Unknøwn

Coaching Rumors

1,315 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

According to CBS's  Jason La Confora Tampa Bay is reportedly interested in interviewing Kirby Smart. 

not surprised he started to spew his crap.. there are reasons rumors like this is put out before nsd. 

1 hour ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

A good start to making things better offensively would simply be going 4 wide and up tempo a bit more. It doesn't mean go full on Big 12 air raid, but it was pretty incredible to watch how Georgia would bog down on offense, then go up tempo and it'd kickstart things for Georgia on offense. That happened time and time again.

I said early in the year we should be in the spread a lot more and we should run out of the spread. That suits Fromm well and it suits Swift well. Also considering the oline issuses we had early, a hurry up would have taken pressure off those guys as well.

6 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I said early in the year we should be in the spread a lot more and we should run out of the spread. That suits Fromm well and it suits Swift well. Also considering the oline issuses we had early, a hurry up would have taken pressure off those guys as well.

It was sooo frustrating watching Chaney bunch up and run into 7-8 in the box.   Mizzou game especially.    Part of our red zone issues as well.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

It was sooo frustrating watching Chaney bunch up and run into 7-8 in the box.   Mizzou game especially.    Part of our red zone issues as well.

Yes it was.  Up tempo got Fromm and the offense in a rhythm. 

Jim Chaney reportedly holds an offer from Jeremy Pruitt to become Tennessee’s next OC. Nothing has been announced regarding an extension for him to remain at UGA. Hopefully we hear something very soon, we need staff in place before signing day.

I’m more than fine with moving on from Chaney. Kirby will have to let the OC have more freedom too though.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

18 minutes ago, Carter said:

Jim Chaney reportedly holds an offer from Jeremy Pruitt to become Tennessee’s next OC. Nothing has been announced regarding an extension for him to remain at UGA. Hopefully we hear something very soon, we need staff in place before signing day.

I’m more than fine with moving on from Chaney. Kirby will have to let the OC have more freedom too though.

@Carter , You know what happened.  Chaney ate the last piece of prime rib on the buffet and Kirby did not get any.  Now he is getting rid of him so Kirby gets all the prime rib.  That is the real story.   

Carter likes this

2 minutes ago, usmcdirtybird said:

@Carter , You know what happened.  Chaney ate the last piece of prime rib on the buffet and Kirby did not get any.  Now he is getting rid of him so Kirby gets all the prime rib.  That is the real story.   

That’s Kirby’s fault for letting Chaney go ahead of him at a buffet. I would never let that happen. Have to know the strengths of your lineup and set the order accordingly. Chaney bats cleanup. 

g-dawg likes this

Just now, Carter said:

That’s Kirby’s fault for letting Chaney go ahead of him at a buffet. I would never let that happen. Have to know the strengths of your lineup and set the order accordingly. Chaney bats cleanup. 

Try but 

kirby is the boss and should have yelled "There better be Prime Rib left!!"

Carter likes this

I don’t see anybody stopping Chaney from claiming his spot in the buffet line. An OC job at UGA is only worth so much to a man like that. :lol:

Carter likes this

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Pitboss goes first, he's always first

1 minute ago, Carter said:

On the buffet line? Yeah I’ll let Pittman go first, he has earned it lol

He can go first and then get seconds before anyone else goes if he wants

Carter likes this

53 minutes ago, Carter said:

On the buffet line? Yeah I’ll let Pittman go first, he has earned it lol

Anybody else disappointed in the Pittboss’s OL  performance vs Texas?  Worst game of the year IMO

g-dawg likes this

29 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Anybody else disappointed in the Pittboss’s OL  performance vs Texas?  Worst game of the year IMO

Not their best game, but to be fair Texas was run blitzing every down and Chaney kept calling runs. Then it got to a point where we had to throw more and they just kept blitzing. So frustrating to see an absolute failure to adjust to that. We could have called a few screens and blown their defense wide open. 

Just now, Carter said:

Not their best game, but to be fair Texas was run blitzing every down and Chaney kept calling runs. Then it got to a point where we had to throw more and they just kept blitzing. So frustrating to see an absolute failure to adjust to that. We could have called a few screens and blown their defense wide open. 

Carter for OC!!!

Just now, Carter said:

JC makes my head hurt. 

Carter likes this

Texas pretty much just copied LSU's defensive gameplan considering that both DCs are from the same school, and the discouraging thing is, nothing was learned from that and to add on top of it, the OL was confused too that time instead of just the QB. Gaillard managed to get embarrassed on a simple blitz where it was like he didn't know it was coming on the last real offensive series before the half and he was a 3 year starter.

It's clear that for the most part, other defenses that have been tried, even including by Nick Saban have mostly not worked over the last two years but Texas and LSU both found something to exploit big time, and I HAVE to think over the summer, those tapes will get scouted heavily. Pittman is going to need to sit down and review tape with the young OL to talk about what went wrong and what can be done to fix it, and Fromm is going to need to see that video and adjust, as I have to think more of what we saw in those games is coming. 

Theres some doubt that Chaney has actually been offered. It is believed Chaney spoke with Pruitt in December. It is also believed Chaney would strongly consider leaving if Pruitt decides to make him an offer. The reasoning is Chaney might be unhappy with the direction things have went at UGA with the rise of James Coley. Fulmer is apparently behind the move as well and thinks Chaney is the best play caller in the SEC.

24 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Theres some doubt that Chaney has actually been offered. It is believed Chaney spoke with Pruitt in December. It is also believed Chaney would strongly consider leaving if Pruitt decides to make him an offer. The reasoning is Chaney might be unhappy with the direction things have went at UGA with the rise of James Coley. Fulmer is apparently behind the move as well and thinks Chaney is the best play caller in the SEC.

Yeah, seems like a weird situation at the moment. Heard some talk about Chaney and Kirby having disagreements over staff shuffling prior to this season. Chaney was stripped of QB coaching after Beamer left for Oklahoma and took over TE duty, while Coley shifted to QBs and Kirby hired Cortez Hankton from Vanderbilt to coach WRs. Chaney has been an OC and QB coach exclusively since 2009 and it seems he did not approve of the change. 

There have been numerous times where Kirby was seen screaming into his headset after offensive miscues this season and Kirby commented after the Bama and Texas losses about offensive failures. Seems that both parties may be looking for a change at this point.

Miami is also supposedly targeting Coley to bring him back. Kirby may have to let Chaney go and promote Coley to OC or co-OC with a new hire if he really wants to keep Coley on staff. Coley’s real value is with recruiting South Florida, he has previously been fired from Miami for stinking it up as an OC. Diaz probably wants him to help get their recruiting back on track primarily.

Posted (edited)

Yes, and from what I've heard it might actually be Chaney is the one that wants to open up the playbook but Kirby has kept squashing that idea. Which doesn't bode well for us if Kirby lets Chaney leave; it would likely mean Kirby wants to stay super conservative like we have been. 

Americus said to expect some news mid-week or by the weekend. Also said Pittman isn't going anywhere. 

If it ends up being Coley, about the only good thing I can say about that move is Jimbo tried to hire him to be aTm's OC last year. I'm not really sure why, but Fisher usually tries to surround himself with good coaches. So maybe we fans have missed something on Coley up too this point. 

Edited by RandomFan

52 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Yes, and from what I've heard it might actually be Chaney is the one that wants to open up the playbook but Kirby has kept squashing that idea. Which doesn't bode well for us if Kirby lets Chaney leave; it would likely mean Kirby wants to stay super conservative like we have been. 

Americus said to expect some news mid-week or by the weekend. Also said Pittman isn't going anywhere. 

If it ends up being Coley, about the only good thing I can say about that move is Jimbo tried to hire him to be aTm's OC last year. I'm not really sure why, but Fisher usually tries to surround himself with good coaches. So maybe we fans have missed something on Coley up too this point. 

But Fisher’s expertise is offense and Kirby’s defense.