Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

I think Kirby wants someone he can control into just running the ball over and over and over again. 

Why would 5 star QBs come here if we just run the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Why would 5 star QBs come here if we just run the ball. 

4 have and all knew we were a run first team before committing. 

1 became the #1 overall pick. 

The Great American likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to get too far off subject, but can we diversify the pass offense with Coley?  Throw more in middle of field and not just sideline patterns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

are you telling me miami fans don't like that hire?  are they freaking crazy?  I love the guy and they should to. 

Yes a lot of them are mad cause Enos is a pro style coach and they thought we were going spread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sdogg said:

4 have and all knew we were a run first team before committing. 

1 became the #1 overall pick. 

Richt was more of a QB savant than anyone on Kirby staff.  Being a former college QB himself, he just can coach it better.   Richt’s problem toward the end was he just picked the wrong QBs.

slickgadawg and frankly88 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Yes a lot of them are mad cause Enos is a pro style coach and they thought we were going spread 

I cannot even believe Enos took the job.  Must have a beach babe wife.   Will be curious to see how much they paid him - had to overpay methinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sdogg said:

4 have and all knew we were a run first team before committing. 

1 became the #1 overall pick. 

Time to change it up... run first isnt winning us any national championships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I cannot even believe Enos took the job.  Must have a beach babe wife.   Will be curious to see how much they paid him - had to overpay methinks

A little over a mil is what I'm hearing. Coral Gables is very beautiful. Manny probably also told him he can bring his staff or a couple people with him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

my prediction our offense has a terrific year with a faster pace offense and we average over 42 points a game.  

If he lets Fromm run more at his pace I think it will work better. I’m not optimistic based on what we know about Coley though. They always talk about how things will be different and then it’s not. Schotty was who he has been, Chaney was who he has been. Bobo improved a ton as an OC after a shaky start so maybe Coley can as well. We’ll see! 

Falconsin2012, VA F.O. and Yo_Lover like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

my prediction our offense has a terrific year with a faster pace offense and we average over 42 points a game.  

That's a significant improvement for a team sending several key offensive players to the NFL.  I hope you're prognostication is spot on!!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Not to get too far off subject, but can we diversify the pass offense with Coley?  Throw more in middle of field and not just sideline patterns.

My impression is that Fromm doesn’t seem as comfortable throwing to the middle of the field but I haven’t looked at game film to see how many routes we were running there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

My impression is that Fromm doesn’t seem as comfortable throwing to the middle of the field but I haven’t looked at game film to see how many routes we were running there.

I feel like we mostly threw over the middle Fromm's freshman year. I could be wrong but I basically remember the passing game against Bama in the NCG being slants and curl routes. The passing game this year felt like a complete 180 in comparison to the previous year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I feel like we mostly threw over the middle Fromm's freshman year. I could be wrong but I basically remember the passing game against Bama in the NCG being slants and curl routes. The passing game this year felt like a complete 180 in comparison to the previous year. 

All I really remember about 2017 was jump balls with Wims and corner routes with Godwin. This past season I remember a few times when they’d do a replay and show where Fromm missed seeing somebody open and the receiver would be in the middle of the field. I know we definitely should’ve ran more crossing and drag routes with Nauta and Woerner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Time to change it up... run first isnt winning us any national championships.

Run first wasn't the problem. Being stubborn as piss,I IPOwas the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Billy Ocean said:

All I really remember about 2017 was jump balls with Wims and corner routes with Godwin. This past season I remember a few times when they’d do a replay and show where Fromm missed seeing somebody open and the receiver would be in the middle of the field. I know we definitely should’ve ran more crossing and drag routes with Nauta and Woerner.

70% of nautas catches this year had to just be outlet dump offs <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WOR said:

70% of nautas catches this year had to just be outlet dump offs <_<

We ran too many max protect plays, too. 

I just don’t get it. It’s easier to create mismatches with tight ends than we make it look. 

Yo_Lover and Porter Osborne Jr like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The vent is intolerable now. Insiders have been mostly silent, now all of a sudden every insider is making posts pumping sunshine about how the players are so happy Coley is the OC.

We already know players love Coley. He isn’t an elite recruiter because he’s a stick in the mud. Says nothing at all about his ability to coordinate and if I read “we’re going up tempo” a few more times I might throw my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UGA and Miami both need to make the tight end great again. Both schools had a great lineage of tight ends beginning in the late 90s & early aughts that has petered out in the 2010s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm cautiously hopeful about Coley. Seems clear this was the plan all along and Kirby has done a pretty great job with coordinators so far but I also know he's as stubborn as a mule. Coley has been working within the framework of our conservative offense for 3 years so it's easy for me to envision Kirby saying and possibly believing himself we will speed it up a little but tightening down the screws at the first sign of adversity. You don't usually makes changes in philosophy by hiring within. 

I hope I'm wrong but I'll stick on the side of history here until I'm proven wrong. 

g-dawg, sdogg, Carter and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may sound crazy. But what I would do if I was Kirby is move Del to coach the safety’s(he played DB himself) and hire a cornerback coach as DC or co DC with Lanning. Then let Fountain coach TE’s and coordinate special teams like Beamer did. Hire Thomas Brown or another up and coming RB coach to coach RBs. That would make it a 5-5 split of assistant coaches. Plus it gives you some veteran coaches on defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I cannot even believe Enos took the job.  Must have a beach babe wife.   Will be curious to see how much they paid him - had to overpay methinks

That is quite a coup by Diaz.  I'm jealous.<_<

By the way will there be anybody left from last season's Bama offense?  So far Enos, Lindsey, Key, Gattis have all moved on.  

Edited by frankly88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

That is quite a coup by Diaz.  I'm jealous.<_<

By the way will there be anybody from last season's Bama offense?  So far Enos, Lindsey, Key, Gattis have all moved on.  

Looks like Kirby plan is just to promote and give raises to current staff.  My guess is Lanning is DC or Co-DC with Schumann and then we go hire a secondary coach while also promoting Bacarri Rambo.

Given all the coaching changes, maybe Chaney leaving, freeing up salary and Mel gone helped us ward off suitors for Pittman, Coley, McGee, Lanning and Schuman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

That is quite a coup by Diaz.  I'm jealous.<_<

By the way will there be anybody left from last season's Bama offense?  So far Enos, Lindsey, Key, Gattis have all moved on.  

At this point Saban is a pro at replacing OC's. He'll pull someone out of the dark and average 40 points a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wonder how pissed some of the members of the most recent Bama recruiting class are after all their coaches have gone away. :munch:

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now