Knight of God

You Have Your Stories Now

102 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

So 9 TDs in 2 seasons and then 1 TD in 8 games is elite for a WR? 

How many points does yardage get you?  Last time I checked TDs and FGs are what gets you points.

TDs are primarily a product of opportunity, not skill or talent. Prior to last year, Julio had scored more TDs than one would expect given his opportunities. Last year was a weird outlier season. This year, he's basically on pace given that we dont look his way as much as we get closer to the end zone. Which seems to be working fine given that we're currently 7th in the NFL in red zone conversion rate and we're like 18 of our last 19. 

This isnt fantasy football, as Vandy said. 

5 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

TDs are primarily a product of opportunity, not skill or talent. Prior to last year, Julio had scored more TDs than one would expect given his opportunities. Last year was a weird outlier season. This year, he's basically on pace given that we dont look his way as much as we get closer to the end zone. Which seems to be working fine given that we're currently 7th in the NFL in red zone conversion rate and we're like 18 of our last 19. 

This ^^^^ 
I wish i could like your posts Larry, i appreciate them more than you know because of your balanced view.

A view that many young people could learn a great deal from...

17 hours ago, Vandy said:

You guys tickle me thinking fantasy football points dictate whether a player is elite or not. Like I said to you earlier, you have no clue if you believe TDs/fantasy points are what constitutes the end all criteria of an elite player. 

Do you realize Jones already has as many 100 yard games as HOFer Randy Moss had in his entire career? At 29 years old? 

This offense goes through Jones. 

I've given up on those who doubt Jones you watch when he takes off the 2nd half where all the doubters disappear into there holes.

Ive heard everything about Julio this off season and it's unbelieveable how some come up with these fantasies.

Mentioned this the only time I want to see Julio leave the Falcons is in a box.

Fans are kidding themselves if they think he can just be replaced with a click of the fingers.

On 11/4/2018 at 10:57 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

How many NFL QB's are married to a woman who is worth more than he is? How many NFL QB's have a business deal on the side that generates revenue directly from the team he plays for that puts money in his pocket so that he can take less on his contract and still make the same amount of money? People keep bringing up Brady and not mentioning those two key aspects that makes his deal completely unique and different and not a far comparison for any other QB in the NFL.

Excuse my ignorance, but I have no knowledge of this. Can you elaborate?

On 11/4/2018 at 11:52 PM, mattyicefalcon said:

Only of Ryan could have take home town discount like Brady ...we could have retained Poe and Clayborn. I think!

Its crazy to think 5 x Superbowl champ is not even TOP 15 paid QB.

He's top 11 right now.  He'll be top 5 next year.

When Brady was Ryan's age, he did exactly the same thing Ryan is doing now.[same with Brees] He was the top paid QB in 2006, was top 3-5 most of a decade.  From 2005:  he signed a 48 mil extension, then a 72 mil extension, then a 57 mil extension and  then a 41 mil extension.

13 hours ago, Rhodaric said:

This ^^^^ 
I wish i could like your posts Larry, i appreciate them more than you know because of your balanced view.

A view that many young people could learn a great deal from...

Thank you for the kind words. 

3 hours ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but I have no knowledge of this. Can you elaborate?

There's a lot of scuttlebutt that Kraft and fam have been major investors in the TB12 brand and Brady's various off-the-field fitness ventures. Including a "performance and wellness center" IIRC. 

7 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

There's a lot of scuttlebutt that Kraft and fam have been major investors in the TB12 brand and Brady's various off-the-field fitness ventures. Including a "performance and wellness center" IIRC. 

And it’s a Smart business move. Patriots have always pushed the envelope, which is why they are the envy of rest of league. 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

And it’s a Smart business move. Patriots have always pushed the envelope, which is why they are the envy of rest of league. 

Well, that and Belichick is the best HC in NFL history, by far.

If the league had pushed back on the patriots/Kraft investing in Brady's company, Kraft would have simply waited until Brady retired, then paid him.

Vandy likes this

On 11/6/2018 at 7:09 AM, Vandy said:

You guys tickle me thinking fantasy football points dictate whether a player is elite or not. Like I said to you earlier, you have no clue if you believe TDs/fantasy points are what constitutes the end all criteria of an elite player. 

Do you realize Jones already has as many 100 yard games as HOFer Randy Moss had in his entire career? At 29 years old? 

Fantasy points?  Fantasy points ain't got sh*t to do with a team winning.  But scoring TDs do.  Compared to the other 'elite' WRs, Julio's 10 TDs in 2 full seasons (2016 record breaking year) and 8 games is not elite.  There are a few WRs out there than can score more than 10 TDs in 1 season, let alone 2 and 1/2 seasons.  

On 11/6/2018 at 3:54 PM, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Seriously?  So Julio Jones having a 0% catch percentage in the redzone is ok?  Seems like if Julio is as elite as some of you guys make him out to be, we would try and game plan for him in the RZ?  It doesn't sound like he is elite enough to demand a new contract with 60% of his contract remaining.  Which is my point.  If he was scoring 10+ TDs most years it would be different.  Instead he has only 1 season with 10+ touchdowns, 2012.  That is not worth him wanting to be paid as the top WR, or even top 3.  Maybe M Ryan will want more money after next season just like Julio, or maybe Jake Matthews?   

36 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

Seriously?  So Julio Jones having a 0% catch percentage in the redzone is ok?  Seems like if Julio is as elite as some of you guys make him out to be, we would try and game plan for him in the RZ?  It doesn't sound like he is elite enough to demand a new contract with 60% of his contract remaining.  Which is my point.  If he was scoring 10+ TDs most years it would be different.  Instead he has only 1 season with 10+ touchdowns, 2012.  That is not worth him wanting to be paid as the top WR, or even top 3.  Maybe M Ryan will want more money after next season just like Julio, or maybe Jake Matthews?   

Lol

Drew4719, TheFatboi and Vandy like this

On 11/6/2018 at 7:09 AM, Vandy said:

I think Burleson read the graphic wrong.  Randy Moss had 45 100 yard games in his first 8 seasons, and Julio has 44 so far in his first 8 seasons.  Randy had many more 100 yard games in his career.

ETA Randy had 67 100 yard games, 64 regular season and 3 in the playoffs.

https://www.footballdb.com/players/randy-moss-mossra01/100-yard-receiving-games

Edited by NOVAFalconFan
Vandy likes this

13 hours ago, falconidae said:

He's top 11 right now.  He'll be top 5 next year.

When Brady was Ryan's age, he did exactly the same thing Ryan is doing now.[same with Brees] He was the top paid QB in 2006, was top 3-5 most of a decade.  From 2005:  he signed a 48 mil extension, then a 72 mil extension, then a 57 mil extension and  then a 41 mil extension.

Dude’s not going to come back to own that comment.

falconidae likes this

11 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

lol this is terrible

12 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

Fantasy points?  Fantasy points ain't got sh*t to do with a team winning.  But scoring TDs do.  Compared to the other 'elite' WRs, Julio's 10 TDs in 2 full seasons (2016 record breaking year) and 8 games is not elite.  There are a few WRs out there than can score more than 10 TDs in 1 season, let alone 2 and 1/2 seasons.  

lol this is somehow even worse

13 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

But what you don’t recognize is that’s exactly the plan. Let the other team game plan to stop Julio in the redzone which frees up others to beat single coverage. It’s chess not checkers. What you are saying is we should force feed Julio in the rz. Why would we do that as successful as we’ve been in the rz? And why should it matter who scores as long as we score? And I also saw you mention something about yards vs scores, which made no sense at all. TO SCORE YOU NEED YARDS TO EVEN HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY!!! So Julio still does his part when he catches a 30 yard pass. When he catches a key 1st down on a drive, which he leads the team in 1st. Downs. If we weren’t scoring at all I’d agree with some of the bs you’re saying but all the extra attention Julio gets has allowed other to ball. There’s no ifs, ands, or buts about this simple fact. 

Drew4719, kiwifalcon, Vandy and 1 other like this

34 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

But what you don’t recognize is that’s exactly the plan. Let the other team game plan to stop Julio in the redzone which frees up others to beat single coverage. It’s chess not checkers. What you are saying is we should force feed Julio in the rz. Why would we do that as successful as we’ve been in the rz? And why should it matter who scores as long as we score? And I also saw you mention something about yards vs scores, which made no sense at all. TO SCORE YOU NEED YARDS TO EVEN HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY!!! So Julio still does his part when he catches a 30 yard pass. When he catches a key 1st down on a drive, which he leads the team in 1st. Downs. If we weren’t scoring at all I’d agree with some of the bs you’re saying but all the extra attention Julio gets has allowed other to ball. There’s no ifs, ands, or buts about this simple fact. 

Julio haters are acting like we don't have the #1 redzone TD % since week 2.

Julio has 2 redzone targets on the year (Both vs Philly week 1, both were uncatcheable).

Like you said we don't throw to him by design. Let the defense give him extra attention and kill them somewhere else. It's working to a T. 

Julio might not have big redzone numbers but he has elite redzone effectiveness for the team. 

Lastly he's put himself in position to score literally every game this season by getting open deep. Ryan just hasn't been able to hit him. Ryan connects on half of those and nobody is talking about Julio's lack of TDs. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

34 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Julio haters are acting like we don't have the #1 redzone TD % since week 2.

Julio has 2 redzone targets on the year (Both vs Philly week 1, both were uncatcheable).

Like you said we don't throw to him by design. Let the defense give him extra attention and kill them somewhere else. It's working to a T. 

Julio might not have big redzone numbers but he has elite redzone effectiveness for the team. 

Lastly he's put himself in position to score literally every game this season by getting open deep. Ryan just hasn't been able to hit him. Ryan connects on half of those and nobody is talking about Julio's lack of TDs. 

I wish our fan base could understand this simple metric in x’s and o’s. So frustrating. Matt has only thrown 3 int’s because he has other play makers that can beat single coverage when Julio draws coverage. And 1 of them was on Ridley running the wrong route. As great as AB is Ben will force the ball to him when nobody is open and even when he has others open and it leads to turnovers sometimes. Also AB is left in single coverage much more than Julio is. He doesn’t draw near as much extra attention as Julio, even tho you must know where he is at all times. 

On 11/4/2018 at 11:16 PM, Knight of God said:

Julio Jones getting at TD, but more importantly his teammates showing love.

Kazee learning to make calls and getting everyone in place.

Yale linebacker playing SEC or ACC football.

A kicker coming out of nowhere.

OL losing two major pieces and playing better.

Undrafted SS cast aside and coming back playing like a starter.

Rookie CB playing with heart. 

Kazee becoming the defacto leader of the defense.

Coleman proving he is better than was thought.

195lb Ito playing power football.

Rookie WR playing #1 receiver football.

A few other things. We looked good. Shout out to Jack Crawford. 

:slick:

Knight of God likes this

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Already told him that bro. The dude is brain dead. 

1 hour ago, TheFatboi said:

I wish our fan base could understand this simple metric in x’s and o’s. So frustrating. Matt has only thrown 3 int’s because he has other play makers that can beat single coverage when Julio draws coverage. And 1 of them was on Ridley running the wrong route. As great as AB is Ben will force the ball to him when nobody is open and even when he has others open and it leads to turnovers sometimes. Also AB is left in single coverage much more than Julio is. He doesn’t draw near as much extra attention as Julio, even tho you must know where he is at all times. 

And because of that AB hasn't even put up the best numbers for the Steelers this year, that's Smith-Schuster. He's taken advantage of the attention that Bryant gets just like Ridley has taken advantage of the attention Julio gets.

Vandy and kiwifalcon like this

On 11/8/2018 at 10:17 AM, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

lol this is somehow even worse

Another great game by Sark.

Edited by dawgsjw

On 11/12/2018 at 2:34 AM, dawgsjw said:

Another great game by Sark.

Sarkisian was fine. 

Just because you apparently arent capable of differentiating "results" from "process" isnt an indictment on anyone but you, dawg.