Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

I have a friend who is a big booster and gets to attend practices.  He says that Chaney has told him that he doesn’t think Kirby likes him.  FWIW 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I have a friend who is a big booster and gets to attend practices.  He says that Chaney has told him that he doesn’t think Kirby likes him.  FWIW 

Sounds like Chaney might not be as dense as I thought he was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn’t Chaney they guy they said urban went to to learn the spread? Back when we hired him supposedly he was a guy that could coach and call either pro or spread? I hope to god it’s not Kirby I get wanting to build strength at the los but back when bama used to just run the ball basically every play they were so much more talented and deeper there and just wear teams down, while that’s still a little true they have had to change and adapt as well- that crap just doesn’t work u less u are literally just way more talented than the team across from u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

That would be an interesting report on Kirby squashing opening up the offense, as I'm pretty sure one of many things Blackledge talked about was how Kirby got involved in the offensive game plan and "thought" we needed to pass more before LSU. 

I think he knows he needs to do something to help enhance things on the offensive end, just isn't sure what to do. If we're not making a significant shift on the offensive coaching staff, I think the next offensive analyst, they need to somehow snag from lower down at the Rams/Chiefs, if that's even possible.

Ultimately my preference would be to keep Chaney around and if Kirby is getting into that, he needs to be a bit more hands off. But they do need to work a little more on the passing game even in games that should be easily in hand. 

Edited by VoiceofReason95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Wasn’t Chaney they guy they said urban went to to learn the spread? Back when we hired him supposedly he was a guy that could coach and call either pro or spread? I hope to god it’s not Kirby I get wanting to build strength at the los but back when bama used to just run the ball basically every play they were so much more talented and deeper there and just wear teams down, while that’s still a little true they have had to change and adapt as well- that crap just doesn’t work u less u are literally just way more talented than the team across from u

if Chaney is the one running into an 8-man defensive box, he needs to be let go.    If Kirby is dictating those calls and Chaney following orders - then we are in big trouble.

Carter and Wardog357 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Wasn’t Chaney they guy they said urban went to to learn the spread? Back when we hired him supposedly he was a guy that could coach and call either pro or spread? I hope to god it’s not Kirby I get wanting to build strength at the los but back when bama used to just run the ball basically every play they were so much more talented and deeper there and just wear teams down, while that’s still a little true they have had to change and adapt as well- that crap just doesn’t work u less u are literally just way more talented than the team across from u

Chaney was one of the coaches Urban spoke with when he landed his first HC job. We dont know how much he adopted from him. Chaney's biggest claim to fame is he coached Drew Brees at Purdue. At Purdue Chaney and Tiller did have an uptempo pass heavy offense. However, Chaney did spend some time with the Rams before joining Lane Kiffin and that's when his offense became what it is today. He might have tried to add some of his old stuff in and Kirby said no but who knows. Chaney's roots are closer to a pass friendly spread but he himself changed later in his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kliff Kingsbury is reportedly drawing interest from the Patriots. If McDaniels leaves for a HC job they want to meet with Kingsbury about being OC in New England.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Kliff Kingsbury is reportedly drawing interest from the Patriots. If McDaniels leaves for a HC job they want to meet with Kingsbury about being OC in New England.

If Kingsbury has the opportunity to work under Belicheck and with Brady, he needs to tell USC to pound sand.

Even if Kingsbury only works with Belicheck for two years, that will enhance his resume’ much more than being under Helton at USC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can morons stop using twitter and tweets for actual news and reporting.. a person who tweets something doesn't mean it's freaking real.. i am so sick of idiots who don't know how to use twitter.   i have seen fake news after fake news on uga boards because people are so freaking stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

can morons stop using twitter and tweets for actual news and reporting.. a person who tweets something doesn't mean it's freaking real.. i am so sick of idiots who don't know how to use twitter.   i have seen fake news after fake news on uga boards because people are so freaking stupid. 

Pretty much if you don’t see the verified check it’s false..and if you do it could still be a reach 

95Dawg and SacFalcFan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Pretty much if you don’t see the verified check it’s false..and if you do it could still be a reach 

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL analyst reporting Kingsbury is conducting NFL interviews. That likely means hes either resigned from USC or they caved and allowed it. 

Baylor HC Matt Rhule did meet with the Jets as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

Greg Schiano is out as DC at Ohio State. Michigan's Greg Mattison will be the new DC in Columbus. 

:lol: Wouldn’t think Ohio State could outbid Michigan for a lateral move like that. Harbaugh must be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's will really be interesting what is going to happen in the next handful of years in the NFL.  there is a point where teams are going to look at innovative coaches from college to come up and take over programs.  i know a few are already happening now, but i think we will see a big influx in a few years.. you have a lot of retreads in the nfl that continually new jobs that I think will be out of jobs within a few years and they will make a move to a younger coaching circle.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carter said:

:lol: Wouldn’t think Ohio State could outbid Michigan for a lateral move like that. Harbaugh must be happy.

it really isn't a lateral move.. mattison was the dl coach for um and now is the dc for ohio state.. so it's a step up for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

it's will really be interesting what is going to happen in the next handful of years in the NFL.  there is a point where teams are going to look at innovative coaches from college to come up and take over programs.  i know a few are already happening now, but i think we will see a big influx in a few years.. you have a lot of retreads in the nfl that continually new jobs that I think will be out of jobs within a few years and they will make a move to a younger coaching circle.. 

Which is much needed in the Pros.

They need a purge...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SacFalcFan said:

it's will really be interesting what is going to happen in the next handful of years in the NFL.  there is a point where teams are going to look at innovative coaches from college to come up and take over programs.  i know a few are already happening now, but i think we will see a big influx in a few years.. you have a lot of retreads in the nfl that continually new jobs that I think will be out of jobs within a few years and they will make a move to a younger coaching circle.. 

About time...I always said there isn’t a lot of smart people in football..and the ones that are look like genius cough patriots* 

 

too many conservative old *** coaches in the league..sometimes games are unwatchable because of the stupidity that surround them. Small **** like clock management..players moving to the line slow knowing they have to score fast..all that is on dumb coaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

it really isn't a lateral move.. mattison was the dl coach for um and now is the dc for ohio state.. so it's a step up for him. 

Ohhh yeah ok, you’re right. I was confused there and thought he was the DC. Derp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL is trying to innovate. Everyone wants the next Sean McVay, a young innovative offensive kind. There isn't many new approaches left among those already in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Greg Schiano is out as DC at Ohio State. Michigan's Greg Mattison will be the new DC in Columbus. 

Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan Day said Schiano left Ohio State to pursue other opportunities. He wants to get back into the NFL. The Patriots were looking into bringing him on as a defensive assistant before he ultimately decided to join Urban Meyer. The offer may have came back around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now