Followers 0
Atl Falcon

D. Jones tests broken foot

56 posts in this topic

Falcons linebacker Deion Jones tests broken foot

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 1, 2018, 6:18 AM EDT
gettyimages-888028102-e1541067511734.jpg
Getty Images

The first half of the Falcons season has been highlighted by the players they’ve lost. Wednesday, the got a glimpse of one that might be coming back.

Via D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Pro Bowl linebacker Deion Jones tested his broken foot during practice, working on the side with the team’s athletic training staff.

Jones broke his foot in the opener, and has missed six games, which means he’s at least two weeks away from a return. But he’d provide a boost to a defense that was shell-shocked in the first three weeks, when he and starting safeties Ricardo Allen and Keanu Neal went to IR.

The Falcons are expected to use their other designated for return spot on running back Devonta Freeman, who is out following core muscle surgery.

A player can start practicing after six weeks, which triggers a three-week window to activate him. Jones apparently isn’t ready for that much work load, but being back on his feet is a positive step. In addition to his own play, he’d help the entire defense as he’s the signal-caller, and that job has been split among a few players early this year.

sdogg, Ergo Proxy and Emmitt like this

If we can get Deion back and he is really good to go and Kazee keeps improving and we can get someone to play at least at an average level at strong safety, I really think we can make a push.  There are a lot of if's, but everyone should have hope.  The offense is running well, if we can get our Oline to play a little better and the Dline is finally healthy, we can make some noise.

RiseUpFalcs, Monolith2001 and Vandy like this

2 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Falcons need to win the next two without him or else the season is over imo 

I think for a wild card this year we have to be at least 10 - 6.  I don't think 9 - 7 will get us in.  We have Green Bay and the Aint's in a few weeks, but if the offense can clean up the mistakes and the defense can just improve a little, I think we have a legit shot at making the playoffs.  We need to win one of those two road games, but both will be tough.  The next two weeks and how this team responds I think will tell us before the Thanksgiving game.  If we drop either of the games against the Redskins or Browns, then we have no business thinking about playoffs.

22 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Yeah, I highly doubt he's 100%. Please don't rush this kid.

NFL players are not "KIDS", they are grown men.  Because someone is younger than you doesn't make them a "KID".   Kids write to Santa, and go to school.  

5 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

NFL players are not "KIDS", they are grown men.  Because someone is younger than you doesn't make them a "KID".   Kids write to Santa, and go to school.  

Lol, of all the things to reply about concerning this thread, you chose that? Relax kid....

Just now, E. T. said:

Lol, of all the things to reply about concerning this thread, you chose that? Relax kid....

Look up the definition of "KID"

15 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

There's no need to look up anything. I'm well educated enough to know what that word means and to know you're being a thread killer for the OP. You're agenda here is way off topic and there's no need entertaining it. For the record, "kid" is a term also used for "young man". 

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I get the feeling he’s not ahead of schedule.

Agreed

Even if plays in the Dallas game, his play  count will probably be very limited. He's not even ready to begin practicing.

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

He is right on schedule, NFL mandates player can’t practice before 6 games, after placing him on IR. He couldn’t have practiced before anyways. 

DQ was saying he saw speed that he used to seeing in Debo. Now they have to evaluate whether or not what he is doing is pain-free. If that is the case they can start looking at change of direction and his quickness.

I am sure they will be cautious but I am optimistic that he will be ready to go soon

49 minutes ago, E. T. said:

There's no need to look up anything. I'm well educated enough to know what that word means and to know you're being a thread killer for the OP. You're agenda here is way off topic and there's no need entertaining it. For the record, "kid" is a term also used for "young man". 

Someone needs a fruit cup and a nap...lol

3 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Ya the part about apparently Jones is ready for much work really worries

1 hour ago, HMFIC said:

Poor kid, it looks like you need a nap.

Does anyone know what type of fracture he has in his foot?

3 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Falcons need to win the next two without him or else the season is over imo 

More like next one. If we lose vs Skins we are done.

1 hour ago, Falcons_own_nfc_south said:

Last year, We beat most of the team in the wild card chase. We have to beat Skiins, Dallas, GB, Panthers etc... otherwise, It's going to be a tough road ahead. 

Beat SKINS!  One game at a time.

Falcons fans here should know how any given sunday or any given quarter of game our Falcons can be given tough dose of reality check.