Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slickgadawg

Whats up with these high scoring NBA games?

5 posts in this topic

The NFL rule changes have cause that league to be scoring at high levels, whats up with these NBA games?  I know the NBA changed the shot clock rule to where when you get a offensive rebound the clock resets to 14 seconds instead of 24 seconds but that can't be the reason these games are scoring like they are. You are seeing games regularly go into 130 point games.  Is it just about the show now and zero defense???:(

23 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

The NFL rule changes have cause that league to be scoring at high levels, whats up with these NBA games?  I know the NBA changed the shot clock rule to where when you get a offensive rebound the clock resets to 14 seconds instead of 24 seconds but that can't be the reason these games are scoring like they are. You are seeing games regularly go into 130 point games.  Is it just about the show now and zero defense???:(

The new point of emphasis also has a lot to do with it..........freedom of movement on the perimeter and in the post, 

def-grab-rules.jpg?itok=EVOiRXSp
During the upcoming season, this type of arm wrap will result in a foul.

The emphasis on freedom of movement is geared toward cutting down on arm wraps, grabbing and dislodging by both offensive and defensive player.

Everything is a foul on the perimter now, so teams are getting in the bonus early and shooting more freethrows.  

Teams are playing at a faster pace and launching more 3s.

slickgadawg likes this

1 hour ago, jayu70 said:

The new point of emphasis also has a lot to do with it..........freedom of movement on the perimeter and in the post, 

def-grab-rules.jpg?itok=EVOiRXSp
During the upcoming season, this type of arm wrap will result in a foul.

The emphasis on freedom of movement is geared toward cutting down on arm wraps, grabbing and dislodging by both offensive and defensive player.

Everything is a foul on the perimter now, so teams are getting in the bonus early and shooting more freethrows.  

Teams are playing at a faster pace and launching more 3s.

So it IS a rule change.  The NBA is unwatchable now. It was horrible before but now they might as well disband that crap. OKC scored almost 80 points in a half...:(

This new rule change favors high powered scoring teams like Golden State too :argh: I hate the Warriors so **** much, and it's ruining LeBron's career too and I believe LeBron would have fit perfectly with the old NBA rules where Jordan and Kobe came from. 

I kinda like it and kinda don't. I like the freedom and crazy scores, but if players don't want to get bullied on the court, get yo' weight up!

It's a lot more fun to watch, and it will place significant emphasis on players who can play defense (a la, play both ways).