Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,310 posts in this topic

Coley’s name being thrown out there by Rapoport was just strange. I didn’t see Coley talked about anywhere else as a real target, only that one tweet.

I live just outside Dallas btw. Coley was never mentioned here outside the context of that tweet.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Coley’s name being thrown out there by Rapoport was just strange. I didn’t see Coley talked about anywhere else as a real target, only that one tweet.

I live just outside Dallas btw. Coley was never mentioned here outside the context of that tweet.

yep it made zero sense.. 

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Wonder what that means for Panunzio.

Some speculation he may be moving back off field.

Les is having a tough time finding a new OC. He has locked in on Cincy OC Mike Denbrock but he withdrew on Friday.  Miles lost his original hire, Chip Lindsey, to Troy.

32 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Les is having a tough time finding a new OC. He has locked in on Cincy OC Mike Denbrock but he withdrew on Friday.  Miles lost his original hire, Chip Lindsey, to Troy.

Waiting for the tweet saying Coley is a candidate. 

Porter Osborne Jr and RxDawg like this

If Schumann is not made Co-DC, and it appears the current thought is Lanning will be lone DC - does this make UGA susceptible to having Schumann poached from a rival team? Are there other titles and monies that can satisfy him? Will Schumann feel passed over?

@SacFalcFan

@VA F.O.

@Carter

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

If Schumann is not made Co-DC, and it appears the current thought is Lanning will be lone DC - does this make UGA susceptible to having Schumann poached from a rival team? Are there other titles and monies that can satisfy him? Will Schumann feel passed over?

@SacFalcFan

@VA F.O.

@Carter

Everything I keep seeing has them either sharing the dc title, or if one gets it lone, then the other will get a new title/pay raise.

g-dawg likes this

36 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Everything I keep seeing has them either sharing the dc title, or if one gets it lone, then the other will get a new title/pay raise.

Hope it’s “Co-DC” because anything less would seem a slight to me - even with a nice raise.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

@SacFalcFan

@VA F.O.

@Carter

No way of knowing exactly how it will be finalized. Kirby has threatened people’s jobs if info gets leaked out and he has put out misleading info just to see who is leaking.

I really don’t know how it will work out between Lanning and Schumann. Schumann has basically had co-DC duties going back to his time at Bama, has been a part of game planning every season he has been at UGA. There are probably very few people who will get the kind of leeway Tucker did as far as Kirby micromanaging everything anyway. 

Torrian Gray back to UF after a short stint with the Skins. Pretty good recovery for them in all honesty after UGA poached Warren. Many trying to say they upgraded. Not sure I'd agree with that, but certainly not a big step back either. He said the move was to get closer to family/home last time and then left after a year... will be interesting to see if it sticks this time or not.

AutumnEffect likes this

3 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

:slick:

smart hire.....trying to stop the UGA momentum w/ IMG and jump in.   this hire probably 80% about recruiting - as most hires are.

19 minutes ago, Carter said:

Ugh it doesn’t even seem that long ago watching him play with Ronnie Brown. Beasts.

hopefully Ronnie gets blown out in 2019 along with the rest of the AU coaching staff.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

hopefully Ronnie gets blown out in 2019 along with the rest of the AU coaching staff.

Ronnie Brown isn't on the coaching staff. He's the sideline reporter for the radio broadcasts.

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Ronnie Brown isn't on the coaching staff. He's the sideline reporter for the radio broadcasts.

Ok Cadillac.  I misspoke