Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
droopy1592

What’s up with Trufant?

142 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Check out the Peterson run at 3:00 of this video

Saw this real time and was very sad. I was a 5’9, 140 pound safety in high school football/rugby flanker. Everyone was bigger than me. And I enjoyed tackling more than anyone else. It’s a mindset, not a physical thing. Tru plays scared in coverage and is a scared tackler. 

PokerSteve and Peyton like this

5 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Many have made comments and I try to stay quiet, but with yesterday’s game he seemed to be one of the only players not putting effort into run defense, and we all know about his inability to catch an interception, even when thrown right to him. It’s the first time I’ve said but he’s definitely overpaid as of now. There were so many run plays I saw where Trufant did his best to let others tackle, skipping and sidestepping to corral runners into other defenders, but never looking to go for the tackle. With his coverage skills being tested regularly now, he’s not the CB I remember blanketing players like Jordy Nelson. Scared to get injured again like 2016 or are his best years behind him?

He need to talk to Clifford Franklin off the replacements.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-VvYqBHJDTwQ-H-rb0e7

DependableAcclaimedAfricancivet-max-1mb.

E. T. and Emmitt like this

5 hours ago, Emmitt said:

It’s hard for me to image a professional athlete that can’t catch a simple pass. 

Although, I used to think that most men could simply throw a baseball too. I’ve been shocked by some of the first pitches at baseball games and even the Conner McGregor football throwing incident.

When I was a kid, every one  I knew could throw and catch. What have we done?

Thanks, video game world and/or crap parenting lol.

PokerSteve and Emmitt like this

6 hours ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Maybe missing a year due to injury limits your production. Also. He was never a ball hawk. Never. He was the shutdown CB to Alford's ball hawking. Its been like that for years. Not sure why we talk about it week to week when we have known this for years. 

If you read the post you would know it's about his lack of.effort vs the run. And the half year he was injured(which saw a huge up tick in defensive ability in his absence) is no longer an excuse.

PokerSteve likes this

5 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

He's a pretty good cover guy. But he continuously avoids contact on running plays. I only saw him make one aggressive play on a tackle. He actually looked like he was backing off on occasion. He also has about the worst hand eye coordination for catching a football that I've ever seen from an NFL caliber player. The dude needs 30 minutes a day on a juggs machine.

His Dr made him stop. He was afraid that his sternum was broken.

2 hours ago, thesouphead said:

Nope.    The problem is that he isn't as good as he used to be.  People took how good he was for granted and now that he gets beat every so often, people are starting to complain.  There were seasons where he only gave up 2 TDs, which is pretty absurd for a CB.  There were games where QBs wouldn't throw to his side of the field...some times literally no throws in his direction.  A QB doesn't avoid a corner because people talk good about him on a message board.

Nope... that isn't it at all.

Complaining because he probably couldn't catch an underhand toss with a butterfly net, and he refuses to make a tackle. His effort on at least 5 possible tackles on Sunday should be completely unacceptable to this coaching staff, and it's been this way for awhile.

PokerSteve likes this

Desmond Trufant wanting to be Deion Sanders. EXCEPT he cant CATCH a Football when it lands in his hands. And Deion also has more closing speed to the WR. Thats why Deion Sanders is in the HOF and Desmond Trufant wont be

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

He wasn’t tested much for a year or 2. That doesn’t mean he was as good as it seemed. 

Please. Your telling me teams who have paid scout to review opposing teams and specifically players didn’t realise he wasn’t a good corner for 2 years. Your a quality poster bro but that is just the hate talking (or some clouded judgement). Tru was a top 10 corner early but whether it’s scheme or his own attitude he has regressed. I personally think he’s not suited to the scheme - he’s a press man corner playing a soft zone. He can’t catch and this system doesn’t suit him - he is really a poor mans Revis. Alford suits this scheme big time but he needs to stop holding and get his hands back. Tbh I don’t like the scheme as it relies on a good front 4 and they have killed Beaseley.  

love Kazee btw. Shame we resigned Rico because Jazee would fill that role nicely cheaply and allow us to put money into the OG or 3rd LB spot

1 hour ago, primetime said:

Please. Your telling me teams who have paid scout to review opposing teams and specifically players didn’t realise he wasn’t a good corner for 2 years. Your a quality poster bro but that is just the hate talking (or some clouded judgement). Tru was a top 10 corner early but whether it’s scheme or his own attitude he has regressed. I personally think he’s not suited to the scheme - he’s a press man corner playing a soft zone. He can’t catch and this system doesn’t suit him - he is really a poor mans Revis. Alford suits this scheme big time but he needs to stop holding and get his hands back. Tbh I don’t like the scheme as it relies on a good front 4 and they have killed Beaseley.  

love Kazee btw. Shame we resigned Rico because Jazee would fill that role nicely cheaply and allow us to put money into the OG or 3rd LB spot

It ain’t no hate. It’s the truth. People said the same exact thing about Nnamdi Asomugha and he was exposed the same as Trufant when he started getting tested. If you think I’m hating on him then take the goggles off and attempt to realize the reality. It’s just like people called Patrick Peterson a shutdown corner until he started getting exposed by elite wrs starting with Julio. 

Guess what, you can throw Marcus Peters in that group as well

Vandy and Flying Falcon like this

8 hours ago, Emmitt said:

It’s hard for me to image a professional athlete that can’t catch a simple pass. 

Although, I used to think that most men could simply throw a baseball too. I’ve been shocked by some of the first pitches at baseball games and even the Conner McGregor football throwing incident.

When I was a kid, every one  I knew could throw and catch. What have we done?

Yea because being able to throw and catch a ball is important.

2 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If you read the post you would know it's about his lack of.effort vs the run. And the half year he was injured(which saw a huge up tick in defensive ability in his absence) is no longer an excuse.

I was responding to one of the replies on the post referencing the ints 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

It ain’t no hate. It’s the truth. People said the same exact thing about Nnamdi Asomugha and he was exposed the same as Trufant when he started getting tested. If you think I’m hating on him then take the goggles off and attempt to realize the reality. It’s just like people called Patrick Peterson a shutdown corner until he started getting exposed by elite wrs starting with Julio. 

That’s a fair point and a great example although Nnamdi had changed teams and schemes (man to zone) if my memory serves me correct. There is a big difference between being a shutdown corner and being a complete dud (which is what so many posters think he is). The truth is he lies somewhere in between and how close imho depends more on coaching and scheme than it does his actual ability. When he lines up 10 yards off on 3rd and 3 do we actually think the DC and defensive coaches are not directing him to line up there? If it was against their wishes he would be closer. Tbh I hate our defensive scheme and apart from Seattle show me where it has worked (it’s being run at about 4-5 teams atm). 

Vandy and ya_boi_j like this

10 hours ago, droopy1592 said:

Many have made comments and I try to stay quiet, but with yesterday’s game he seemed to be one of the only players not putting effort into run defense, and we all know about his inability to catch an interception, even when thrown right to him. It’s the first time I’ve said but he’s definitely overpaid as of now. There were so many run plays I saw where Trufant did his best to let others tackle, skipping and sidestepping to corral runners into other defenders, but never looking to go for the tackle. With his coverage skills being tested regularly now, he’s not the CB I remember blanketing players like Jordy Nelson. Scared to get injured again like 2016 or are his best years behind him?

Yes, unless he chooses to do something about it.  I've commented about it here before.  He was much better his rookie year!

3 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

Yea because being able to throw and catch a ball is important.

Well, when and where I grew up, it was. It may not be right in today’s society, but if you were a good athlete in a town, it meant something.

For  a professional football player who’s job it is to catch a ball, I would say that it’s very important.

Flying Falcon likes this