Carter

2018 SEC Championship - #1 Alabama vs #4 Georgia

1,474 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

We are at Bama’s level right now.  They are about one recruiting class ahead of us but that gap will be closed by next year and we will be on level playing field.  Kirby just  has to clean up the coaching mistakes and figure how to finish.

I keep hearing that. 

Got to show me on the field. Right now, I'll bet my house that UGA wins nothing as long as Saban is around. 

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

We are at Bama’s level right now.  They are about one recruiting class ahead of us but that gap will be closed by next year and we will be on level playing field.  Kirby just  has to clean up the coaching mistakes and figure how to finish.

Yeah Bama still has the best roster in college football.  They could have 6 first rounders in the draft, if certain players declare, most of them on defense. But that gap is rapidly closing.   

8 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

No matter what UGA does,  Saban and Bama will be standing in the way. It's just a bad deal. 

Best hope is that Saban gets tired of winning 

This is the maddening thing...

We've had the great Nick Saban and that revered program dead to rights 3 times in big spots now.  With Richt in 2012, the title game last year, and today.  I don’t think I’m talking crazy to say that UGA should have walked away with 2 of those wins and maybe all 3.

We just keep finding new ways to get in our own way.

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I keep hearing that. 

Got to show me on the field. Right now, I'll bet my house that UGA wins nothing as long as Saban is around. 

We completely outplayed them. They had some breaks go their way that inexplicably led to a win. 

Guarantee if you ask Saban who he doesn’t want to play in the playoff, Georgia is the only team he talks about. 

putnam6 likes this

Just now, Carter said:

We completely outplayed them. They had some breaks go their way that inexplicably led to a win. 

Guarantee if you ask Saban who he doesn’t want to play in the playoff, Georgia is the only team he talks about. 

That and a token will get you on the subway. 

Saban is playing for yet another national championship, while UGA is going to be playing in a meaningless exhibition game. 

I really feel for UGA. Doing all this work and still never quite getting there. It's excruciating, and the most Georgia thing.

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

I thought i heard that he did say that in post game presser.

Do you blame him? 

Carter likes this

13 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I keep hearing that. 

Blah, blah, blah...Patriots we’re  lovable losers for years, until they weren’t.

Boston Red Sox and curse of the Bambino until they weren’t.

Bama sucked *** mostly for two decades.

Dawgs are right there and basically played Bama to a draw in two games but lost.  We didn’t finish tonight but it wasn’t because of the brilliance of Nick Saban - it’s because WE didn’t finish.

so shut the f@+^ up

putnam6 and mike teevee like this

16 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Jacobs is a three star player

Ranking systems are often wrong. That is why there is a Bama bump or a Georgia bump in recruiting rankings.  The experts that make the rankings don’t know as much as the coaches and asst coaches evaluating film.   If Bama or Dawgs make an offer to a 3-star, the rankings are probably wrong.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Blah, blah, blah...Patriots we’re  lovable losers for years, until they weren’t.

Boston Red Sox and curse of the Bambino until they weren’t.

Bama sucked *** mostly for two decades.

Dawgs are right there and basically played Bama to a draw in two games but lost.  We didn’t finish tonight but it wasn’t because of the brilliance of Nick Saban - it’s because WE didn’t finish.

so shut the f@+^ up

Those teams eventually showed it on the field. UGA still hasn't. Just like the Falcons, I think UGA is one of those teams always destined to fall short. And as a fan of both, I hate that, but it's reality. I'll bet my house that I'll never see UGA or the Falcons ever win a championship.

It sucks, but it's reality. 

D-line is the most obvious spot UGA is behind Alabama. They’ve done a good job recruiting on the o-line, but d-line is the next step to being elite IMO.

g-dawg likes this

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Those teams eventually showed it on the field. UGA still hasn't. Just like the Falcons, I think UGA is one of those teams always destined to fall short. And as a fan of both, I hate that, but it's reality. I'll bet my house that I'll never see UGA or the Falcons ever win a championship.

It sucks, but it's reality. 

You wouldn’t know reality if it hit you in the mouth.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

You wouldn’t know reality if it hit you in the mouth.

I know that Bama is playing for a national championship while UGA will be playing for nothing. 

And I don't see how it's going to be any different next year. Or the year after. 

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I know that Bama is playing for a national championship while UGA will be playing for nothing. 

And I don't see how it's going to be any different next year. Or the year after. 

That’s because you have myopia.  

It might be posted but Herbstreit was on ESPN saying he'd put UGA at #3 and have them play Clemson with a potential Bama rematch for the title.

I know it’s easy to bang on Gritz here.  While I disagree with his assessment that Saban has built some unstoppable monster of a program...I can’t say he’s wrong.  I only say that because with our Dawgs and Falcons...how often are we “on the verge” of greatness...only to see it not happen.  The Richt era, the Mora era, the Mike Smith era, etc.

Kirby is here at a time when he has had the least path of resistance but if some other teams in the division and God forbid G. Tech actually did/do nail their most recent hires...then what?

We can always revisit but if we look up in 3 years and we don’t have one NC then I’d say there’s a good chance it won’t.

Gritzblitz 2.0 likes this

1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

It might be posted but Herbstreit was on ESPN saying he'd put UGA at #3 and have them play Clemson with a potential Bama rematch for the title.

I just don’t think Herbie, Marcus Spears, or Kirby saying we should be there matters.  Should of either won today or not gotten smoked by LSU.  

Disappointed as hale but, this one isnt really on the players, they fought their azzes off. The fake punt was just stupid, defense wasnt playing that bad. You **** sure dont shorten the field for the 2nd string cold QB. Anyway kudos to them, but this was coaches getting away from Swift and the running game,and being to predictable when you did run. Regardless I can comfortably say Bama likely throttles whomever they face, Oklahoma, Notre Dame even Clemson. Yea its short of the goal but its getting closer 

Just now, slamee101 said:

I know it’s easy to bang on Gritz here.  While I disagree with his assessment that Saban has built some unstoppable monster of a program...I can’t say he’s wrong.  I only say that because with our Dawgs and Falcons...how often are we “on the verge” of greatness...only to see it not happen.  The Richt era, the Mora era, the Mike Smith era, etc.

Kirby is here at a time when he has had the least path of resistance but if some other teams in the division and God forbid G. Tech actually did/do nail their most recent hires...then what?

We can always revisit but if we look up in 3 years and we don’t have one NC then I’d say there’s a good chance it won’t.

That's all I'm saying. Both UGA and the Falcons had their shots and couldn't finish. Fate doesn't look kindly on squandering opportunities like that. 

Look at the Buffalo Bills. They had a makeable FG to win the SB and missed. Everyone thought, "No big deal, they are loaded, they will be back". Turns out they never got closer than that moment. 

Karma hates chokers. That's all I'm saying. 

43 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Next year was always our coming out party and 2020 our declaration 

22 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

That and a token will get you on the subway. 

Saban is playing for yet another national championship, while UGA is going to be playing in a meaningless exhibition game. 

I really feel for UGA. Doing all this work and still never quite getting there. It's excruciating, and the most Georgia thing.

I mean all a win today and a token gets me is on the subway too lol.

Georgia proved it on the field - and with the youngest team in the SEC to boot. Dawgs are only getting better. Kirby just needs to keep growing and learning as a head coach... easy to forget he has only been a head coach for 3 years total, but he has put together a team on par with Bama. I have zero doubts Kirby will get it done. 

FalconsIn2012, RandomFan and g-dawg like this

1 minute ago, Carter said:

I mean all a win today and a token gets me is on the subway too lol.

Georgia proved it on the field - and with the youngest team in the SEC to boot. Dawgs are only getting better. Kirby just needs to keep growing and learning as a head coach... easy to forget he has only been a head coach for 3 years total, but he has put together a team on par with Bama. I have zero doubts Kirby will get it done. 

I hope you're right. But I'm old and life has taught me that you have to take advantage of opportunities because you never know when you get another. 

Karma hates chokers. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

3 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

That snap to Fields instead of punting it was really lame. 

Fields is what gave it away. He was not in on any other punts during the season, he would only be in on a fake.

Wardog357 and slamee101 like this