Unknøwn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

Just now, Dawggone said:

Soooo.....you guys reckon Kirby will name that DC by the G-day game or what

Who knows?   Given that Elam is the only big name target left and he knows who his DB coach is, I am not sure there is any urgency for Kirby.

The DC or Co-DC hires are gonna be in-house most likely - if he is only gonna name one of Lanning/Schumann maybe he wants to leave it open until other top staffs are filled.   For example, say Lanning is who Kirbster has slated  right now but someone comes calling for Schumann- he could change tactics and name both - but if he names Lanning now and someone comes offering Schumann the DC - maybe he bolts.    I may be overthinking it but it’s at least somewhat plausible advantage to not naming one now if both know they are being considered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Hoke has accepted the DC job at Maryland. Hoke spent time as DC for Spurrier at Florida and South Carolina. 

Briles is making $1M per year at FSU. Boosters are covering $800K of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, g-dawg said:

The DC or Co-DC hires are gonna be in-house most likely - if he is only gonna name one of Lanning/Schumann maybe he wants to leave it open until other top staffs are filled.   For example, say Lanning is who Kirbster has slated  right now but someone comes calling for Schumann- he could change tactics and name both - but if he names Lanning now and someone comes offering Schumann the DC - maybe he bolts.    I may be overthinking it but it’s at least somewhat plausible advantage to not naming one now if both know they are being considered.

Not something I'd considered, but pretty slick if so. I'm still personally of the mind that it seems like Schumann should be at the top of the list if we're hiring internally... still confusing to hear the chatter that Lanning is more likely. Either way, I agree it doesn't seem to be that critical at this juncture.

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Not something I'd considered, but pretty slick if so. I'm still personally of the mind that it seems like Schumann should be at the top of the list if we're hiring internally... still confusing to hear the chatter that Lanning is more likely. Either way, I agree it doesn't seem to be that critical at this juncture.

I'd love for them to share the title and game planning, along with Kirby.  Seems like most of the calls are based off the game plan anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just want us to be aggressive. Want the DL to stop any offense on 3rd and 1 when we know they are running up the guy and they do- play press man at the cb position, and free up the olb to kill qbs and mlb’s to go after heads on passing downs. Aside from that be fine if they name Rambo the dc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long an short imo, Clemson will 3 peat if Laurence isn’t hit early , often and all game long, may end up being vulnerable at times but now way around that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hugh Freeze got a nice present. Liberty announced a $25M football facility that begins construction immediately. Will be 65,000 square feet and include a players lounge and recruiting room. Liberty committed $1 billion to campus transformation when they decided to move up to FBS and major levels of athletics across the board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Hugh Freeze got a nice present. Liberty announced a $25M football facility that begins construction immediately. Will be 65,000 square feet and include a players lounge and recruiting room. Liberty committed $1 billion to campus transformation when they decided to move up to FBS and major levels of athletics across the board. 

Massage parlor included?

RandomFan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Hugh Freeze got a nice present. Liberty announced a $25M football facility that begins construction immediately. Will be 65,000 square feet and include a players lounge and recruiting room. Liberty committed $1 billion to campus transformation when they decided to move up to FBS and major levels of athletics across the board. 

Too bad it's still Liberty.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Nereek said:

I guess kirby is pulling a dan Quinn and being DC himself?

It’s Kirby’s defense so he will always be heavily involved.  The DC hire will be internal so it will only be announced at a time where CKS deems strategically best.   I am sure their are recruiting and/or coach-poaching reasons for the DC hire not being announced yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Long an short imo, Clemson will 3 peat if Laurence isn’t hit early , often and all game long, may end up being vulnerable at times but now way around that 

As good as Lawrence is, Clemson losing a ton on defense.  I will never question Venables (best DC in CFB) but two-peat isn’t likely.  Lawrence won’t play four years as he likely be #1 pick in 2021 NFL Draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Speaking of the Patriots. Rumblings that Greg Schiano is a strong contender to be their next DC.

Hmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Has he been coaching anywhere? 

No, hes trying to launch his coaching career. He reportedly has an offer to be the DB coach there. He also interviewed with the Redskins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now