Unknøwn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

Yall all gonna be reacting differently if Pittman leaves too js

I'll wait and see what happens and who we hire before passing judgement on this being so great a move

Just now, Turkeydawg said:

****, replacing 2 coordinators in the same off season.  Don't give it to Coley.

Word coming out that we may get Lupoi

Some 247 posters thinking no way Pittboss leaves as Pruitt’s best friend is Will Friend their OL coach. 

Yeah it's already strongly rumored that they'll simply promote Coley. I "think" Kirby knows he needs to make changes but this I feel, is a mistake.

7 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Some 247 posters thinking no way Pittboss leaves as Pruitt’s best friend is Will Friend their OL coach. 

Who says Pittman would have to leave for Tennessee? 

We need youngbloodz in here to tell us why promoting Coley would be as bad if not worse, or whichever

Think smart puts a little to much focus on recruiting, u need great recruiters but got to have great xo guys- game day coaches. Agree they promote Coley and just promote from within on D think this is not good

youngbloodz likes this

I DESPISE how coy and cute Radi gets on Twitter, but this seems pretty clear cut as your answer about Coley. 

8 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Think smart puts a little to much focus on recruiting, u need great recruiters but got to have great xo guys- game day coaches. Agree they promote Coley and just promote from within on D think this is not good

Think we're going to see someone get hired on the defensive staff, even if it's a DB coach, but I'm 95% sure it's Coley as OC and I'm not a big fan of it at all. Only reason it's not 100% is MAYBE...there's thought about trying to make a splash.

Perhaps talent and bringing in a Jay Johnson type as an analyst would help, but I don't know that I want to continue needing analysts to help the offense.

12 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

We need youngbloodz in here to tell us why promoting Coley would be as bad if not worse, or whichever

Cause he absolutely sucks as a play caller. You guys will hate it if Coley gets the OC job. 

Porter Osborne Jr and 95Dawg like this

Would not be very excited with Coley. I think this offense needs fresh blood. If Kirby hires from within I expect more of the same on offense.

And whoever mentioned Lupoi... As a DC **** no. As a staff member and recruiter **** yes.

Names that jake threw out as possible replacements, which means next to nothing:

James Coley

Major Applewhite

Jay Johnson

Larry Fedora

Matt Canada

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Cause he absolutely sucks as a play caller. You guys will hate it if Coley gets the OC job. 

as bad or worse than Cheney in your opinion? 

Pass on Applewhite. That's old Bama. I could get behind Canada. And I just don't see Kirby pulling the trigger on Fedora.

I mean, OK, I get the whole "promote him or lose him" narrative on Coley, but at this point, what would we really be losing?

Coley's impact came from WR recruiting, but already took him off of that and gave that to Hankton so we wouldn't risk losing our WR recruits if he bolted.