Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,310 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

He’s been out of coaching for years.  I don’t think he’d be a very good hire at this point.

Yeah, I think that would be a bad hire.  

8 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Vols OC Tyson Helton is a favorite for the Western Kentucky job. Helton made his name there under Jeff Brohm. 

That'll make the Vols happy.

Texas Tech is expected to reach out to Dana Holgorsen. According to media in Texas, Mike Leach has made it known he'd like to talk with Tech officials about a comeback. Leach still seems eager to get out of Wazzu.

Dabo catching some flack for "ONLY" winning by 21 from some Clemson fans.

Dabo said:

“Just look around college football, there’s a lot of people that would love to have the program that we have here, I can tell you that. 12-0 ain’t good enough? Then it’s time for me to seek other places. Make sure you get that.”

On 11/25/2018 at 9:32 AM, CrimsonFalcon said:

Kingsbury reportedly out at Texas Tech. 

I fully expect them to change their entire philosophy on offense. 

Texas Tech bringing the Wishbone back. 

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Texas Tech bringing the Wishbone back. 

I was thinking maybe just a little more running.  I fully expect them to look at Mike Locksley.

1 hour ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Dabo catching some flack for "ONLY" winning by 21 from some Clemson fans.

Dabo said:

Wow that's a pretty bold statement to make. Same situation at Bama though. Fans just have unrealistic expectations and any taste of success only makes it worse. 

fibonaccisquared likes this

1 hour ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I was thinking maybe just a little more running.  I fully expect them to look at Mike Locksley.

Youd think but their AD was a linebacker. Has some people wondering if he might go for a defensive approach. He did hire Kingsbury though after inheriting Tuberville.

15 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Wow that's a pretty bold statement to make. Same situation at Bama though. Fans just have unrealistic expectations and any taste of success only makes it worse. 

Yeah, I thought it was a bit bold myself.  He wouldn't wouldn't leave without reason though and that's not a big enough reason.  If the AD refused to give him more money for facilities or recruiting...that would be another thing.

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

Youd think but their AD was a linebacker. Has some people wondering if he might go for a defensive approach. He did hire Kingsbury though after inheriting Tuberville.

Kingbury had a couple of things going for him.  He was a TT graduate and folkhero there and he was the hot name at the time.

Just now, CrimsonFalcon said:

Kingbury had a couple of things going for him.  He was a TT graduate and folkhero there and he was the hot name at the time.

Hes still a hot name just as an OC. Hes highly regarded in college and the NFL as a brilliant offensive mind.

42 minutes ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

He’s also the most handsome football coach I’ve ever seen. ;)

Falconsfan567 and mdrake34 like this

7 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Texas Tech is expected to reach out to Dana Holgorsen. According to media in Texas, Mike Leach has made it known he'd like to talk with Tech officials about a comeback. Leach still seems eager to get out of Wazzu.

Leach squashed that rumor.

”They didn’t pay me the last time and I’m happy here. They haven’t paid me for 2009 and we won 9 games.  They haven’t won 9 games since”.

fibonaccisquared likes this

5 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

No contract signed yet but Brown and UNC have a verbal agreement. They're just hammering out the final details.

Please be true. 

7 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

No contract signed yet but Brown and UNC have a verbal agreement. They're just hammering out the final details.

This seems insane... He's been how far removed from coaching? Not to mention the decline at Texas in his waning years... They still haven't recovered.