Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peyton

The Falcons are Close to Putting this Together

101 posts in this topic

I just looked and right now the Falcons have the tiebreaker over the Seahawks, Packers and Eagles because they've got a better conference record than all of those teams. Being 4-2 in the NFC is huge. They're also 2-1 inside the NFC South. 2 of those 4 losses being AFC helps a ton.

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I just looked and right now the Falcons have the tiebreaker over the Seahawks, Packers and Eagles because they've got a better conference record than all of those teams. Being 4-2 in the NFC is huge. They're also 2-1 inside the NFC South. 2 of those 4 losses being AFC helps a ton.

We lose to the eagles because they have head to head

On 10/31/2018 at 6:57 AM, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Neasman needs to take his opportunity and step up.

He's not a long term answer(Neal/Allen), but he could find a secure place next season (backup).

Glad Neasman didn't make me out to be a liar today...keep it up

Schwarzwald likes this

16 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Falcons are head of the Eagles based on conference record. Conference record comes before HTH tiebreakers when teams aren't in the same division.

Link

I think that they have it incorrrect.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
  2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

Two Clubs

Eagles are ahead. Head to head comes first unless there is a three way tie.

12 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Two Clubs

10 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

But we're not just talking about Falcons vs. Eagles. We're talking about Falcons vs. Eagles vs. Packers. So, we're talking about a 3-way tie right now. Hence, conference record comes before HTH record.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

I was just looking at that page again and if you keep going down you'll see this part which applies to the Falcons since as of this very second they're tied with the Eagles, Seahawks and Packers. Packers are fixing to lose so they'll fall behind the Seahawks and Eagles. But it will still be a 3-way tie, which puts the Falcons head based on having a better conference record than the Seahawks and Eagles.

To Break A Tie For The Wild-Card Team

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

43 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I was just looking at that page again and if you keep going down you'll see this part which applies to the Falcons since as of this very second they're tied with the Eagles, Seahawks and Packers. Packers are fixing to lose so they'll fall behind the Seahawks and Eagles. But it will still be a 3-way tie, which puts the Falcons head based on having a better conference record than the Seahawks and Eagles.

To Break A Tie For The Wild-Card Team

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

Like i said, I agree with you on the three way tie.

16 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I see a bunch of discussion about a tie breaker with 4-4 teams, but that tie is for the 7th spot so it really does't matter lol.

The discussion is on how far behind Falcons are on wild card spot. Just need a loss or two from Vikings or bears.It does matter to see who is ahead and behind at this point. At the end of the season it won’t matter. 

Jones comes back in 1 more week (hopefully)
Foye coming along
Kazee coming along
Neasman making Richards look like complete trash
Run Defense not being awful anymore last 2 weeks

I'll take it.

Really proud of everybody on the Falcons, the effort they put forth yesterday.  Just looking through my original post and every single observation I made played out yesterday to the best possible result.  Those guys made me look way smarter than I am.

Except for one guy.

Desmond Trufant...this guy....he's become my least favorite Falcon. And as ridiculous as the dropped interception was, that has nothing to do with it.

The dude is just a coward.  On Adrian Peterson's one decent run yesterday, he was running right at Trufant, and the dude literally backed up and waited for other defenders to tackle him.  It was the grossest effort I've ever seen.  That dude can cover when he wants to, he has the talent, but that dude is not a football player.  I don't know what he is.   

4 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Really proud of everybody on the Falcons, the effort they put forth yesterday.  Just looking through my original post and every ingle observation I made played out yesterday to the best possible result.  Those guys made me look way smarter than I am.

Except for one guy.

Desmond Trufant...this guy....he's become my least favorite Falcon. And as ridiculous as the dropped interception was, that has nothing to do with it.

The dude is just a coward.  On Adrian Peterson's one decent run yesterday, he was running right at Trufant, and the dude literally backed up and waited for other defenders to tackle him.  It was the grossest effort I've ever seen.  That dude can cover when he wants to, he has the talent, but that dude is not a football player.  I don't know what he is.   

Kudos.

I saw that "tackle." At this point Trufant is not earning his keep. Alford may miss in coverage sometimes but he's still a physical corner. Trufant is bigger than him but plays scared. He just hasn't been the same since his injury. QBs don't respect him anymore.

12 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

But we're not just talking about Falcons vs. Eagles. We're talking about Falcons vs. Eagles vs. Packers. So, we're talking about a 3-way tie right now. Hence, conference record comes before HTH record.

The Falcons couldn't finish in a tie with the Packers unless the Falcons get a tie this season.  Not that likely.

Tie breakers could be really important, obviously, but we don't really know who the teams will be at the end anyway right now. 

25 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I bet he ain't scared to go to the bank.

Peyton likes this

8 hours ago, Peyton said:

Really proud of everybody on the Falcons, the effort they put forth yesterday.  Just looking through my original post and every single observation I made played out yesterday to the best possible result.  Those guys made me look way smarter than I am.

Except for one guy.

It isn't anything new either. Look at week one highlights from last year and literally every highlight is him getting ran by or over. If he catches those picks i give him a break in business decisions. If we.weren't married to him thru his contract id want him traded. He is a liability in the run game, and a little above average in coverage. Rocky is struggling too so I think our starting safeties and mlb is having an effect on their play.