Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I just wonder how pissed some of the members of the most recent Bama recruiting class are after all their coaches have gone away. :munch:

Might be some but I remember reading about Bama recruiting and they pretty much sell kids on playing for the school and Saban because they will develop them into leaders and what not. Saban tells them himself don’t just commit to a coach because they may or may not be your coach for long.

But yeah, that’s a lot of turnover going on at Bama. Tua’s dad is probably beating him with the belt for it.

Falconsin2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I just wonder how pissed some of the members of the most recent Bama recruiting class are after all their coaches have gone away. :munch:

An unintended consequence of early signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

te coach i believe kirby is still going to talk to a few guys, but right now i think it's hartley.. sounds like though hartley is being courted by more than 1 sec team.  depends on the candidate on defense..  it will be someone who has familiarity with kirby's system.. i was told it takes up to 2 years for a coach to learn his system so he usually hires someone who already has some knowledge of how it works. 

Hartley needs to come back to UGA and make Georgia TEU again.  Imagine Pitman  Coley and Hartley on the recruiting trail.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

 

I don’t doubt Trent at all on that. The ugasports staff was pretty much shutting down every rumor that was coming up and saying they’re hearing nothing but Coley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve known Hartley’s Dad for a long time. Todd got an offer from Jimbo a few weeks ago but returned to Miami when Richt got him a better deal at Miami.  Not sure if Jimbo still has an opening.  Would think we could get him back at UGA if we want him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 007dawg said:

I’ve known Hartley’s Dad for a long time. Todd got an offer from Jimbo a few weeks ago but returned to Miami when Richt got him a better deal at Miami.  Not sure if Jimbo still has an opening.  Would think we could get him back at UGA if we want him

UGA did offer him an analyst position, but not a on field position..  it better be a great candidate we are after for the last on the field spot offensively if we are going to pass on hartley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

UGA did offer him an analyst position, but not a on field position..  it better be a great candidate we are after for the last on the field spot offensively if we are going to pass on hartley. 

I agree.  Hartley can recruit Georgia and S Florida so would like to see who CKS will get.  Maybe trying for a QB coach.  Just a guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so now the first wave of coaching and assistant coach movement is settled in, let’s re-group shall we?

UGA open positions:

1) Defensive Coordinator 

2) Secondary Coach

3) Tight Ends Coach

 

1) Defensive Coordinator - at this point, I gotta believe with the feedback that Dawgs haven’t contacted Derrick Ansley that it ain’t happening.   With Lanning and Schumann being Linebacker coaches and both thought to be on cusp of a Coordinator position, I would look for these guys to rise to “Co-DC” positions - this secures both coaches while simultaneously building their resumes and filling up their wallets.  If they just go with one, then probably Lanning but Schumann still gets the big raise.

2) Secondary Coach - I suppose Bacarri Rambo or “the other guy” whose name escapes me could be promoted but seems less likely.  This will likely be an outside hire but no idea who.

3) Tight Ends Coach - has this been filled yet?  Unsure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LSU DB coach Corey Raymond is in Athens this weekend to interview with Kirby Smart. Reportedly this is for the DB coaching position with UGA, but I find it hard to believe he would travel to Athens to meet with Kirby today and also Sunday if he weren’t a serious contender for the DC position also.

Raymond is in the final year of his contract with LSU, making less than $500k salary.

g-dawg, RxDawg, youngbloodz and 4 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Carter said:

LSU DB coach Corey Raymond is in Athens this weekend to interview with Kirby Smart. Reportedly this is for the DB coaching position with UGA, but I find it hard to believe he would travel to Athens to meet with Kirby today and also Sunday if he weren’t a serious contender for the DC position also.

Raymond is in the final year of his contract with LSU, making less than $500k salary.

Talk about a Homerun hire!

Raymond has been DB coach at LSU since 2012.   How many guys has he helped put in the NFL?  15+?

Gotta believe if Kirby can seal the deal with Raymond that Kair Elam and Nick Cross would become much more likely.   

LSU has definitely been “DBU”.

sdogg and LawDawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carter said:

LSU DB coach Corey Raymond is in Athens this weekend to interview with Kirby Smart. Reportedly this is for the DB coaching position with UGA, but I find it hard to believe he would travel to Athens to meet with Kirby today and also Sunday if he weren’t a serious contender for the DC position also.

Raymond is in the final year of his contract with LSU, making less than $500k salary.

Must be some stuff going on at LSU. Raymond has had the chance to leave and make a lot more money before but declined 

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Must be some stuff going on at LSU. Raymond has had the chance to leave and make a lot more money before but declined 

Hard to believe he has stayed there that long making less than $500k/yr.   That kind of seems unfair that he would be paid that low.

youngbloodz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Hard to believe he has stayed there that long making less than $500k/yr.   That kind of seems unfair that he would be paid that low.

He is from Lousiana and went to LSU and that's always been his dream job. Happiness over money I suppose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He is from Lousiana and went to LSU and that's always been his dream job. Happiness over money I suppose 

I suppose but sounds like LSU has taken advantage of the loyalty.

youngbloodz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booooo!!!

 
Quote

 

JeffSentell Posts:  admin

Don’t think so. Would be quite the catch if so.

Raymond is an LSU alum. Just built a house in Baton Rouge I am told.

Let’s see if this goes farther than the Get-A-Coach-A-Bigger-Deal-To-Stay-Home phase.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The state of Louisiana has had budget issues for years if I’m not mistaken - and by extension LSU as well. A few years ago the governor threatened to shut down the program if I remember correctly. I don’t think anyone bought it and he’d probably be skinned alive if he actually did it but I believe money has been an issue in general.

Raymond has probably been more than willing to work within those constraints, knowing he could get a much higher paying job when he wanted if it became an issue.

He certainly is vastly underpaid by market standards for the work he does.

youngbloodz and g-dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if Raymond is that loyal and an alum building a house in the area, might be a lot to overcome.  Admire the loyalty.

If I was him and could double my salary, believe I could trade schools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raymond is loyal, very loyal but the man has a family with 4 kids. He might have decided it was time to look for a little more money if the opportunity is right. You have to imagine he wouldnt go too far from Louisiana so Georgia is intriguing to him.

g-dawg and Dawggone like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now