Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

I would love to have Raymond for his DB coaching alone. But to have the opportunity to potentially get some of those top Louisiana recruits that seem so hard for anybody to land would be Yuge!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

There's a serious dearth of top TE talent in next year's class, and with us needing to reload badly, Hartley would hopefully give us at least a puncher's chance at flipping Dominic Mammarelli from Miami

Arik Gilbert is no slouch. He'll obviously be our #1 TE target. 

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Arik Gilbert is no slouch. He'll obviously be our #1 TE target. 

if he truly ends up playing TE

Also we need more than one next year for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

There's a serious dearth of top TE talent in next year's class, and with us needing to reload badly, Hartley would hopefully give us at least a puncher's chance at flipping Dominic Mammarelli from Miami

If you get Hartley you will have a great chance.

VA F.O. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone on Tiger Rant said UGA offered Raymond $850k.

gave no details and didn’t source so take it FWIW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Someone on Tiger Rant said UGA offered Raymond $850k.

gave no details and didn’t source so take it FWIW.

If true he will be a dawg.  Lsu won't match that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Notre Dame OC Chip Long is also in Tuscaloosa in talks to be an offensive assistant. 

I'm hearing he isn't getting a job in Tuscaloosa.

Also hearing Butch Jones may be taking an on-field role in Tuscaloosa. He gets a lot of heat, but that would be a good hire. Players love him and he is a decent recruiter. As a WR coach, he would be a very good hire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I'm hearing he isn't getting a job in Tuscaloosa.

Also hearing Butch Jones may be taking an on-field role in Tuscaloosa. He gets a lot of heat, but that would be a good hire. Players love him and he is a decent recruiter. As a WR coach, he would be a very good hire. 

That was Sabans reported offer to keep Butch. Mike Locksley offered Butch the assistant HC role at Maryland. No word on which one he'll take yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, VA F.O. said:

When you're unilaterally recognized as one of the best, if not the best, recruiter and coach at your position, and are criminally underpaid, but despite that, continue to loyally do your job and support your school, and then they go and give half your job to another guy who isn't recognized as being half what you are, yeah, I can see that.

I mean, I just don't see the reasoning. This guy is one of the greatest recruiters and coaches for DBs in college football. You'd think you'd be doing everything in your power to keep him happy, not not only not raising his salary, but giving part of his job away.

Can you imagine us going to Pittman, and telling him we're hiring an OT coach?

Yup x 10 on ALL those points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

If true he will be a dawg.  Lsu won't match that. 

The guy basically made it up based on my projection in another thread.   Good grief 

mike teevee likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

When do you guys think we will know one way or another on Raymond?  Tonight?  Tomorrow morning?

Just speculation, I think he will leave with an offer and give LSU a chance to match or better the offer.  

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Just speculation, I think he will leave with an offer and give LSU a chance to match or better the offer.  

Yeah probably.  I never like letting a guy leave with the offer to shop it to the home team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah probably.  I never like letting a guy leave with the offer to shop it to the home team.

Me neither but a guy that has those type of ties then it is what it is.  Plus, he has to sell his family on moving. Uprooting a stable life to a new place is crazy.  

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

Me neither but a guy that has those type of ties then it is what it is.  Plus, he has to sell his family moving.  Uprooting a stable life to a new place is crazy.  

I was told on Tiger Rant that he has no wife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I was told on Tiger Rant that he has no wife.

Jake Rowe said he has a family and kids and just built a house 

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Jake Rowe said he has a family and kids and just built a house 

Not surprised.  Finding a lot of falsehoods over there.  Thanks VA FO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Carter said:

Otis Reese and Tyson Campbell have posted a picture of Raymond on Instagram. Seems like the players are hoping this one happens now.

Or maybe they know something, lol

mike teevee likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Carter said:

Otis Reese and Tyson Campbell have posted a picture of Raymond on Instagram. Seems like the players are hoping this one happens now.

Where’s the pic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, lots of fun right now, reading LSU fans' posts

So many of them are already playing down Raymond: 

not really that good of a coach 

not really responsible for LSU's DB recruiting

they'll be fine without him

already highest paid at his position in college football

Aranda brought in the safeties coach because he's a genius and he knew Raymond would leave

leaving will prove he's a traitor

etc lol

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now