Carter

2018 SEC Championship - #1 Alabama vs #4 Georgia

1,474 posts in this topic

If Mississisppi State can move the ball on Bama with ONE player, their quarterback, which they DID, then surely Georgia can move the ball on Bama.  

14 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

The run I’m not sure about, but they have some dudes on the d-line that lead the SEC in sacks. I think our run game should do well and our pass game will do well enough, but I don’t think we’ll score enough to keep up. 

Agree.   We just need one of those games where we get some good breaks, some turnovers and just ride a wave.

If these teams played 10 times, Bama probably wins 7/10.  We just need next Saturday to be one of those three where we win.

Agree pass rush key to game for us stayin In, same w runs need be able to get penetration. Seems like we have to be lil more creative w run game (ie not strait up gut on obvious run downs) and generally w play calling surprise them on some calls like the 3rd down last year running w Sony for long 1st, passing on 1st down some.  D played much better than they have all year yesterday I thought. Still think they need be lil off and our best game, or 2+ them on turnovers. Dbs gotta look back for the ball!

sdogg and mike teevee like this

37 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

If Mississisppi State can move the ball on Bama with ONE player, their quarterback, which they DID, then surely Georgia can move the ball on Bama.  

Are you sure that is the example you want to use? Miss St was shutout against Bama. 

36 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Agree.   We just need one of those games where we get some good breaks, some turnovers and just ride a wave.

If these teams played 10 times, Bama probably wins 7/10.  We just need next Saturday to be one of those three where we win.

This. There haven’t been many teams that have beat Bama the last while that didn’t have a little luck on their side. 

giphy.gif

Two interesting stats I saw before yesterday’s game:

– Georgia is the nation’s highest-graded tackling team: 94.8 tackling grade, missing only 56 total tackles as a team this season

- Georgia’s run-blocking grade is No. 2 in the Power-5

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/college-clean-old-fashioned-hate-all-about-run-game

Nothing could make me feel good about how we match up against Quinnen Williams and the rest of Bama’s defensive line, but I would feel better with a healthy Ben Cleveland in there.

20 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

Two interesting stats I saw before yesterday’s game:

– Georgia is the nation’s highest-graded tackling team: 94.8 tackling grade, missing only 56 total tackles as a team this season

- Georgia’s run-blocking grade is No. 2 in the Power-5

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/college-clean-old-fashioned-hate-all-about-run-game

which runs contrary to everyone's comment on this board and others on how we have tackled this year.. it's the exact opposite of what is said about the Dawgs defense.. 

1 hour ago, mike teevee said:

This. There haven’t been many teams that have beat Bama the last while that didn’t have a little luck on their side. 

giphy.gif

7be8174291ce23fdf267ce9d3cf909ea77f24989

Ole Burns has changed his tune from about a month again on the Dawgs

There is no doubt in my mind that the best two teams in the country reside in the SEC right now. Alabama and Georgia are the most complete teams. Notre Dame/Clemson/Oklahoma all have flaws. Hard to find any in both the Tide and Bulldogs right now.

57 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Ole Burns has changed his tune from about a month again on the Dawgs

There is no doubt in my mind that the best two teams in the country reside in the SEC right now. Alabama and Georgia are the most complete teams. Notre Dame/Clemson/Oklahoma all have flaws. Hard to find any in both the Tide and Bulldogs right now.

peter "uga is going to lose to florida, kentucky" burns.. can't stand him and his dawg commentary.. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

the line has moved a lot.. opened up at 10.5 bama being the favorite and now it's 13.5 points. 

Wonder why ? I thought the line would shrink as we got closer to the game 

31 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Nah, everyone has only seem how dominate Bama is all year and heard that they’re unstoppable 

sdogg likes this

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

money is being put on bama to cover.. the early money are regular joes like us putting money down.. the line when it moves friday night/day of game is usually the professional betters, the big money guys.  i can see it getting as high as 17 points.