Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blkbigdog35

Hawks November Game Thread

64 posts in this topic

excited for the game tonight lets get some good things going, less to's, take good shots (bembry and Prince) high screens for trae would be a good start

Atlanta Hawks without Taurean Prince in Charlotte

A notable absence. 

By Brad Rowland@BTRowland  Nov 5, 2018, 4:19pm EST

Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

Update: The Hawks have officially ruled Prince out for Tuesday’s game.

Though the third-year forward’s play has been up and down in the early stages of the 2018-19 season, Taurean Prince is unquestionably a key cog for the Atlanta Hawks. However, the team will likely be without his services on Tuesday evening, as the team listed Prince as doubtful for a road game against the Charlotte Hornets with a right ankle sprain. 

Prince has been remarkably durable in the early stages of his career, appearing in all 82 games during his second NBA season. While the injury does not appear to be one that will cost him a lengthy absence, Prince seemingly suffered the ailment during the fourth quarter of Atlanta’s win over the Miami Heat on Saturday, and the team has every incentive to be cautious with a member of its young core.

In Prince’s stead, the Hawks will likely turn to increased minutes for Kevin Huerter and DeAndre’ Bembry, with the potential to deploy Tyler Dorsey and/or Daniel Hamilton, who was recalled from the G League on Sunday. While Prince has not been ruled out at this juncture, Atlanta will return home for a game against the New York Knicks on Wednesday, and it will be interesting to monitor his status for that contest. 

Stay tuned.

Hawks rookie Trae Young already looks like the real deal

7 hours ago

By 

Michael Cunningham

https://www.ajc.com/blog/mike-check/hawks-rookie-trae-young-already-looks-like-the-real-deal/JaDZUSUuYooiBK7hDKWoZK/

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

More

Full disclosure: I’m rooting for Trae Young to succeed. That’s not because of any allegiance to the Hawks, of which I have zero. It’s also not because of a personal affinity for Young, who has seemed likable in our professional interactions but who I don’t know well. 

Rather, I hope Young becomes a good NBA player because so many annoying people are cheering for him to fail. I’m anti-anti-Trae Young. 

So maybe I’m just being defiant when I say that Young already looks like the real deal. It’s possible I’ll end up looking silly making such a proclamation after he’s been in the league for barely three weeks. If it turns out that way, I’ll own it. 

But I doubt I’ll have to take that “L.” The Hawks are a bad team but Young is really good. He just turned 20. As Young gets more minutes and muscle, and the Hawks add more talent around him, look out. 

Young’s numbers already are impressive. He ranks first among qualified rookies in assists per game (7.9), second in points (19.1), seventh in field-goal percentage and fifth in 3-point percentage (32.1).  

We played 3 good quarters and saved the meltdown for the 4th quarter tonight. Too many turnovers.

Did not like Trae's shot selection to start the game, too many bad 3s, its like he was trying to win the game in the first 5 minutes of the game,  his assists are other worldly.

Heurter can play defense, needs to me more agressive looking for his shot. He can do stuff like  this:

Vince is just showing off dunking at 41 .

Gotta be kidding me TP. Good effort to get back in the game hawks. I can deal with losses like these last two nights, just not 130 point ones.

Interesting info on TP's shooting struggles:

Prince has also seemingly been nursing a small injury to his shooting hand over the last few weeks and while that hasn’t held him out of any games (he missed Tuesday’s game against Charlotte with a different ailment), it’s clearly affecting his shooting, both in games and in pre-game warmups, when he can be seen fiddling with the tape on his ring and pinkie fingers or throwing off the tape completely, only to see it return come game time.