Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Raymond is loyal, very loyal but the man has a family with 4 kids. He might have decided it was time to look for a little more money if the opportunity is right. You have to imagine he wouldnt go too far from Louisiana so Georgia is intriguing to him.

Athens Only 7 hours away he’ll live 

g-dawg and sdogg like this

Someone make sure he knows about Henry’s Louisiana Grill in Acworth. Not too far from Athens. Seriously great cajun food!

But I suppose true Louisiana folks make all that stuff themselves lol

21 minutes ago, Carter said:

Someone make sure he knows about Henry’s Louisiana Grill in Acworth. Not too far from Athens. Seriously great cajun food!

But I suppose true Louisiana folks make all that stuff themselves lol

Hey I live in Acworth/Kennesaw area.   Is it good?

Saban is bringing Steve Sarkisian back to Bama. Sark picked Bama over the Cardinals OC job. He had offers for both but decided college is where he wants to be.

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

It's great. There's a little something for everyone. I usually stick with the classics though (Etouffee, Gumbo, Jambalaya, etc.) and the always have a rotating selection of Abita on tap and lots of specials.

g-dawg and Carter like this

2 minutes ago, Ransack said:

It's great. There's a little something for everyone. I usually stick with the classics though (Etouffee, Gumbo, Jambalaya, etc.) and the always have a rotating selection of Abita on tap and lots of specials.

Abita is my favorite brewery. Andygator for the win!! :slick:

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Raymond is loyal, very loyal but the man has a family with 4 kids. He might have decided it was time to look for a little more money if the opportunity is right. You have to imagine he wouldnt go too far from Louisiana so Georgia is intriguing to him.

We also just played LSU, so, outside of a potential SECCG, the two teams won't meet for years

Supposedly, LSU guys thinks he feels slighted after LSU hired a Safeties coach last year, after already having him as a DB coach

4 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Supposedly, LSU guys thinks he feels slighted after LSU hired a Safeties coach last year, after already having him as a DB coach

At $425k/yr for a secondary coach best in business, Raymond is criminally underpaid - should have been at least about $650/yr the last few years - also doesn’t look like they have been trying to promote him until maybe now.

I agree with many others on this one, if this is even a remote possibility of happening, then you take whatever LSU is offering him

and you double it

g-dawg likes this

56 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah it’s pretty legit. I haven’t even been there, my dad stops on the way when he picks us up from the airport and brings some. I really wanna go there and have it freshly prepared. My dad lives in Nashville and says he stops there anytime he comes through Atlanta.

g-dawg likes this

23 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

At $425k/yr for a secondary coach best in business, Raymond is criminally underpaid - should have been at least about $650/yr the last few years - also doesn’t look like they have been trying to promote him until maybe now.

We could offer him DB coach and DC for well under the 1.5M Tucker was at. Offer him $900k with benchmark incentives. That does well more than double him up and I don’t think LSU will touch that for the role he has on their staff and how much money they have tied up in Aranda.

g-dawg likes this

19 minutes ago, Carter said:

We could offer him DB coach and DC for well under the 1.5M Tucker was at. Offer him $900k with benchmark incentives. That does well more than double him up and I don’t think LSU will touch that for the role he has on their staff and how much money they have tied up in Aranda.

Yeah, I have been on Tiger Rant and they seem to have sticker shock.   I believe Kirby probably wants this guy bad because you know how much stronger he wants our DB recruiting and play to be.   Kirby would be willing to do somewhat of an overpay to get him - LSU cannot offer the Co-DC with Aramda there.

We are gonna find out how much loyalty is worth because Raymond is gonna leave money on the table.   My WAG is LSU offers $700k and we offer $950k plus Co-DC title.

Carter and sdogg like this

Unless we see some other targets pop up, everyone but Raymond really has been shot down or hasn’t panned out beyond rumor stage so far. Raymond is in Athens this weekend specifically for interviewing. It sounds like Kirby is very serious about Raymond.

sdogg, g-dawg and 95Dawg like this

11 hours ago, 007dawg said:

I agree.  Hartley can recruit Georgia and S Florida so would like to see who CKS will get.  Maybe trying for a QB coach.  Just a guess

Per dash Hartley is being interviewed for te job.  He was offered analyst but now on the field job.

1 minute ago, Nereek said:

Hartley to TE coach
Raymond to DB coach
DC? 

Raymond’s probably gotta at least be Co-DC to pay him what we need to get him from LSU.

10 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Raymond is very upset due to being demoted. 

When you're unilaterally recognized as one of the best, if not the best, recruiter and coach at your position, and are criminally underpaid, but despite that, continue to loyally do your job and support your school, and then they go and give half your job to another guy who isn't recognized as being half what you are, yeah, I can see that.

I mean, I just don't see the reasoning. This guy is one of the greatest recruiters and coaches for DBs in college football. You'd think you'd be doing everything in your power to keep him happy, not not only not raising his salary, but giving part of his job away.

Can you imagine us going to Pittman, and telling him we're hiring an OT coach?

m2Falcons and g-dawg like this

9 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Raymond is very upset due to being demoted. 

Understandable. He has done an amazing job for them as a coach and recruiter. Widely recognized as one of the best DB coaches and recruiters in college football.

LSU has one of the highest totals I believe when you put all of their coaching salaries together, but they are seriously hamstrung on their assistant pool by how much money they have tied up in Aranda. I don’t think they can rationalize giving Raymond the kind of money we can even if we just offer DB coach. We have a big big chunk of change to work with since Tucker bolted out of his $1.5M salary. We can probably bump Lanning up to 800k, bring in Raymond at 900k, slap them with co-DC titles... and we’d be saving money over what our defensive assistants made in 2018. Could give Schumann and Scott raises while staying within that same budget.

g-dawg likes this

So here's a fun bit of speculation

Any truth to the Lupoi wants out of Alabama rumors? Wasn't he a candidate as well?

If Lupoi really wanted to come, would he get a "Co" title as well?

and if he wanted to come, after (assuming here) we hired Raymond, would you fire someone to bring him in?

5 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

So here's a fun bit of speculation

Any truth to the Lupoi wants out of Alabama rumors? Wasn't he a candidate as well?

If Lupoi really wanted to come, would he get a "Co" title as well?

and if he wanted to come, after (assuming here) we hired Raymond, would you fire someone to bring him in?

If Dawgs got Lapoi and Raymond, Dawgs would need a waiver to sign 33 5* players to every signing class.

m2Falcons and sdogg like this

44 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Per dash Hartley is being interviewed for te job.  He was offered analyst but now on the field job.

There's a serious dearth of top TE talent in next year's class, and with us needing to reload badly, Hartley would hopefully give us at least a puncher's chance at flipping Dominic Mammarelli from Miami