Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knight of God

You Have Your Stories Now

102 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Can someone please post a gif of what Bloodline did to Norman on Julio's TD reception? Good Lawd. Embarrassing. 

That’s the kind of block o linemen wait all year to make. My brother is a Bucs fan (God Love Him) saw it and was like “****! I wish one of our guys would do that!”

Vandy and FalconFanSince1970 like this

9 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Julio Jones getting at TD, but more importantly his teammates showing love.

Kazee learning to make calls and getting everyone in place.

Yale linebacker playing SEC or ACC football.

A kicker coming out of nowhere.

OL losing two major pieces and playing better.

Undrafted SS cast aside and coming back playing like a starter.

Rookie CB playing with heart. 

Kazee becoming the defacto leader of the defense.

Coleman proving he is better than was thought.

195lb Ito playing power football.

Rookie WR playing #1 receiver football.

A few other things. We looked good. Shout out to Jack Crawford. 

3 words for ya:

MO

MEN

TUM

9 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Only of Ryan could have take home town discount like Brady ...we could have retained Poe and Clayborn. I think!

Its crazy to think 5 x Superbowl champ is not even TOP 15 paid QB.

If only ryans nutritional company was hired by the falcons like bradys.

you must be living under a rock thinking Brady doesn’t get his pay on the side

papachaz likes this

9 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Am I the only one that heard "hoooooooppppp" tonight?

we were at the lake breaking down camp, so I listened to most of the first half on the radio. Wes and Arch were pointing that out

What an awesome game that was. Our defense, with all the young players filling in for our leaders, are quickly growing up and shutting us up.

I hope we find a way to keep Coleman next season. I know we are stuck with Freeman cap wise at least one more season, but I love the Coleman/Smith combo. 

For our DBs, I have no problems with Alford but I think he's gone. One of him and Trufant will be cut and we are tied to Trufant as well, so I think Alford's the sacrificial lamb. We'll have Allen, Neal, Trufant, Kazee, Oliver, Poole, Neasman, Wreh-Wilson to utilize at DB.

10 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Bonus:

Our Fans Travel Well!!!

lol that was a loud Falcons road crowd

Just listen to the Julio TD. Crowd be nuts.

We actually seem to have as much or more of a spirited crowd on the road than at home. That might bode well for us the next 8 weeks.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Op makes some great points. I thought the Falcons D looked very good. I realize that the Skins OL was not at full strength, and that the penalties on Washington were a huge factor in the win. What I liked about the Falcons D yesterday, was how they appeared to be ready prior to the snap with good communitcation, and with guys moving other guys perfectly into position to make plays against the runs. The D looked very composed. I hope they can build on that.

10 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Bonus:

Our Fans Travel Well!!!

lol that was a loud Falcons road crowd

Just listen to the Julio TD. Crowd be nuts.

Ya...we killed it!! A whold bunch of us behind the Falcons bench!! We were loud as ****. We had the chants going..."A-T-L"...LOL. At Halftime, I went to get a drink and tons of fans singing  and dancing in the concourses. Atlanta fans high fiving me all overt the place. One of the best games I've been to.

citsalp likes this

Here's another story line that this team needed and can hopefully build on:

Went in to the 4th quarter up 28-14.  4th quarter score was 10-0 birds, instead of 10-0 skins and OT.  Kept the foot on the throttle and closed the game strong.

papachaz likes this

12 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Julio Jones getting at TD, but more importantly his teammates showing love.

Kazee learning to make calls and getting everyone in place.

Yale linebacker playing SEC or ACC football.

A kicker coming out of nowhere.

OL losing two major pieces and playing better.

Undrafted SS cast aside and coming back playing like a starter.

Rookie CB playing with heart. 

Kazee becoming the defacto leader of the defense.

Coleman proving he is better than was thought.

195lb Ito playing power football.

Rookie WR playing #1 receiver football.

A few other things. We looked good. Shout out to Jack Crawford. 

Setting up for the ultimate Cinderella story that goes out with a bang in Atlanta come February.

Hopefully.

But I know, one game at a time. Let's enjoy the ride.

2 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

Op makes some great points. I thought the Falcons D looked very good. I realize that the Skins OL was not at full strength, and that the penalties on Washington were a huge factor in the win. What I liked about the Falcons D yesterday, was how they appeared to be ready prior to the snap with good communitcation, and with guys moving other guys perfectly into position to make plays against the runs. The D looked very composed. I hope they can build on that.

as I mentioned above, I listened to most of the first half on the radio, this is also something that Wes and Archer pointed out, that they get a LOT of holding penalties, so that factors in all their games

1 minute ago, papachaz said:

as I mentioned above, I listened to most of the first half on the radio, this is also something that Wes and Archer pointed out, that they get a LOT of holding penalties, so that factors in all their games

Not sure at what part of the broadcast they shared it but on TV they said DQ put a mic on Kazee and queued it up with film so he knew what he was saying and when he was saying it to help improve his communication.

papachaz likes this

5 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

Good thing the NFL doesn't implement a salary cap or something that limits how much a team can spend on its players.

So Julio isn't reneging on his contract when he held out before the start of the season, asking for more money? Lol ok.  If Julio asks for more money than what his current contract says (after season) then will you consider him reneging them?

He held out of OTAs which aren't mandatory.

He was at TC on time Quinn said he already knew he was coming to that and also participated in Matt Ryan's passing camp out in Cali.

All Julio asked for at the beginning of the season was for more money to be front loaded onto his original deal.

Reneging no I won't I feel if the team choose to give him a new deal that will be on them.Remember the team can always say no and make him play out his original deal.

Salary cap is a guide don't take it as being so black n white it's easy to structure deals in a way to make players fit it's done all over the league.Thats not for you or I to worry about let the people that get paid to make those decisions make them.For the most part 9 out of 10 fans asked about a teams cap situation are speculating anyway.

falconidae likes this

1 hour ago, kschreck said:

The way those guys rallied around Julio when he got his TD was incredible.  Moments like that make me proud to be a Falcons' fan.

This lack of TD production is media driven the stats suggest that but like you mention his teamates no how important he is to this team and showed there appreciation of him.

kschreck likes this

8 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

Good thing the NFL doesn't implement a salary cap or something that limits how much a team can spend on its players.

So Julio isn't reneging on his contract when he held out before the start of the season, asking for more money? Lol ok.  If Julio asks for more money than what his current contract says (after season) then will you consider him reneging them?

Good thing that there's all kinds of different ways to draw up contracts to make them fit under said salary cap.

22 hours ago, Vandy said:

Get out of here with that nonsense...You have no clue the meaning of elite. 

So 9 TDs in 2 seasons and then 1 TD in 8 games is elite for a WR? 

How many points does yardage get you?  Last time I checked TDs and FGs are what gets you points.

10 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

So 9 TDs in 2 seasons and then 1 TD in 8 games is elite for a WR? 

How many points does yardage get you?  Last time I checked TDs and FGs are what gets you points.

You guys tickle me thinking fantasy football points dictate whether a player is elite or not. Like I said to you earlier, you have no clue if you believe TDs/fantasy points are what constitutes the end all criteria of an elite player. 

Do you realize Jones already has as many 100 yard games as HOFer Randy Moss had in his entire career? At 29 years old? 

This offense goes through Jones. 

7 hours ago, Vandy said:

You guys tickle me thinking fantasy football points dictate whether a player is elite or not. Like I said earlier, you have no clue if you believe TDs/fantasy points are what constitutes the end all criteria of an elite player. 

Do you realize Jones already has as many 100 yard games as Randy Moss had in his entire career? At 29 years old? 

This offense goes through Jones. 

Julio is also in the next game going to top 10,000 career yards and blow away Calvin Johnson's record. Julio is going to do it in about 12 less games than Johnson did.

Also, speaking of yards, this past Sunday was Matt's 50th career 300 yard game.

Vandy and Drew4719 like this