I will eat crow over sark

ryanadonis

Fantastic game by the offense and entire team.  This week was the first week i felt the offense was confident and did the right things. I dont know if it was just time or what, but playcalling and execution was **** near perfect.  I am here to admit i was wrong that sark couldn't adjust and didn't have what it took. Quinn knows what he is doing and i will never doubt him again.

4 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Fantastic game by the offense and entire team.  This week was the first week i felt the offense was confident and did the right things. I dont know if it was just time or what, but playcalling and execution was **** near perfect.  I am here to admit i was wrong that sark couldn't adjust and didn't have what it took. Quinn knows what he is doing and i will never doubt him again.

I saw a lot of Knapp out there on the field today but Sark is the Coordinator and deserves all the credit especially allowing a man who many felt was brought in to take his job to put his imprint on the offense. Positive Friction is a beautiful thing.

Edited by lostnmexico

1 minute ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Just this week not the other 7 weeks (really 5, off game in Philly and Pittsburgh). Smh

No, today had a different feel, much like the 2016 offense when we were rolling at the middle end of season. Things I always look for is when and how they call run and pass plays.  We know the play action is coming, how do they counter that and run the ball?  Today was a magnificent game of play calling and misdirection.  There was only one drive where I wish they ran the ball more but thats knick picking at its finest.  Major props to the offense and Sark for figuring out a way to be as effective as possible.

8 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

You just joined a long, long list.

Just now, R_The_Great said:

No, today had a different feel, much like the 2016 offense when we were rolling at the middle end of season. Things I always look for is when and how they call run and pass plays.  We know the play action is coming, how do they counter that and run the ball?  Today was a magnificent game of play calling and misdirection.  There was only one drive where I wish they ran the ball more but thats knick picking at its finest.  Major props to the offense and Sark for figuring out a way to be as effective as possible.

The difference today is the run game actually complimented the passing game. We are tough to stop when running the ball like we did today. Loved Sarks constant use of pick routes on passing downs.

1 minute ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Lmaoo you would swear we're undefeated with how vindicated y'all are acting

Sark was horrible in 2017, he deserved every bit of criticism he got. Now he's good, and he deserves props. So does Knapp. Buzz off, little fly

Hard to look good as an oc when you lead the league in drops. It was explained to you. You didn't listen. 

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The difference today is the run game actually complimented the passing game. We are tough to stop when running the ball like we did today. Loved Sarks constant use of pick routes on passing downs.

I was really impressed with the run play calls.  Matt Ryan is at his best when he does the misdirection hand offs and he can fool a defense just by the way he hands a ball off. 

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Really impressed how Sark is figuring out how to take advantage of mismatches. A lot of those good runs were on 2nd and longs against skins nickle defense. 

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You don't think that drop after drop in critical situations will cause an offense to be out of sync? 

Yes, but I also think an out-of-sync offense can inflate drops (bad timing on routes/throws). We dropped a ton of passes today and still balled out. 

I can admit that I was wrong on Sark, but you gotta at least admit he sucked last year. Let's not pretend like it was all the players fault.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You don't think that drop after drop in critical situations will cause an offense to be out of sync? 

They obviously did.  But if you don’t  think 2018 Sark is significantly better than 2017 Sark then we are watching different games. His gameplanning and taking advantage of mismatches is vastly improved

Edited by Falconsin2012

6 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Lmaoo you would swear we're undefeated with how vindicated y'all are acting

Sark was horrible in 2017, he deserved every bit of criticism he got. Now he's good, and he deserves props. So does Knapp. Buzz off, little fly

Absolutely………..Give credit where credit is doo and when necessary…..shovel the Poo too!

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Hard to look good as an oc when you lead the league in drops. It was explained to you. You didn't listen. 

It was more than that though.  The play calling was excellent.  I thought that the Redskins defensive line would be too much to handle but the Falcons game planned to get the ball out quick and misdirect.  They could run this offense all year like they did today and would be perfectly fine.   I think there will be 3 NFC south teams making the playoffs again.  

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

They obviously did.  But if you think 2018 Sark isn’t significantly better than 2017 Sark then we are watching different games. His gameplanning and taking advantage of mismatches is vastly improved

He is obviously better than last year, but we have people here pretending he was god awful last year when that just wasn't the case. In 3 years I've seen two very good offensive coordinators get **** all over because players weren't executing. Nobody learned a **** thing from the Shanahan situation.

Edited by FalconFanSince1969