I'm very impressed with Dan Quinn

you seeing the same thing in Seattle they are pulling it together after losing so much talent as well.  And Im saying that to say this gives also faith in Quinn because of how similar the teams operate. 

Edited by DMT11

I got to say I was one that has criticized Quinn after the 1-4 start, saying he has started to remind me of mark richt. But I am here to say I was way off on that comment. He does things between monday and game time that clearly is the right direction for this team. Wish he would show some more emotion on the side lines, But thats just not his style. I was really impressed with the Defense today. They gelled nicely today

Edited by falconsrsuper

DQ is a very good HC. Fans from everywhere and all corners will always blame the coach right wrong or indifferent. DQ is a good one and can’t help the injuries. I’m the first one to say his commitment to the brotherhood and stubbornness might get him fired, but he’s the best the Falcons ever had. 

1 hour ago, rounz said:

I'm not ready to anoint him, yet.

But if he can pull off a winning season as crippled as we have been, I can stop seeing 28-3 flash before my eyes when i look at him.

If this team finishes with a winning record it would be a truly stunning achievement. They were roadkill at 1-4, but the way they played today they look to be ready for a serious stretch run. Have to give Quinn a huge amount of credit.

13 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

If this team finishes with a winning record it would be a truly stunning achievement. They were roadkill at 1-4, but the way they played today they look to be ready for a serious stretch run. Have to give Quinn a huge amount of credit.

Yeah. I had already prepared myself for "wait til next year"  at that point; and generally even wins since then had seemed a little shaky.

But man, they looked good today, and I do have to give Quinn his due.

I'm trying not to get too excited after this win, but what the heck: I think I will!:slick:

1 minute ago, rounz said:

Yeah. I had already prepared myself for "wait til next year"  at that point; and generally even wins since then had seemed a little shaky.

I'm trying not to get too excited after this win, but what the heck: I think I will!:slick:

Same here. What a fun game to watch today! Really proud of how they've handled themselves with all the adversity. I think they can keep this kind of quality play up as the competition ramps up. Looking really tight, solid and confident.

7 minutes ago, rounz said:

Be excited! We just beat a team that was 5-2 with a top 10 D, and the #10 rushing O

2 minutes ago, ki46dinah said:

Be excited! We just beat a team that was 5-2 with a top 10 D, and the #10 rushing O

I guess I was trying to be all adult and everything, telling myself that the Falcons are notorious for raising and then dashing hopes. So it's best to keep an even keel.

But the kid in me says "Who cares what might happen next week?  Enjoy the moment!"

Something about this game felt like getting a monkey off our back in a weird way.

We finally played what felt like our most complete game.

We closed a team out the right way without giving up garbage TDs

We didn’t have to hold our breath down the stretch because the other team had a chance to win or tie 

We finally got our run game going against a good run Defense at that.

We finally got Julio in to the end zone which fired up the whole team.

Most importantly we dug in and fought our way back to .500 just in time for the back half of the season.

The bye week did us some good and you can clearly see the development of the defense and improvement of the run blocking.

We look poised to make a go of it down the stretch.

One game at a time, just win baby!!

2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

DQ is a very good HC. Fans from everywhere and all corners will always blame the coach right wrong or indifferent. DQ is a good one and can’t help the injuries. I’m the first one to say his commitment to the brotherhood and stubbornness might get him fired, but he’s the best the Falcons ever had. 

This coaching staff seems to know what it's doing.

6 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I'm impressed with the way Dan Quinn has our boys playing even with all these injuries. We would be a 4-12 team this season under Mike Smith. Our team responds very well to adversity under Dan Quinn. We are very fortunate to have Dan Quinn as our coach.

Dam why you have to take a shot at Smitty? In 2009 he lost several games to injury from Ryan, Turner, Norwood, Snelling, Ovie, Douglas, Fin, half the Oline, two DTs, two CBs and his SS. Coached the rest of em up to a 9-7 record and the first back to back winning season in franchise history.