TRUju2111

Is everyone ready for the emotional aftermath of sunday?

121 posts in this topic

Some of us have checked out and realized its a lost season, however if we win we are not in bad shape going forward. Are those who who have checked out ready to check back in knowing it will mostly still not end well?

Those that believe we are going to win and have a legit playoff chance, are you ready to finally realize that this is a lost season if we lose, even if we beat the browns the following week?

Edited by TRUju2111
Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

6 minutes ago, kschreck said:

I'm just going to enjoy football without expectations. 

If we win great, if we lose...road games are tough in the NFL and it what it is.

I been that way for about 8 years give or take

kschreck likes this

9 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I'm still in until we lose our 7th game.  At that point/If we get to that point, i'll be looking/checking fantasy scores...............Who am I kidding i'll still be watching our games and getting PO'd when things don't go our way lol!!!

I'm right there with you minus the fantasy stuff.

I hate this defeatist attitude some people have around here. Things happen in the NFL and we are right there with everybody.  

I'm going to watch the game and be entertained if the Falcons win and maybe a little less entertained if they lose.  Next week I will do the same with the Browns game.  After that the same with the Cowboys game.  Then after the 16th game, we'll see where they are at.  It's quite possible we will know the outcome of the season before that 16th game.  That happens.

It's not that serious.

If you get emotional after a football game in week 9, you got some issues beyond this team. I was emotional after the SB loss but that’s a big deal. NFL is for entertainment, take a break if it makes you emotional and miserable.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

Some of us have checked out and realized its a lost season, however if we win we are not in bad shape going forward. Are those who who have checked out ready to check back in knowing it will mostly still not end well?

Those that believe we are going to win and have a legit playoff chance, are you ready to finally realize that this is a lost season if we lose, even if we beat the browns the following week?

How exactly are you checking back in if you still “know it won’t end well”?  

Its like you’re just standing in the doorway.. you born in a barn?

rugger8 likes this

Don't get too emotionally vested on the team anymore, I'm a grown man with a family and one smile from my baby girl means more to me than one thousand Falcon's victories on sunday.

If the bad guys win this week, tough ****. I've seen it before and I'll see it again many times. I'll still tune in to watch my favorite show and hope the good guys can turn it around the following week.

The wins and losses don't affect me as much since I'm not as financially invested in the team as I used to be.  I still buy gear but not spending entire Sundays going to several games a year. 

If/when the Falcons get eliminated, I will look towards the draft.  The one thing that is not acceptable though, is the Saints winning another championship. 

NashvilleFalcon01 and rugger8 like this

1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

See, this is what's wrong with this fan base --- you "check in" when they're winning, and you "check out" when they're losing.  Really?!?!?!  Either you're a fan, or you're not! 
I've been a Falcons fan since their inception in 1966, and I remember how enthused I was, and how fortunate I felt, to finally have an NFL team in our city!  I'm sad when they lose, and I'm giddy when they WIN!!!  And, it'll be that way 'til my toes are turned up!  Just who I am --- but you can do whatever you feel like doing. 
I'm checked in, and always will be, 'til the bitter end!!!  

The Daywalker likes this

5 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

See, this is what's wrong with this fan base --- you "check in" when they're winning, and you "check out" when they're losing.  Really?!?!?!  Either you're a fan, or you're not! 
I've been a Falcons fan since their inception in 1966, and I remember how enthused I was, and how fortunate I felt, to finally have an NFL team in our city!  I'm sad when they lose, and I'm giddy when they WIN!!!  And, it'll be that way 'til my toes are turned up!  Just who I am --- but you can do whatever you feel like doing. 
I'm checked in, and always will be, 'til the bitter end!!!  

Its funny you guys hate, yet the ones that know its a lost season and are still watching are the true fans. Lets see if yall keep watching when you realize its over, DOUBT IT!

12 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I didn’t realize how many psychologists we had on the board

True, but when you consider the psychotics still out-number them by a ratio of at least 10,000 to 1, you realize there's still a tragic shortage of professional mental health practitioners up in here. :ninja::lol:

I live in the NOVA/DC area and the local sports radio shows on 106.7 The Fan is really worried about this game.

Most of their pundits are picking the Falcons...they nhave more confidence in us than I do.

The one caveat is that they mentioned, is our poor play outdoors on the road could save them. I agree with their point, but I still hope we pull this out.

PokerSteve likes this

Falcons are 3-4.  They can't lose more than 6 and have ANY expectations of making the playoffs (two games behind Panthers and three behind Saints and play both those teams on the road next).  That would require us going 7-2 down the stretch with only 3 home games left.

Anyone w/ expectations of this team making the playoffs with so many missing defensive players and now offensive line - is hoping against hope.   

I am not trying to kill anyone's hope - but if you EXPECT this team to make the playoffs - you will likely be upset.

It is what it is 

PokerSteve and Bigbenright like this