Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if anyone had been hearing or had any reasoning as to why

I legitimately don't get it

3 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

Just be glad you don’t get yelled down by 20 people saying “trust the coaches!” and liking each other’s useless comments repeating the same crap when you question it...

Not that I would know anything about that. :ninja:

VA F.O. likes this

15 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

you don't get what?  

6 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

you don't get what?  

Why Lanning is the supposed choice for DC over Schumann

14 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Why Lanning is the supposed choice for DC over Schumann

gotcha.. it just sounds like kirby is impressed with lanning and feels he would do a better job at handling the defense.  if what is being said is accurate, but i still think it's going to be schumann/lanning as codcs and they will work out the play caller from there. jmo the fact that kirby is only interviewing dbs coaches instead of dangling the dc title means his decision is made. 

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

gotcha.. it just sounds like kirby is impressed with lanning and feels he would do a better job at handling the defense.  if what is being said is accurate, but i still think it's going to be schumann/lanning as codcs and they will work out the play caller from there. jmo the fact that kirby is only interviewing dbs coaches instead of dangling the dc title means his decision is made. 

Yeah, I was just looking for any reports or clarification as to why he may think that if so, seeing as Lanning has only 1yr in the system, while Schumann has 3 and has been Kirby's right hand man/gameplanning guy since Alabama

Just seems weird that he'd gain so much ground on Schumann in one season

Butch Jones has turned down Maryland and will take a role with Saban. 

Maryland has offered Tennessee assistant Charles Kelly its DC job.

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Bama insiders saying Tosh Lupoi has been let go from Saban’s staff.

Whoa. Guess this puts to rest those rumors of Kirby offering Lupoi only to have Saban give him a raise to keep him. :lol:

I said that in my bama thread about lupoi except the timeline was moved up.  Sounds like lupoi ticked off saban.

19 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Lupoi is the Browns new DL coach 

Shoots down the rumor that he was ever offered the DC position by Kirby last week. 

youngbloodz likes this

9 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Shoots down the rumor that he was ever offered the DC position by Kirby last week. 

Good thing cause as a DC he leaves a lot to be desired 

RandomFan likes this

Earlier reports said this would happen, and also that Kuligowski would also likely not be there for 2019 either

Anyone think we take a look at him or possibly Bo Davis once his ban is up in April?

or do we stick with Tray Scott?

5 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Earlier reports said this would happen, and also that Kuligowski would also likely not be there for 2019 either

Anyone think we take a look at him or possibly Bo Davis once his ban is up in April?

I’m pretty happy with Tray Scott’s coaching. Our DL has performed well since he came on. Jordan Davis. Recruiting could probably improve but I think we’re about to clean up with some DL in 2020.

g-dawg and VA F.O. like this

11 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

we stick with scott.. kuligowski is a heck of a coach, but a poor recruiter.  the reason saban kept him onboard was because as i pointed out in my thread he hired a buttload of recruiting first hires.  

From Americus regarding the coaching news supposedly dropping tomorrow:

The hire will garner news, but all I can say is CKS got who he wanted. Everyone can play Skip Bayless all they want, but again...... trust Kirby.
Whether you think it's a homerun or not will take time to distinguish. 

Many wondered "why Dell?" a few years back. 
It is fun watching this fanbase totally lose their minds over anything, just so it's something lol

Sounds like it won't be a splash hire like most people want. Maybe just a promotion for Rambo or hiring McGriff. One thing I definitely trust Kirby on is defensive coaching hires. 

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

The hire will garner news, but all I can say is CKS got who he wanted. Everyone can play Skip Bayless all they want, but again...... trust Kirby.

It is fun watching this fanbase totally lose their minds over anything, just so it's something lol

Sounds like it won't be a splash hire like most people want. Maybe just a promotion for Rambo or hiring McGriff. One thing I definitely trust Kirby on is defensive coaching hires. 

From the talk I’ve seen, I think McGriff would get the most meh response. Not much respect being given out on that one from what I can tell. I don’t really know much about him. I know Sac would be good with that hire. The “Skip Bayless” comment leads me to believe it’s probably McGriff if Americus does in fact know. Personally I’m hoping it’s Raymond, but I tend to agree on the defensive side regardless.

7 hours ago, RandomFan said:

If Americus knows and he made that comment, it’s 100% not Raymond as he he would be a huge splash hire.

I don’t know anything about McGriff, still wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Rambo.