Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not sure I like this one. And it's weird considering he is primarily a RB coach. 

Edited by RandomFan
sdogg likes this

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Not sure I like this one. And it's weird considering he is primarily a RB coach. 

Wouldn't he be a better option than Coley?

23 minutes ago, richham said:

Chaney is now the highest paid offensive coordinator in the country.  Wow, that's a little crazy.  Tenn. is going to be expecting a lot for that kind of change.

They are going to go after Pruitt big time, if this backfires. 

I’m curious about the NFL guys we’re rumored to be considering. I’d like someone who can run an offense similar to the Sean McVay Rams. I’m afraid Jeff Fisher Rams is more Kirby’s speed, though.

6 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

no offense, but they haven't weakened uga at all.. we are in great shape.  what pruitt did was alienate and hurt any chance of hiring a bigtime oc by saying they are overrated and treating helton like crap.. it's no secret they have been turned down time and time again.  then fulmer who has a relationship with chaney i bet go involved and due to him being close to retirement and his daughter is up there, there was an opening so they threw a ton of money knowing UGA wouldn't match it.  i think we promote coley which i don't have a problem with.. he has coached with jimbo and chaney since his time in miami.  he is a great recruiter and a very smart guy.  we will probably hire a TE coach who can recruit.  

I didnt say they did weaken I said they hoped to weaken, time will tell I dont think they did either.But for the record aint worried about Tennessee regardless. 

14 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

You mean WHEN

Phat Phil has just got his favorite OC lined up for when he shoves Pruitt out of the HC chair that he wants to take back again

shoved-down.gif

Edited by RandomFan

Great don’t like the hiring wirhin especially when your not finishing- need someone else on top of both oc and dc fresh new minds 

11 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

So Ansley's name is being brought up again as a finalist for the dc spot, per Dawgnation.

I say we promote from within. Lanning and/or Schumann. They already know Kirby's defense and the players.

Matt Rhule was the Jets choice but as talks progressed the Jets didnt like his staff. Rhule was putting together a college heavy staff with no NFL experience. Jets were frustrated and moved on to Gase, Rhule withdrew.

6 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Some UT fans think they outbid us for Chaney.  Lol.

Technically they did. They offered him a bunch of money and we wouldn’t. 

g-dawg and Carter like this

47 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

Technically they did. They offered him a bunch of money and we wouldn’t. 

Yeah, they’re acting like we couldn’t match their offer though.

Edited by Porter Osborne Jr
mike teevee likes this

22 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Now looking like it's Adam Gase.

Jets didnt like the staff Rhule was putting together.