Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, richham said:

Big difference with coaches is that they put in the work and earned that ability to move around as they choose. Most of these guys were graduate assistants, high school coaches making peanuts and worked their way through the ranks. I’m all for kids having the ability to choose and go where they want, but there is a huge difference in that the coaches put in the time, the no pay, the grunt work that gets zero glory or pats on the back to work their way up. They are loyal to the job, not a school, so that is a fair critique.

Yep

26 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Do you believe Kair Elam, in Athens right now, knows who his DB Coach will be if he signs with Dawgs?

@Carter

@SacFalcFan

@VA F.O.

It has been said by a couple guys with access in Butts Mehre that recruits will know exactly what the situation is. :shrug:

g-dawg likes this

26 minutes ago, Carter said:

It has been said by a couple guys with access in Butts Mehre that recruits will know exactly what the situation is. :shrug:

I am sure so but would be nice if it was a pending hire where the DB coach was in Athens and announced on Monday/Tuesday.  I hope that is the message rather than giving recruits a Plan A, Plan B or Plan C.

45 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Less than most of the coaches,

are the coaches out there blocking and tackling?

6 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

are the coaches out there blocking and tackling?

Have most of the coaches already done that when they were playing?  

10 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Have most of the coaches already done that when they were playing?  

not necessarily and if they did so what?  the players are the game...

4 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Whenever I hear this talk, it makes me laugh.  If it's so unfair to the players, maybe they should look at another means of advancement.  Less than 2% will make the pro's, the remainder have an opportunity to make a good life for themselves by earning a degree.  I don't feel sorry for them.  This is real life.  

What's next, complaints about high school kids making their head coaches in excess of 100k a year?

sdogg likes this

12 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Yup, the players have made everyone and the universities rich. Without them their isn’t any game.

slickgadawg likes this

1 minute ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Yup, the players have made everyone and the universities rich. Without them their isn’t any game.

Its mutually beneficial.  How many of those players are getting an all expense paid education otherwise?  Or an education period?

sdogg likes this

15 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

You’re seriously underselling how much coaches are a part of the game.  I’m also pretty sure at this point that you have very little idea of the time coaches put into their job.

sdogg, Carter, 95Dawg and 2 others like this

14 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

And without the coaches there are no games like we know them.  It’s like a corporation to me and the coaches are upper and middle management.

Edited by Porter Osborne Jr
sdogg likes this

5 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

this...

1 minute ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

And without the coaches there are games like we know them.  It’s like a corporation to me and the coaches are upper and middle management.

Yep.

Can we make a new thread for this argument?  It’s interesting topic but let’s don’t gum up the coaching rumors thread with this.  Not throwing shade at anyone, let’s just take it outside! 

16 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Its mutually beneficial.  How many of those players are getting an all expense paid education otherwise?  Or an education period?

Miss me with the full expense education argument ..same players can say **** college and pick up a skill and make more money than a lot of degrees..don’t know if you looked at the economy lately..but jobs are paying people with degrees 10 bucks a hour my man. Imagine wasting time getting a degree and getting paid that when a person can get certain certs in a couple months and make 6 figures within in that same year

5 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Miss me with the full expense education argument ..same players can say **** college and pick up a skill and make more money than a lot of degrees..don’t know if you looked at the economy lately..but jobs are paying people with degrees 10 bucks a hour my man. Imagine wasting time getting a degree and getting paid that when a person can get certain certs in a couple months and make 6 figures within in that same year

only 27 percent of college graduates have a gig related to their major. I have a friend I grew up with that liked to brag about his business degree.  He drives a truck for coca cola...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/05/20/only-27-percent-of-college-grads-have-a-job-related-to-their-major/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2442b10b55d9

Edited by slickgadawg

25 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

40 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Without the coaches there's no game. It goes both ways.

Porter Osborne Jr, 95Dawg and sdogg like this

20 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Nobody is forcing them to play football.  

sdogg likes this

16 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Nobody is forcing them to play football.  

And all of them stop playing football those coaches don’t exist ..it’s back to being a PE teacher for half a day and a social studies teacher for the other half 

slickgadawg and Billy Ocean like this

6 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

And all of them stop playing football those coaches don’t exist ..it’s back to being a PE teacher for half a day and a social studies teacher for the other half 

Yeah, and if all workers who build cars stop working, then we'll all be riding bikes.  What's your point?  These kids are getting a sweet deal, I have no sympathy for the fact that they are not being paid and their coaches are.

sdogg likes this

44 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

only 27 percent of college graduates have a gig related to their major. I have a friend I grew up with that liked to brag about his business degree.  He drives a truck for coca cola...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/05/20/only-27-percent-of-college-grads-have-a-job-related-to-their-major/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2442b10b55d9

That's nice and all, but if 2 people walk into a corporate office for an interview, the one with the degree is going to be the candidate most likely to get the job.  

16 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

75 percent or more of these players THINK they going to the NFL because of the way the media and hype structures this... Its HARD to get them to think otherwise.  they could care less about a degree... the moment more of them think otherwise and care more about the " degree" the game is over... thats the IRONIC part about the " they get a degree" argument...

Edited by slickgadawg
Macknsweetjones likes this