative, maybe we can pull it off this time around.

sdogg likes this