Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Lol, lots of fun right now, reading LSU fans' posts

So many of them are already playing down Raymond: 

not really that good of a coach 

not really responsible for LSU's DB recruiting

they'll be fine without him

already highest paid at his position in college football

Aranda brought in the safeties coach because he's a genius and he knew Raymond would leave

leaving will prove he's a traitor

etc lol

They are freaking delusional. 

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Where’s the pic?

I believe they were on Instagram but they aren't up anymore. Someone managed to get a screenshot though. They aren't really crazy or anything. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Lol, lots of fun right now, reading LSU fans' posts

So many of them are already playing down Raymond: 

not really that good of a coach 

not really responsible for LSU's DB recruiting

they'll be fine without him

already highest paid at his position in college football

Aranda brought in the safeties coach because he's a genius and he knew Raymond would leave

leaving will prove he's a traitor

etc lol

If they are saying all that, they must expect him to leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Unkn0wn said:

I believe they were on Instagram but they aren't up anymore. Someone managed to get a screenshot though.

 

Oh I thought it was pic with the three of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Oh I thought it was pic with the three of them.

No, just a picture of Raymond in LSU stuff they probably pulled from a google search lol. Campbell posted one with a fingers crossed emoji.

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sdogg said:

If they are saying all that, they must expect him to leave. 

The current word seems to be that LSU won't match our offer, and it will come down to Loyalty over money for Raymond

Oh sorry, I meant Loyalty over being a traitor lol

g-dawg, m2Falcons and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No confirmation yet, but Anthony Dasher on ugasports just said his sources are telling him Corey Raymond will stay at LSU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Carter said:

No confirmation yet, but Anthony Dasher on ugasports just said his sources are telling him Corey Raymond will stay at LSU.

Ugh!! 

95Dawg and Carter like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Carter said:

No confirmation yet, but Anthony Dasher on ugasports just said his sources are telling him Corey Raymond will stay at LSU.

Well the guy was grossly underpaid, so hopefully we helped get him paid.

The Great American likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Carter said:

No confirmation yet, but Anthony Dasher on ugasports just said his sources are telling him Corey Raymond will stay at LSU.

There was no offer.  Kirby still interviewing.  I find it interesting Kirby still hasn't decided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

There was no offer.  Kirby still interviewing.  I find it interesting Kirby still hasn't decided.

Yeah I just heard myself that Raymond left town without an offer.

Interesting indeed. Kirby has made solid hires for the most part so far. I’m inclined to just trust him with what he’s doing here, but honestly it’s a little troubling to follow. We’re not getting much info and the guys we do hear about all stay put or take a job elsewhere, to say nothing at all about who if anyone has actually been offered... the perception is that we keep getting turned down. 

Falconsin2012 and g-dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Either Kirby knew Raymond wouldn't leave LSU or he completely dropped the ball by not offering Raymond

Would have to go with the first idea.

youngbloodz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps Kirby just wants to be thorough and interview everyone on his list before deciding who to make an offer to. It's the smart thing to do, and if he explains it to everyone he interviews in a tactful manner then they shouldn't have a problem with it. If anything, you would think it would make them want to work even more for a boss that leaves no stone unturned in order to make the best decisions. 

And something I've suspected all offseason, I'd bet my bottom dollar Kirby is interviewing a lot of different candidates for different positions just so he can keep his portfolio of possible future coaches well stocked. He knows he's going to have to replace one coach after another with our continued success; it's a wise path to maintain a knowledgeable database of quality replacement coaches for when they are needed in the future.  

Turkeydawg and sdogg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Seems odd.   Maybe Raymond’s resume’ was great but the chemistry was off.

I’m grasping at straws.

That's possible too. Just strange. I wish I had some sources in Baton Rouge to get a good idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Raymond is only leaving LSU for a promotion, not a lateral move even for more money. Maybe Kirby was not trying to bring him on as DC?

If Kirby announces Lanning as DC or Lanning/Schumann as co-DC then I think it’s pretty clear that Kirby might prefer to bring his coordinators up from internal development for continuity purposes.

youngbloodz, g-dawg and ECDawg78 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carter said:

I think Raymond is only leaving LSU for a promotion, not a lateral move even for more money. Maybe Kirby was not trying to bring him on as DC?

If Kirby announces Lanning as DC or Lanning/Schumann as co-DC then I think it’s pretty clear that Kirby might prefer to bring his coordinators up from internal development for continuity purposes.

I don't believe Raymond was being looked at for the dc spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Carter said:

I think Raymond is only leaving LSU for a promotion, not a lateral move even for more money. Maybe Kirby was not trying to bring him on as DC?

If Kirby announces Lanning as DC or Lanning/Schumann as co-DC then I think it’s pretty clear that Kirby might prefer to bring his coordinators up from internal development for continuity purposes.

Could very well be true about Raymond 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now