Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blkbigdog35

Hawks November Game Thread

128 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

Ive been watching the Hawks since around 1978 or so. Ive never seen them THIS bad, rebuilding or otherwise...

Did you miss the 13 win season.

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Very poor start to this game.  They have to improve the defensive effort in the second half 

Effort, period!

Young, Collins, Prince, Spellman, Len, Huerter and Carter as mentor.  The others are cuts and trade material...

Edited by slickgadawg

1 hour ago, UGABOZ said:

So can expect prince to just shoot 3's all the time and avg 5-9 turn overs a night !?

He turned the ball over a lot last year. I was hoping he would have it cleaned up by now, but it’s just as bad. The rest of his game is good though. He’ll be a great one once he’s more careful with the ball.

blkbigdog35 likes this

8 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

So can expect prince to just shoot 3's all the time and avg 5-9 turn overs a night !?

I think Prince is pressing but hopefully he learns to improve his shot selection.  Would like to see him attack the basket more instead of settling for 3s but this team is a work in progress.

On 11/12/2018 at 0:07 PM, Drew4719 said:

He turned the ball over a lot last year. I was hoping he would have it cleaned up by now, but it’s just as bad. The rest of his game is good though. He’ll be a great one once he’s more careful with the ball.

great one?

21 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

I think Prince is pressing but hopefully he learns to improve his shot selection.  Would like to see him attack the basket more instead of settling for 3s but this team is a work in progress.

agree

It wasn't the altitude, it was the lack of effort," Hawks coach Lloyd Pierce said. "This one stung. Everyone has a game like tonight. It's frustrating when you have to speak to effort and this wasn't any fun. Tonight we didn't have it for some reason. We'll regroup and stay together tomorrow on our day off."

We've got to stop putting ourselves in that situation," the Hawks' Omari Spellman said. "It's not acceptable that we keep coming out like that. We can't wait till we get punched in the mouth to compete." Not sure what the disconnect is but with Coach Pierce speaking on lack of effort has me concerned about this young team.   138 to 93 loss is a disgraceful display!