Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knight of God

You Have Your Stories Now

102 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How many NFL QB's are married to a woman who is worth more than he is? How many NFL QB's have a business deal on the side that generates revenue directly from the team he plays for that puts money in his pocket so that he can take less on his contract and still make the same amount of money? People keep bringing up Brady and not mentioning those two key aspects that makes his deal completely unique and different and not a far comparison for any other QB in the NFL.

Also it's not true. Brady has 5 mil higher cap hit this season and next.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How many NFL QB's are married to a woman who is worth more than he is? How many NFL QB's have a business deal on the side that generates revenue directly from the team he plays for that puts money in his pocket so that he can take less on his contract and still make the same amount of money? People keep bringing up Brady and not mentioning those two key aspects that makes his deal completely unique and different and not a far comparison for any other QB in the NFL.

Agree but still crazy to think hes not even TOP 15 paid Q.B

Besides, I personally dont have issue with Ryan getting paid what he got.

Hes earned it but, if that was the only way next year to retain some.key players he could restructure.

6 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Only of Ryan could have take home town discount like Brady ...we could have retained Poe and Clayborn. I think!

Its crazy to think 5 x Superbowl champ is not even TOP 15 paid QB.

Brady is actually the 11th highest paid QB this season, ahead of both Ryan and Rodgers. And people need to stop thinking that Brady’s contract should be the expectation for all QB’s. Brady is clearly an exception to the rule. If he weren’t married to a person that has a higher net worth than him, he would be breaking contract records just like the rest of the good QB’s in the league 

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Just keep drafting well and it’s never a problem. 

Exactly!! When you draft well these are the kind of decisions you have to make. But they're easier to make when you keep hitting on draft picks. As much as I love Coleman and want to keep him, its not the end of the world if we lose him and pick up a 3rd round comp pick for him. If the 49ers are willing to pay Jerick McKinnon the deal he got then surely someone would pay Coleman a good enough deal to net the Falcons a 3rd, at worst a 4th.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

18 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

You heard it right and i had a smile that our fans was doing the invading for once

Dawg fans have been taking over every Stadium this year.....I had to smile with you when i heard the birds rising up in DC.

RoddyWhite84 likes this

1 hour ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I swear on everything, Neasman has looked lightyears better than Flowers.

I barely saw Flowers on the field but the one play I did I specifically remember telling everyone around me to watch out for whoever he was covering and sure enough, he gave a big play. 

Neasman needs to be the starter at SS 

Flowers???

1 hour ago, bertrain7 said:

You realize they pay him through his company right? They have a loophole and are abusing it. Matty Ice doesn't cheat.

Why don't we do this with all the players we want to retain?

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'll never understand this "I ******* don't want to pay Julio" crap folks keep spewing!

No no no.  Most are saying that he isn't worth the top dollar, not we shouldn't resign him at all. One must admit that 9 TDs in 2 seasons, plus only 1 TD in 8 weeks, isn't elite for a WR.  Not to mention he is at the back end of his career.  Also the Falcons are already paying Julio RIGHT NOW, but Julio wants to renege on his contract which he has like 2 or 3 years left on it.  Hopefully M Ryan, Takk, Grady, Deion, etc don't follow in Julio's footsteps and want to get a better deal with 60% of your contract remaining.

28 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

No no no.  Most are saying that he isn't worth the top dollar, not we shouldn't resign him at all. One must admit that 9 TDs in 2 seasons, plus only 1 TD in 8 weeks, isn't elite for a WR.  Not to mention he is at the back end of his career.  Also the Falcons are already paying Julio RIGHT NOW, but Julio wants to renege on his contract which he has like 2 or 3 years left on it.  Hopefully M Ryan, Takk, Grady, Deion, etc don't follow in Julio's footsteps and want to get a better deal with 60% of your contract remaining.

Whose saying he isn't worth his contract?

1 TD in 8 weeks is for the stat guys means nothing.Why not ask the people that go to battle every week with this guy if hes worth the money.

Julio hasn't reneged on anything he's asked for an upgrade and possibly a rewritten extension how's that reneging ?

I swear fans hate playmakers and love putting facts out there that just aren't true.

Complaining about another man's money your not paying lol.

5 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Dawg fans have been taking over every Stadium this year.....I had to smile with you when i heard the birds rising up in DC.

At home i was like hoooooopppp when he catch him my girl looked at me like i was crazy i had to explain why i was doing it and she just laughed lol

6 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Oh I dont care to pay him. Just trying to figure out how you pay him and Grady....who is clearly a monster DT.

Grady or Julio? Biggest need...Grady. I've got one foot in and one foot out on paying Julio big money. He's a beast without question but to sell the farm to keep him, I just don't know. We'll see what magic TD can work. Who knows, Matt may rework his deal. 

theDIRTYcode likes this

7 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Julio Jones getting at TD, but more importantly his teammates showing love.

Kazee learning to make calls and getting everyone in place.

Yale linebacker playing SEC or ACC football.

A kicker coming out of nowhere.

OL losing two major pieces and playing better.

Undrafted SS cast aside and coming back playing like a starter.

Rookie CB playing with heart. 

Kazee becoming the defacto leader of the defense.

Coleman proving he is better than was thought.

195lb Ito playing power football.

Rookie WR playing #1 receiver football.

A few other things. We looked good. Shout out to Jack Crawford. 

Crawford is putting together a really nice season. Up to 4.5 sacks. I’m impressed with the work he’s put in.

i had no doubt on Kazee or Ito 

4 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Complaining about another man's money your not paying lol.

Good thing the NFL doesn't implement a salary cap or something that limits how much a team can spend on its players.

So Julio isn't reneging on his contract when he held out before the start of the season, asking for more money? Lol ok.  If Julio asks for more money than what his current contract says (after season) then will you consider him reneging them?

We need our guys to each come up with their own “product” that the Falcons can buy. Say, four or five guys.. contract year guys. Wonder how quickly the NFL would step in to squash that?

More stories:

Tryfant - I have been neutral on Trufant. I give him the benefit of the doubt that he may be playing with one of those undisclosed injuries that fans only hear about during the off-season. Maybe that's why he's been playing soft. But that has nothing to do with catching the football. Maybe he subconsciously sees the football and think it's a giant flying cockroach quickly coming towards him and he tries to swat it away. Just speculating.

More Trufant - when the ball deflected off Ishmael's helmet he showed no sense of urgency to try and catch it. Big Flying Cockroach

Neasman played well and delivered the kind big hit that's been missing since Neal went down

Kazee - I was saying Kazee has been quiet this game and 5 seconds later he gets the INT. He's a keeper

Oline - Guys stepped up. Yeah Matthews got beat on one play but those guys were blocking today

Coleman and Smith - both guys ran hard and blocked well

4th Qtr - Very sloppy at one point. Garland - holding, Hooper - PI - Hall - PI  - all on one drive. But the offense kept battling and Julio's TD put the exclamation mark on the win.

Falcons fans in the stadium made their presence heard

Crawford - Pass the hot sauce. I thought he was another bad FA signing at the start of the season but he is really starting to impress

5 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

Get out of here with that nonsense...You have no clue the meaning of elite.