Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,309 posts in this topic

Obviously a change isnt happening this year but the pressure on Mark Richt is growing. Miami is just 5-8 since starting 10-0 last year. Richt also has 3 different 4 game losing streaks. That's more than Randy Shannon and Al Golden had combined. The growing pressure is expected to result in a push for a staff overhaul after the season from the AD and possibly the surrendering of play calling by Richt. Hes being criticized for being too far behind the times with his offensive formations and lack of pre-snap movement or adjustments. Richt is working hard to recruit ex-Clemson QB Kelly Bryant to come to Miami and save him.

3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Obviously a change isnt happening this year but the pressure on Mark Richt is growing. Miami is just 5-8 since starting 10-0 last year. Richt also has 3 different 4 game losing streaks. That's more than Randy Shannon and Al Golden had combined. The growing pressure is expected to result in a push for a staff overhaul after the season from the AD and possibly the surrendering of play calling by Richt. Hes being criticized for being too far behind the times with his offensive formations and lack of pre-snap movement or adjustments. Richt is working hard to recruit ex-Clemson QB Kelly Bryant to come to Miami and save him.

Oh yeah big time pressure is on Richt to give up playcalling and replace o line coach and the qb coach. His son is the qb coach. Offenses has evolved since Richt was the OC at Florida  state. 

5 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Got demonized long ago for this, but Richt is no longer a HC at this point, and that's not trying to be mean, but I think his heart is in what he was trying to do the missionary stuff, but what do I know. 

2 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

Got demonized long ago for this, but Richt is no longer a HC at this point, and that's not trying to be mean, but I think his heart is in what he was trying to do the missionary stuff, but what do I know. 

Hes just stubborn. He's still running that old school offense and expecting it to work. He hasn't changed with the times because of his past success. He's going to be forced to evolve or fail. Les Miles finally came around after being fired and passed over by some places. Miles openly went public saying he will bring in an OC from a spread team and go all out on offense. Even Les knows the old school way isnt the way now.

Louisville's new AD said he had no confidence things would get better under Petrino. 

Jeff Brohm is the heavy favorite for Louisville if he wants it. Brohm is a Louisville alum.

Petrino never should have accepted the Falcons job. He was doing great at Louisville at the time and probably could have landed the Auburn job he wanted had he just been patient. Instead he’s been nationally disgraced twice and now fired from the one place willing to give him another shot.

Peace out Bobby, don’t let the door hit you.

Petrinos ego got him and ruined his career. Hes likely an OC at this point. Someone might take a chance and offer him an OC role but I dont see him landing another HC job unless it's at a really small school like when Western Kentucky gave him a chance. Hes not a good enough recruiter or coach to handle a power conference anymore.

Yep his on the field performance as a coach does not at all equal him being fired this year.. he has does pretty well with them since he returned and htis year it was pretty obvious they were going to take a big step back with what they lost.  this was all about his relationships deteriorating with important boosters and those within the athletic department (primarly his AD). 

10 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Maybe when Freeze gets a job he can bring Petrino in as the oc and Schiano is as the dc.

Zach Smith might be available... :lol: (If you haven't checked out his twitter feed from yesterday, it's a winner)

12 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Maybe when Freeze gets a job he can bring Petrino in as the oc and Schiano is as the dc.

1 minute ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Zach Smith might be available... :lol: (If you haven't checked out his twitter feed from yesterday, it's a winner)

Y’all have forgotten about Art Briles too

fibonaccisquared likes this

2 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Y’all have forgotten about Art Briles too

Seriously... What is Auburn waiting for... They could pay those guys 100k each until the Gus Malzahn buyout is over...

Les Miles and LSU have settled for $1.5M. He was owed $6.5M still. You have to think theres something about to happen with Les for him to suddenly give up $5M. Kansas might have their man.

fibonaccisquared likes this

On 11/12/2018 at 11:18 AM, Carter said:

Petrino never should have accepted the Falcons job. He was doing great at Louisville at the time and probably could have landed the Auburn job he wanted had he just been patient. Instead he’s been nationally disgraced twice and now fired from the one place willing to give him another shot.

Peace out Bobby, don’t let the door hit you.

No, no, please let it hit you, and as hard as possible please

On 11/11/2018 at 0:57 PM, youngbloodz said:

Oh yeah big time pressure is on Richt to give up playcalling and replace o line coach and the qb coach. His son is the qb coach. Offenses has evolved since Richt was the OC at Florida  state. 

Oh boy, does that sound eerily familiar or what? Blast from the past

RandomFan and fibonaccisquared like this

1 hour ago, VA F.O. said:

Oh boy, does that sound eerily familiar or what? Blast from the past

I find it hard to believe that his offensive playcalling/design ability just isn’t cutting it anymore. They can put up points and have, they just aren’t for some reason. I don’t follow Miami close enough to really say what their issues might be, but the times I’ve watched them they don’t seem to be getting solid play from the QB position for one thing.

I mean I understand Richt runs more of a traditional type of offense and many offensive schemes now are more complex with motion and options and spread out philosophies, but at the end of the day it’s still execution, beat the guy across from you and make a play. I mean Army almost beat Oklahoma in Norman ffs with an offense where everyone knows what’s coming. 

But execution was often a sore spot for UGA when Richt was our guy. He’s just not that drill sergeant type mentality that relentlessly harps on form and attention to detail. I think BVG and Callaway were that in his early years at UGA when we had the most consistent play of his tenure. After that it was a championship caliber team every few years if the team stayed relatively healthy. Then it just devolved into a heap of decent at best with about 3 straight years of nothing special at QB to end his time in Athens.

And I remember making all those arguments about Richt needing to hire the right assistants to give his team an edge. The more things change...