TRUju2111

Is everyone ready for the emotional aftermath of sunday?

121 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Don't get too emotionally vested on the team anymore, I'm a grown man with a family and one smile from my baby girl means more to me than one thousand Falcon's victories on sunday.

If the bad guys win this week, tough ****. I've seen it before and I'll see it again many times. I'll still tune in to watch my favorite show and hope the good guys can turn it around the following week.

This!!! A million times this!!! Real life!! The stuff that actually matters. Not some stupid football game. The people that have mental breakdowns over a football game? Really? I'd hate to see what happens when something that really matters happens to you.

kiwifalcon likes this

39 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Its funny you guys hate, yet the ones that know its a lost season and are still watching are the true fans. Lets see if yall keep watching when you realize its over, DOUBT IT!

I cheered my heart out when the Falcons beat the Seahawks in the final game of the 2007 season just to reach 4-12. Tell me who the real fans are?

It's a week to week proposition for me.I can't bring myself to plan or think play-offs.

I been saying this for 2-3 weeks now as long as I see small incremental improvement in key spots I think we can make a run.

1. Running inside gotta think this helps the offense we need to get some inside running going here.

2.Tackling correct technique and eliminate YAC.

3.DBs in coverage,both senior guy's are down on confidence right now gotta hope there play improves.

4.Penalties PI as above technique,Procedural Penalties oline I'm looking at you holding false start all of that sought that out and it'll also help.

PokerSteve likes this

I've not checked out. However, I have no grand illusions for Falcons greatness, as this seems to be a snakebit season for the Birds. What goves me some hope is that in years past when the team looked bad it was because they were simply just playing bad and really not showing any pride. This 2018 team may have some of those types of players, but for the most part, I'm seeing a good overall effort that just can't overcome the injuries to so many starters. It may get worse, it may get better. Either way, I'll watch with low expectations and hope for the best. I'm somewhat numb to the dissappointment with this team (and other ATL pro teams too) , as a part of my "Atlanta Sports Fan" soul died after the Super Bowl meltdown, and has yet to regenerate itself.

rounz and PokerSteve like this

1 hour ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I'm right there with you minus the fantasy stuff.

I hate this defeatist attitude some people have around here. Things happen in the NFL and we are right there with everybody.  

Agreed buddy.  I sit there and yell and curse, and tell my wife i'm tired of watching this crap.  10 minutes later i'm looking at NFC South scores and next weeks opponent.  As Falcons fans Giving Up is not an option.  

22 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

I've not checked out. However, I have no grand illusions for Falcons greatness, as this seems to be a snakebit season for the Birds. What goves me some hope is that in years past when the team looked bad it was because they were simply just playing bad and really not showing any pride. This 2018 team may have some of those types of players, but for the most part, I'm seeing a good overall effort that just can't overcome the injuries to so many starters. It may get worse, it may get better. Either way, I'll watch with low expectations and hope for the best. I'm somewhat numb to the dissappointment with this team (and other ATL pro teams too) , as a part of my "Atlanta Sports Fan" soul died after the Super Bowl meltdown, and has yet to regenerate itself.

Yup. Sure, we all thought coming in we would be contenders. Doesn't seem to be the case though. At least the team is competitive and we have a QB playing at an MVP level which gives us a chance every single week. Been through so many worse seasons than this lol.

PokerSteve likes this

I get pumped for every game no matter what the record is and watch every second no matter the score.  I like 1 p.m. games best.

Been watching or listening since day 1 because of my father who never saw them get to a bowl.

I watch by myself because I am quite emotional and talk out loud a bunch.

When they win, I'm stoked, when they lose, I'm bummed for a little bit.  Wear a Falcons T or sweatshirt after every game, win or lose.

A round of golf does wonders for me before a game.

Go Falcons

PokerSteve likes this

The Browns game i can see us winning. This Redskin game, i dont know. Their defense  is stacked and we're playing an away outdoor game ... They are 5-2 for a reason. If we can get out of there with a 1 point ugly win then i will be happy.

PokerSteve likes this

4 hours ago, revrndzombie said:

The one good thing about the collapse that dare not be spoken:

I still ride the highs and lows but not nearly as much as I used to. The highs arent as high and the lows arent as low. 

So thats good right. 

anyone here who's been a fan of this team going back before MV7, or even 1998,  already knew this, probably for a few decades before you became a fan....just sayin. Welcome aboard young un  ;)

PokerSteve likes this

4 hours ago, revrndzombie said:

The one good thing about the collapse that dare not be spoken:

I still ride the highs and lows but not nearly as much as I used to. The highs arent as high and the lows arent as low. 

So thats good right. 

Same. I couldn't be as emotionally invested after the Superbowl loss. The positive though is that, when seasons like the one we are in happen, I'm not a raging a$$hole to everyone I meet. Also being able to function like a normal human being without soul crushing depression on a daily basis is a plus as well.

papachaz and PokerSteve like this

I am the point where I curse Ivan Allen and Rankin Smith for bringing this team to Atlanta!!! I’ve met both and shared their vision for this team and City. 

I was hooked when I was young and relyed upon my father and father in law for my Falcons fix until I started making money to get my dirty bird fix! Since then, I understand and appreciate the value of my money and the charitable contribution to the fat cats of the millionaire club.

6 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Some of us have checked out and realized its a lost season, however if we win we are not in bad shape going forward. Are those who who have checked out ready to check back in knowing it will mostly still not end well?

Those that believe we are going to win and have a legit playoff chance, are you ready to finally realize that this is a lost season if we lose, even if we beat the browns the following week?

I like that you've checked out on the Falcons, yet have not checked out with regard to whether we are going to check out. 

Peyton likes this

Its Whatever with this team. 28-3 will live in infamy. The 98 SB will always be a horror movie. We just cant seem to put it all together. This season is a weekly episode of M*A*S*H .... Now im drinking a lot more

TRUju2111 likes this

Excited to watch our guys go out there and compete on Sunday. I’ll watch hoping for improvement and continue to do so week by week until week one of the playoffs. We got this. 

I will predict failure for this team UNTIL they actually win a SB and the clock is at 0 for that game. Until that actually happens I pretty much think we will always lose

7 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I'm good win or lose

I'm going to the game, and I spent good hard earned money on that ticket and parking pass (robbery). I'm gonna enjoy myself whatever happens dagonit!

RING OF HONOR likes this

1 hour ago, DogIsYourName said:

I like that you've checked out on the Falcons, yet have not checked out with regard to whether we are going to check out. 

Ok that was funny....

1 hour ago, DogIsYourName said:

Like Bates Motel in here!

35 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I'm going to the game, and I spent good hard earned money on that ticket and parking pass (robbery). I'm gonna enjoy myself whatever happens dagonit!

Enjoy

JerseyNo11 likes this

Reality is that the injuries really hurt. My expectations were crushed. I never check-out. Win the next 2 games and get Debo back and who knows with the way Ryan is playing. We can outscore every team left on our schedule if the offense gets some help from the defense. I know I am probably being overly optimistic. No team left on our schedule scares me. The Saints and Carolina are probably the hardest games we have left. We have 5 conference games left and are 3-2 in the NFC. We must beat the Redskins to have a shot at the playoffs. Will we continue to be snake-bitten with more injuries? Let's hope not. My fantasy would be to win out and beat NE in the SB. That would be such a great story and vindication. Go Falcons!!!

Atlantafan21 likes this

We are also only 1 win or loss behind the other teams contending for a wild card spot except for Carolina. If you look at the schedules of those teams they all have multiple games that they are likely to lose. Anything can happen.

Falconsfan567 and Drew4719 like this

7 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Its funny you guys hate, yet the ones that know its a lost season and are still watching are the true fans. Lets see if yall keep watching when you realize its over, DOUBT IT!

I watch win or lose. I was born the year this franchise started, and will always be a fan, but don't act like there aren't scars from 52 years of not winning The Big One..

It's not that I don't care if they win or not.  It's that I care too much.