julio vs josh norman

jdawg4876

That PI play that Norman gave up and how the commentators said if he stayed on his feet he may have had a chance.Man I dunno once Jones put the burners on it looked over too me there's no way he's making up that ground.

Its quite funny watching Julio just go he's got that acceleration that guys his size very rarely have.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

That PI play that Norman gave up and how the commentators said if he stayed on his feet he may have had a chance.Man I dunno once Jones put the burners on it looked over too me there's no way he's making up that ground.

Its quite funny watching Julio just go he's got that acceleration that guys his size very rarely have.

The ball was falling and Julio had to slow down for it. Norman could have deflected at the least

7 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

It was out in front though if Norman doesn't grab Julios scoring.

That wasn’t a guaranteed touchdown. It’s different if Julio had a couple of yards.  The ball dropping right there and Julio having to slow down to adjust to the catch is what allowed Norman to snatch him down. Heck Julio had to turn 2 times before even seeing the ball, he was leaning backwards too. 

1 minute ago, FalconinPA said:

No snitch here either, but if Mr Officer asked me who did that to Norman, I would have said #70. That was to brutal not to say something. 

I don't know, you don't snitch on your own. I probably would've said that he was in a black and gold jersey and headed to the Gulf area...

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That wasn’t a guaranteed touchdown. It’s different if Julio had a couple of yards.  The ball dropping right there and Julio having to slow down to adjust to the catch is what allowed Norman to snatch him down. Heck Julio had to turn 2 times before even seeing the ball, he was leaning backwards too. 

Norman didn't know where the ball was how is he going to make a play on it.If he doesn't grab I'd put money on Julio scoring.

Thats why he grabbed Julio because he knew he was beaten and was at full stretch even though Julios adjusting to the ball.End of the day the key is Norman lost track of the ball he's got no chance making a play on it and if he did he'd be guessing.

8 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Norman didn't know where the ball was how is he going to make a play on it.If he doesn't grab I'd put money on Julio scoring.

Thats why he grabbed Julio because he knew he was beaten and was at full stretch even though Julios adjusting to the ball.End of the day the key is Norman lost track of the ball he's got no chance making a play on it and if he did he'd be guessing.

If you watch it again, you’ll see it wouldn’t have been a score. If Julio has 2 more steps on him the maybe, but Norman is directly behind him. Julio having to make the adjustment is played a major factor. Norman just did the only thing he could think to do and pulled him down. If Julio truly has him beat how you’re making it seem then Norman doesn’t even touch him. Also I never said Norman would have made a play on it. Those are your words

8 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I actually think both lost track of the ball b matt throws them rainbows, its the only real chink in his armor, although sometimes its a good thing, bc alex throws a ball too flat thats why wilson broke up that pass to vernon davis and how kazee intercepted it

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

If you watch it again, you’ll see it wouldn’t have been a score. If Julio has 2 more steps on him the maybe, but Norman is directly behind him. Julio having to make the adjustment is played a major factor. Norman just did the only thing he could think to do and pulled him down. If Julio truly has him beat how you’re making it seem then Norman doesn’t even touch him

How can Norman make a play when he doesn't know where the ball is.

Even Charles Davis said as much if he doesn't make that grab on Julio it's a TD.

Thats exactly how I saw it aswell.

Norman did that out of desperation because he was beaten.

2 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

I actually think both lost track of the ball b matt throws them rainbows, its the only real chink in his armor, although sometimes its a good thing, bc alex throws a ball too flat thats why wilson broke up that pass to vernon davis and how kazee intercepted it

I think Julio knew where it was as he had 2 looks and was adjusting.

Norman for me was consumed at just making up ground on Julio he had no time or idea where the ball was.

3 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

I agree....it seemed to me they both lost it...Norman panicked and did what he thought he had to...but probably didn't need to do anything..I dont think there was enough separation to guarantee a td...even if Julio had caught it...I think he tackles him the same way which would have been a horse collar..

3 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I agree....it seemed to me they both lost it...Norman panicked and did what he thought he had to...but probably didn't need to do anything..I dont think there was enough separation to guarantee a td...even if Julio had caught it...I think he tackles him the same way which would have been a horse collar..

50/50... if julio had caught it, he might of shrugged of norman like he did ha ha dix for his td, bc he was on a mission yesterday

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

He really was....I enjoyed every minute of it..

norman was crapping his pants he didnt want julio's first td to be because of him getting out ran. he prob thought that highlight would play non stop, and I thought it would too but falcons stories are still far and few between today, although deangelo hall gave us some huge props on skips show today

12 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

How can Norman make a play when he doesn't know where the ball is.

Even Charles Davis said as much if he doesn't make that grab on Julio it's a TD.

Thats exactly how I saw it aswell.

Norman did that out of desperation because he was beaten.

1-I never said Norman makes a play, I said it wasn't a guaranteed touchdown. Neither had a clue where the ball was

2-Charles Davis saying something doesn't mean its true

3-Maybe you saw it that way through your homer goggles. I don't know

4-I said something similar

30 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

1-I never said Norman makes a play, I said it wasn't a guaranteed touchdown. Neither had a clue where the ball was

2-Charles Davis saying something doesn't mean its true

3-Maybe you saw it that way through your homer goggles. I don't know

4-I said something similar

I agree with what Charles Davis has said though.

Goggles any thread bought up with Julio being mentioned as anywhere near positive your on the other side of,goggles save it for yourself.

Thats where I think different I think if he gets to the ball Julios scores you don't,is ok it that I have my opinion aswell or not.lol.

6 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I agree with what Charles Davis has said though.

Goggles any thread bought up with Julio being mentioned as anywhere near positive your on the other side of,goggles save it for yourself.

Thats where I think different I think if he gets to the ball Julios scores you don't,is ok it that I have my opinion aswell or not.lol.

1-ok

2-ok, last I checked I've backed Julio all season. This wasn't a guaranteed touchdown though. :shrug:

3-its clearly there on video. it's a case of you wanting to accept it or not.