Our best football may still be ahead of us

I certainly hope so. 

In both 2016 and 2017, the defense played the first half of the season at about the same level its playing now. 

In both 2016 and 2017, the defense played the second half of the season at a much much higher level.....average in 2016, Top ~10 in 2017. 

It'd be nice to see this group bump up a bit even toward a bit below average. 

Playing the rest of the season at a level commensurate with a defensive DVOA rank of ~20 or so would make this team a viable playoff contender. 

3 minutes ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

The 2016 and 2017 season is a better reflection since Quinn and staff had the type of players they wanted. 

I agree. But also we didn't have the kind of adversity we have now. Hope you're right brother, I'll remain hopeful but it's a tough tough stretch.

Remaining home games: DAL, BAL, ARZ

Gotta win all three. No excuses. 

Remaining road games: WAS, CLE, GB, NO, CAR, TB

Anything better than 3-3 would be great and likely enough to make the playoffs. 

But until i see this Offense score points on the road anything close to how it has at home, I'm skeptical. 

But until i see this Offense score points on the road anything close to how it has at home, I'm skeptical. 

5 hours ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

If we win our next 3 we back in it.

14 hours ago, high impact said:

Dang I missed something. Does Ryan play all 22 starting positions now? Plus special teams?

Let me interpret: when Ryan isn't playing lights out, MVP style ball, we lose. See Pitt and Philly. And sometimes even when he is, we lose. See Cinco and NO. He hasn't played as lights out on the road.

There. Fixed.

15 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Let me interpret: when Ryan isn't playing lights out, MVP style ball, we lose.

When our OL isn't blocking, Ryan can't play lights out, MVP style ball.  When the other team has a good DL, our OL isn't blocking.  The Redskins have a good DL.  So when we play the Redskins .... they are a 2.5 point favorite.

21 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

It depends on the subject

My bad I was talking about football but I can think of your answer based on the response. I’m not as in depth about it in the football realm but it’s based off of the Parentho principle where the 20% percent affects the 80%. But basically the 20% in this case is Dan Quinn. He is the constant in a 2nd half ascent from the defense.