Kung Fu Kenny

Oluokun don't want Quinn or other coaches to regret it

19 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Foye coming along nicely...he took his bumps early but you could see the potential and improvement...something you just didn't see with Riley...

Im not a Duke apoogist by any means....but Riley has been less terrible in the last 2 weeks...not necessarily less than terrible, but less terrible

10 hours ago, Lornoth said:

We'll have to see one of them quite a bit, we need 3 LB'ers in base.

Yeah I don't understand that comment at all. He's certainly going to get a lot of snaps

He is already one of the best tacklers and most physically LB on the team. Noticed that early in the preseason when he was the only one to meet the big Jags RB in the hole and not allow him to gain extra yards after contact. His forty time doesn’t always show up on film, but that could mostly be because of him still learning the defense. 

10 hours ago, Lornoth said:

We'll have to see one of them quite a bit, we need 3 LB'ers in base.

The Falcons don't really play that much base though.

I think this kid is a good story, but I Kind of think that Bruce Carter is going to be the third LB in the mix down the stretch.  I just think the guy has been a better pick up than the Falcons probably expected him to be.

10 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I think this kid is a good story, but I Kind of think that Bruce Carter is going to be the third LB in the mix down the stretch.  I just think the guy has been a better pick up than the Falcons probably expected him to be.

I think Quinn and staff will be thinking long term and that is why I believe the kid will get more reps. Carter is a FA after the season, Oluokun is here for 3 more.

Just now, Cole World said:

I think Quinn and staff will be thinking long term and that is why I believe the kid will get more reps. Carter is a FA after the season, Oluokun is here for 3 more.

If the Falcons are 6-4 or 5-5 after the next three games, I think they will try to do everything they can to win. If not, I suppose you are right, think long term.

6 hours ago, Peyton said:

The Falcons don't really play that much base though.

% of total plays on defense against the giants:

Campbell: 83%

Foye: 59%

Riley: 41%

Carter: 31%

Ish: 9%

That evens out to having at least three LB'ers on the field a fair bit. Yeah, nickel is always going to be most common but if you're hoping not to see either of those guys once Debo comes back, you're going to be disappointed. Of course, if Carter becomes our uncontested #3, that's a different story.

12 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

% of total plays on defense against the giants:

Campbell: 83%

Foye: 59%

Riley: 41%

Carter: 31%

Ish: 9%

That evens out to having at least three LB'ers on the field a fair bit. Yeah, nickel is always going to be most common but if you're hoping not to see either of those guys once Debo comes back, you're going to be disappointed. Of course, if Carter becomes our uncontested #3, that's a different story.

For the Giants game, the Falcons were in Nickel about 75% of the time, but it is true that in some games the percentage of base could be a lot higher.  Like this week.  Hopefully whatever combination of LBS the Falcons run out there will get AP slowed down.