Unknøwn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

Colorado State will keep Bobo

Kendal Briles is a top target for Texas State

Media in Alabama is saying boosters and school officials are pushing to get Malzahn out. The report claims those officials have even met with their top target to gauge his interest.

Tyson Helton has agreed to a deal with Western Kentucky. 

Hugh Freeze is a candidate to replace Helton at Tennessee. 

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

3 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

Please be true. 

3 hours ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I can’t imagine why you want that to happen so much.  Lol

Unless he's an NC State fan? :lol:

42 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Colorado State will keep Bobo

Kendal Briles is a top target for Texas State

Media in Alabama is saying boosters and school officials are pushing to get Malzahn out. The report claims those officials have even met with their top target to gauge his interest.

Tyson Helton has agreed to a deal with Western Kentucky. 

Hugh Freeze is a candidate to replace Helton at Tennessee. 

Or Hugh Freeze to Auburn 

19 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Or Hugh Freeze to Auburn 

We'll see how the SEC feels. Greg Sankey basically blocked Alabama from hiring Freeze. Some time has passed so they could be more open now.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

We'll see how the SEC feels. Greg Sankey basically blocked Alabama from hiring Freeze. Some time has passed so they could be more open now.

Yep. That’s the caveat. 

38 minutes ago, Carter said:

So Bob Stoops sounds interested in the Auburn job lol

Stoops is probably the man the boosters and others reached out to. For what it's worth he emphatically denied he has any interest in Auburn. He called reports linking him to Auburn "ridiculous". I'm confident they called him but I dont think hes interested and hes probably mad someone leaked the call.

41 minutes ago, Carter said:

So Bob Stoops sounds interested in the Auburn job lol

At this point, I kinda feel like any and every post referring to Auburn possibly having a HC job available should automatically be followed by "lol"

fibonaccisquared, g-dawg and Carter like this

31 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Stoops is probably the man the boosters and others reached out to. For what it's worth he emphatically denied he has any interest in Auburn. He called reports linking him to Auburn "ridiculous". I'm confident they called him but I dont think hes interested and hes probably mad someone leaked the call.

auburn guys are saying it's pure crap.. that the rumors of boosters meeting with bob is completely false.. just more nonsense. 

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

it was earlier this year when they were blocked and i don't see the sec changing their stance in under what 8 months.  if they blocked saban from hiring him they sure as heck won't let auburn or tennessee.  

i love mack brown and i am so happy he is back in coaching.. he did a terrific job in his first stint at north carolina. 

40 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

If I were in his position, I would deny it regardless and call it unfounded speculation too. It’s no guarantee that Auburn will actually pull the trigger on that massive buyout... and until they do, even if I want the job and have told Auburn I’m interested, speculation or leaks about a coaching change only hurts recruiting. Moreso if I confirm the rumors even a little bit.

I very much doubt that Auburn is willing enough to give control of the program over to actually land someone like Stoops anyway. 

Auburn would be stupid to not do whatever it takes to land a guy like Bob Stoops. But Auburn is stupid so it will never happen.

Also, wonder if Colorado is going to fire their coach. Gotta think starting the season 5-0 and then losing 7 straight to finish at 5-7 ain't gonna sit well, especially when there were no major injuries to use as an excuse.

On 11/5/2018 at 9:49 AM, SacFalcFan said:

basically the President caved into pressure and it makes Maryland look even worse than before if that is even possible.  shows them as being weak.  the President should have stuck with keeping Durkin or not reinstate him and fire him in the first place. 

Actually, the President never wanted to bring him back in the first place. The only reason the President agreed to it was because his job was threatened and he didn't want to get fired and lose his retirement which is set to take place next year when he retires.

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Auburn would be stupid to not do whatever it takes to land a guy like Bob Stoops. But Auburn is stupid so it will never happen.

Also, wonder if Colorado is going to fire their coach. Gotta think starting the season 5-0 and then losing 7 straight to finish at 5-7 ain't gonna sit well, especially when there were no major injuries to use as an excuse.

Unknown reported a couple pages back that Colorado had fired him. 

The Stoops thing is just a few boosters I believe. It wasnt the AD or anything so thats probably where it's getting murky. I believe a few people reached out in an effort to push the issue. They could pitch the idea of firing Gus better if they had Stoops to pitch as a replacement, someone to get others excited. I think they failed and now the media has the story.

There were some reports Mack Brown was going to try and get Kingsbury and Chizik to come with him to UNC. I dont see that, Kingsbury will have better offers and Chizik already was DC at UNC for 2 seasons before leaving to be closer to his family. I'm not sold Chizik wants to coach again.

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Actually, the President never wanted to bring him back in the first place. The only reason the President agreed to it was because his job was threatened and he didn't want to get fired and lose his retirement which is set to take place next year when he retires.

so he brought him back only to fire him to save his retirement..  threatened by who?  you have a link showing all of this?  I would love to read it. 

Jeff Brohm and Louisville have hit an obstacle. Brohm wants plenty of years and money so he can be sure he gets the time he needs to rebuild the roster.  Both sides are trying to find their comfort level, if they can. Brohm could very well just stay at Purdue and continue building there. 

Maryland is waiting till after Saturday's SEC title game. Mike Locksley is their first choice and hes refused interviews until after the UGA game. Locksley was the interim HC there before Durkin was hired. He went 1-5 and has a 3-31 career record between New Mexico and Maryland.

15 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Stoops isn't going to a state where he would be 2nd banana - also, right now he loves to brag about beating SEC schools and beating Bama/Auburn in bowl games.  

Would be a great hire for Auburn if they could pull it off but I don't see it for Stoops.

21 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

UNC board will have an "emergency teleconference" tomorrow morning. Belief is it will be to approve a contract for Mack Brown.

I know its a basketball school but do they HATE their football program?  

36 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

I know its a basketball school but do they HATE their football program?  

If I were UNC fan, I would much rather have seen them go and get Miles.  Mack has been out of coaching for 5 years and UNC doesn't sell itself (to a football player), like Texas did.

Edited by Turkeydawg