Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, slickgadawg said:

the moment more of them think otherwise and care more about the " degree" the game is over... thats the IRONIC part about the " they get a degree" argument...

That's complete nonsense.   What you will see, is more kids staying 4 years.

Carter likes this

12 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

75 percent or more of these players THINK they going to the NFL because of the way the media and hype structures this... Its HARD to get them to think otherwise.  they could care less about a degree... the moment more of them think otherwise and care more about the " degree" the game is over... thats the IRONIC part about the " they get a degree" argument...

No it's not because they don't get the degree without football

sdogg likes this

The 1 year sit rule has been in place far longer than big money has been in football. 

There is a very simple way to transfer and keep playing immediately if you just got beat out for a job and want to play somewhere else for NFL exposure... go to an FCS school. Tons of players have been drafted from FCS schools, even in the first round. 

16 minutes ago, Carter said:

The 1 year sit rule has been in place far longer than big money has been in football. 

There is a very simple way to transfer and keep playing immediately if you just got beat out for a job and want to play somewhere else for NFL exposure... go to an FCS school. Tons of players have been drafted from FCS schools, even in the first round. 

GREAT post. I wasn't aware of that.  Problem solved.  If you have the talent you WILL get noticed.  I can get off MY soapbox now.  If you wanna play then go to a school that doesn't have the rule.  Didn't Isiah Crowell go this route even though it wasn't purely by choice?  

Edited by slickgadawg
sdogg likes this

49 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

And all of them stop playing football those coaches don’t exist ..it’s back to being a PE teacher for half a day and a social studies teacher for the other half 

Are you fricking kidding me?  Most d1 college coaches grind their ***** off and would most likely be pretty successful in another field that they chose with work ethic.   Not to mention their salesman mentality.  We’re not talking about Coach Jones the middle school PE teacher here.

sdogg, Yo_Lover and youngbloodz like this

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Didn't Isiah Crowell go this route even though it wasn't purely by choice?

Yep. North Alabama if I remember correctly.

slickgadawg likes this

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yep. North Alabama if I remember correctly.

THAT was a excellent post you made. Seriously.  I looked it up.  Alabama State.  Didn't miss a beat and got drafted. Thank you for getting me off that soapbox...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg
Carter likes this

2 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

THAT was a excellent post you made. Seriously.  I looked it up.  Alabama State.  Didn't miss a beat and got drafted. Thank you for getting me off that soapbox...:lol:

Yeah, Alabama State... I knew it was in Alabama lol. I think FCS level is getting more and more attention every year too and they have a true playoff for their postseason format so if say a player like Justin Fields or even Tate Martell went to a FCS contender and took them on playoff runs and championships, they would 100% get plenty of attention. Joe Flacco followed that path. Carson Wentz was also FCS.

I think they can even transfer back to a FBS school after one year if they really want to. I might be wrong about that and it’s only for JUCO transfers... can’t bother to look it up at the moment.

slickgadawg and sdogg like this

16 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yeah, Alabama State... I knew it was in Alabama lol. I think FCS level is getting more and more attention every year too and they have a true playoff for their postseason format so if say a player like Justin Fields or even Tate Martell went to a FCS contender and took them on playoff runs and championships, they would 100% get plenty of attention. Joe Flacco followed that path. Carson Wentz was also FCS.

I think they can even transfer back to a FBS school after one year if they really want to. I might be wrong about that and it’s only for JUCO transfers... can’t bother to look it up at the moment.

You on to something there.  I wasn't aware Flacco and Wentz were FCS either.  I knew Flacco went to school in Delaware but it got past me that its FCS football.  If you truly love football and wanna play go to the FCS school, AT LEAST for one year and if you can transfer back up to FBS level then do it.  For instance,  Jacob Eason could have tape right now for his junior year at a FCS school instead of riding the bench like he did and is now counting on his senior year to get tape.  This changes my WHOLE thinking on this situation,  Justin included. 

Look, i still think the FBS rules are not fair..........BUT........... you showed the loophole these players can go thru and STILL have the exposure to get to the NFL.   The way the game is played now with passing the ball being emphasized at every level over running the ball, the NFL IS NOT gonna look at a FCS quarterback as being inferior.  Your point about Flacco and Wentz proved that...

FORGET THE WORD LOOPHOLE, you showed the remedy...

LATE EDIT: YEP.  Looked it up. Eason could've went to Eastern Washington;

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/teamstats.asp?report=teamhome&team=0113

Edited by slickgadawg
Carter and m2Falcons like this

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

You on to something there.  I wasn't aware Flacco and Wentz were FCS either.  I knew Flacco went to school in Delaware but it got past me that its FCS football.  If you truly love football and wanna play go to the FCS school, AT LEAST for one year and if you can transfer back up to FBS level then do it.  For instance,  Jacob Eason could have tape right now for his junior year at a FCS school instead of riding the bench like he did and is now counting on his senior year to get tape.  This changes my WHOLE thinking on this situation,  Justin included. 

Look, i still think the FBS rules are not fair..........BUT........... you showed the loophole these players can go thru and STILL have the exposure to get to the NFL.   The way the game is played now with passing the ball being emphasized at every level over running the ball, the NFL IS NOT gonna look at a FCS quarterback as being inferior.  Your point about Flacco and Wentz proved that...

FORGET THE WORD LOOPHOLE, you showed the remedy...

LATE EDIT: YEP.  Looked it up. Eason could've went to Eastern Washington;

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/teamstats.asp?report=teamhome&team=0113

Eason can count 2018 as a redshirt year and still have 2 years of eligibility for 2019 and 2020. He will probably be one and done at this point if he has a successful season. I don’t see how he’s not a #1 overall pick if he plays well and that would be the case no matter where he played, short of being in a triple option lol

slickgadawg likes this

31 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Coaching news?

MM as db coach? 

Sounds like Rusty still thinks we will promote Lanning/Schumann as co-dc's.

Edited by Turkeydawg

13 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

MM as db coach? 

Sounds like Rusty still thinks we will promote Lanning/Schumann as co-dc's.

Need more of this and less of the other.   Rusty say anything else.

Yea no way getting around it. Losing a coach Mullen wanted to keep to rival and right before NSD with one of our biggest targets at his coaching position was leaning our way is tough

Mutts opened wallet and UF either chose not to match or Warren didn't give Mullen/Strickland chance to keep him

*** Gator fans are going crazy right now.. love it. 

Just now, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Isn’t he the guy they said had no interest in the job?  Lol if so.

yep.. it was leaked and he said nah.. lol  

1 hour ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I hope this helps with Elam.

yep it does a ton.

9 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Yea no way getting around it. Losing a coach Mullen wanted to keep to rival and right before NSD with one of our biggest targets at his coaching position was leaning our way is tough

Mutts opened wallet and UF either chose not to match or Warren didn't give Mullen/Strickland chance to keep him

*** Gator fans are going crazy right now.. love it. 

Link please?