Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ya_boi_j

Breaking news that no one here knew of

61 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Monolith2001 said:

I have and will continue to get on Vic's case until he becomes a consistent force or we let him walk but good on FO for not taking the bait. 

@VicBealsey:  Your team stood up for you...show them how much you appreciate it by stopping all those mean nasty athiest pedophiles that play on Washington's offensive line.  I hear they are going to Adairsville soon.  I hear they can't be stopped and Alex Smith said yo mama ugly.

I don’t think Vic Bealsey cares about his mama being called ugly

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

LOL.  I didn't want to go too far with fake news.  At the end of the day, I think Vic 's biggest issue (imo) is that he is not a psychopath.  If he was, I have no doubt he'd be far more effective than he is.  In spite of saying that, I kinda like that Vic is not crazy or borderline.  I can only imagine myself with his physical tools in my mid 20s.  Scary thought.

ya_boi_j and Jpg428gggg like this

1 minute ago, Monolith2001 said:

LOL.  I didn't want to go too far with fake news.  At the end of the day, I think Vic 's biggest issue (imo) is that he is not a psychopath.  If he was, I have no doubt he'd be far more effective than he is.  In spite of saying that, I kinda like that Vic is not crazy or borderline.  I can only imagine myself with his physical tools in my mid 20s.  Scary thought.

I wish the falcons had a James Harrison mold. Someone who actually strikes fear in offensive tackles

Monolith2001 likes this

23 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Say that to Takk or Grady and they might slap the **** out of the opponent. Say that to Vic and he'll ask why you're being so mean.

Jerz #Quinning and ya_boi_j like this

With the contract he’s slated to get next year and what he’s done so far, I’d have pulled the trigger on a 3rd or higher. If there was significant interest and multiple teams as reported, I can’t see that at least a 3rd wasn’t in the conversation somewhere.

ya_boi_j likes this

26 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Sack/ pd and FF today...my predict.

That's a pretty bold prediction. Not sure anyone will top it))

36 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Beasley is a capable guy, even if he hasn't gotten the sacks this year, and you don't trade your capable guys when you haven't given up on the season. The Falcons haven't given up on the season.

Exactly, this team isn’t better with out Vic. If they had given up, there would have been many players on trading block. Vic has 16 QB Pressures, twice as many as Takk. Vic needs to finish these pressures with sacks to put up crazy numbers.

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

That’s interesting and I can’t wait to see some of the comments. :munch:

Don’t you mean we could’ve gotten that offer of nothing for him? “Hey, can we just borrow him for nothing to see if we can get more out of the dude like in case?”

Atlanta: “WOW, what do you think guys? Hold out for a 7th round offer?” 

The tough choices.

blkbigdog35 likes this

We have plenty of time to trade Vic but right now if you feel like we still have a chance at anything meaningful this season theres no point in trading any player on this limp wrist defense. We need all the help we can get..with the wind Vic generates from blowing past the QB included.

ya_boi_j and Ergo Proxy like this

6 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

We have plenty of time to trade Vic but right now if you feel like we still have a chance at anything meaningful this season theres no point in trading any player on this limp wrist defense. We need all the help we can get..with the wind Vic generates from blowing past the QB included.

Exactly

And, the bottom line is that we don’t know what was offered.

However, selling Vic right now would yield lowest returns. Nobody in their right mind would trade much for his current market value. I don’t get the point of believing it must’ve been several offers or even a single one worth considering long.

Other teams gotta just see if we want out by way of trade. MAYBE someone offered a 5th.

If Vic makes a single play to secure a playoff spot or win a playoff game it’s worrh the shot at losing a 5th or lower. And who would trade a higher pick for Vic without knowing his asking price anyway? It’d be a rental on a guy not producing then.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Jerz #Quinning likes this

If they weren't the ones trying to shop him then this is nothing. Anyone can call and ask. You'll always listen. But if you aren't the one putting out feelers, it means nothing. John Lynch asked Belichick about Brady before they traded for Jimmy G. Does that mean the Patriots were trying to move Brady? Lol teams saw how low stat line, thought maybe we were ready to pack it in and shot their shot. Nothing more

2 hours ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Soo safe to say DE is a need next offseason.if they were entertaining offers that in and of itself is telling

Not sure what was going on. Did they really tell teams Beasley was available? Or, did they discuss players in general and when some team asked specifically about Beasley they just said no, regardless of what was offered? We don't know what they turned down. I strongly suspect it didn't matter.

They've always been all-in on Beasley. I haven't seen Quinn or the FO equivocating on that commitment. They gave him the 5-year extension already, didn't they? Add him to the Sacred Cow list. He's here for the duration. Either way, I would hope they still have DE high on their list for next season's draft.

3 hours ago, FalconofShadows said:

I mean it depends on what was being offered. If teams were calling for a5th rounder or lower then I'd rather keep Vic but if teams were offering a 1st or 2nd then that's just dumb to decline

Most likely it wasn't in the first or second because if it was I'm pretty sure the front office would have grabbed it up I doubt they're that dumb