Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peyton

The Falcons are Close to Putting this Together

101 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Peyton said:

A lot of people are choosing negativity this week.  I can understand the reasons why.  It's been a bit of a tough go this season.  Even the two recent wins, in many ways, were not aesthetically pleasing.  I've been accused of being too negative in the past, but the truth is that I am very analytical in nature, and I just call it the way I see it at all times.  I can see a lot of reasons to be optimistic.

1. Matt Ryan is playing at his highest level.  He's making good decisions at almost all times.  If he had not underthrown a few balls to Julio this year, there would be basically nothing to nit pick about his performance.  He is ready to carry this team.

2. In Julio, Calvin, Mohammed, and an emerging Hooper, Ryan has all the tools he needs to put this team on his back.  The Falcons can't run but the backs we have, Coleman and Smith, I believe can be nearly unstoppable in the passing game, considering all that the defense has to account for.

3. People are concerned about the offensive line, specifically the Guards, but I believe these two Guards are capable and will be playing with an extreme chip on their shoulder.  We've been here before with these two guys.  They can get it done.

4. Pending a report on Senat for this week, the Defensive line is completely healthy for the first time all season.  This is a D-line that I think a lot of our fans are selling short.  When they are able to put the best pieces in their together, I think they are a pretty formidable bunch.  Right now it looks like the Falcons are going to be able to do that.

5. Carter and Oluokun are having their snaps increased and playing better game by game.  Duke is having his snaps necessarily decreased, and I think he played better in the last game as a result.  If they all are not given too much to think about in the game plan, I think it increases their proficiency.  I think we can see that happening in stretches.

6. Kazee is a playmaker and his play is getting more consistent as the season progresses.  The other Safety position has been a disaster with Jordan Richards, but Neasman is taking that position away from him, and I think playing very well.  I think Neasman made one of the great unheralded plays against the Giants when he sniffed out OBJ's route on the 4th and 1.  It was a crucial play and not one that I think Richards would have made.  He's the guy, he can do it.  I think we'll see him get almost all the snaps this week at that position.

7.  There isn't any candy coating the performance of these corners so far this season, but these guys have been up against potential HOF WRs every week for the last 5 weeks.  It's been an absurd run of talent they have faced at that position.  Things are calming down for them in the next few weeks.  The Redskins don't have a single WR with more than a 65 yard game all season.  I think these guys can get their confidence back in the next 3 weeks and be the corners we all have seen them be in the past.  I do not think these guys physical skills have diminished.

8. The defense is kind of coming together without him, but Deion Jones potential return is just two weeks away.  With some guys coming around already, his insertion back into the middle can really be the jolt this defense needs to fully restore it's pride and be a serious unit once again.  I truly believe that.

This team suffered some injuries and last minute losses early this season that could have been a knockout punch.  This team was on the mat at 1-4.  They are getting up.  They were wobbly when they were getting back up, but the bye week has given them the chance to go back to the corner and get some water splashed in their face, and I think this team is ready to come out fighting with all they got on Sunday.  And after the Falcons beat the Redskins on Sunday, they are fully back in this fight at 4-4.

I don't think now is the time to give up on this team.  They aren't ready to quit.

Quinn Era after the bye is 1-1. Keep your Hope's up there's  50/50 chance. On the first game atleast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Hibachi said:

Quinn Era after the bye is 1-1. Keep your Hope's up there's  50/50 chance. On the first game atleast.

Actually 1-2.  The Falcons have been poor after the bye under Quinn, but my money says they turn that trend around on Sunday.

11=team likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 9:29 AM, falconsd56 said:

The thing with the defense of s that we are seeing spurts of really good defense.....even vs the saints after the inital td drive the defense held them to fgs and gave the offense a chace to get more momentum.....something that we could.mot seize.

Even during the steelers game the defense made 2 strait 3 and outs and caused an int to make it a 13-10 game at half.

The bangles game...the secod half the defense shut them down until the final drive....and I still think we got hosed on the "incompletion"  aka sack fumble that would have essentially ended the game..

So defense has had spurts where it played well....we just need to see it more consistently

Exactly. You got all these clowns talking about how bad the defense is but there's been stretches of good play in every game this year by the defense. They just haven't put it together. But there's positive steps to be had every game and getting Deion Jones back will go a long way towards getting some consistency on that side of the ball. Folks don't seem to understand how important having the defensive leader is. The guy that makes sure the rest of the guys know what their assignments are. That is huge!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 6:16 PM, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

9.) My boy Matt is NOT losing on my birthday. Count this Sunday in the win column.

Very good track record on your Bday, BC.

I like your chances today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 2:07 AM, Macknsweetjones said:

Good post agreed with everything.

 

side note stop quoting OP **** we all read the post no need to quote it and have the rest of us scroll through it again

Real ****. Especially just to respond with 3 words or less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 10:21 AM, Peyton said:

I had rose colored glasses shipped to all AFMB members earlier in the week and I see some folks didn't get them yet.  They were supposed to be two day delivery.  I am going to check with Amazon.

Nice post Peyton I wish I shared your optimism maybe my glasses will arrive before the game.

Washington’s D has been playing well I don’t think we win this one on the road.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Nice post Peyton I wish I shared your optimism maybe my glasses will arrive before the game.

Washington’s D has been playing well I don’t think we win this one on the road.

I got them and pissed on them. No one is gonna force me to do anything. :slick:

Xfactor likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me sum this up.....

The good....a win today and the Falcons are back to .500 and can make a run at a WC.

 

the bad.....be realistic...our last 2 wins came against below avg opponents at home and we barely won both games.

This team is not very good right now...especially the D which is all banged up(yes...that's unfortunate).

A big convincing win at Wash today would begin to prove me wrong.

 

Bottom line....playing at the level that the Falcons have played over the last 2 victories will not be good enough. Can the Falcons get better?   I just don't see it folks....not this year...too many injuries in a very tough div and nfc. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way the game schedule is this week we could end up nice.  If tampa wins a grudge match with carolina and the saints get their butts kicked we do ok... if we win then we have a sweet week.  Anything is possible this week. We could get in the mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jm_falcons said:

Let me sum this up.....

The good....a win today and the Falcons are back to .500 and can make a run at a WC.

the bad.....be realistic...our last 2 wins came against below avg opponents at home and we barely won both games.

This team is not very good right now...especially the D which is all banged up(yes...that's unfortunate).

A big convincing win at Wash today would begin to prove me wrong.

Bottom line....playing at the level that the Falcons have played over the last 2 victories will not be good enough. Can the Falcons get better?   I just don't see it folks....not this year...too many injuries in a very tough div and nfc. 

 I think people who declare a season over when a team has four losses are the ones not being realistic. Yes there are some key players hurt, but the best one of those is coming back, the Falcons still have Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Grady Jarrett, takk McKinley, team has plenty of playmakers on both sides of the ball.  Last year a lot of fans declared the season over when the Falcons were 3-3, and then when they were again at 4-4. They were just being "realstic" right. Nah. People can be as negative as they want to be, heck, sometimes it's me. But this season's not over. If the Falcons lose today, then the Falcons are in deep trouble. But I got a good vibe about today. We'll see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We know right off either carolina or tampa notch up a loss... i hope its carolina.  Just sayin'.  Saints are playing the Rams... Just saying it might be a loss for them too.  And if miracles happen and we win.... just sayin':lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2018 at 9:40 AM, Peyton said:

A lot of people are choosing negativity this week.  I can understand the reasons why.  It's been a bit of a tough go this season.  Even the two recent wins, in many ways, were not aesthetically pleasing.  I've been accused of being too negative in the past, but the truth is that I am very analytical in nature, and I just call it the way I see it at all times.  I can see a lot of reasons to be optimistic.

1. Matt Ryan is playing at his highest level.  He's making good decisions at almost all times.  If he had not underthrown a few balls to Julio this year, there would be basically nothing to nit pick about his performance.  He is ready to carry this team.

2. In Julio, Calvin, Mohammed, and an emerging Hooper, Ryan has all the tools he needs to put this team on his back.  The Falcons can't run but the backs we have, Coleman and Smith, I believe can be nearly unstoppable in the passing game, considering all that the defense has to account for.

3. People are concerned about the offensive line, specifically the Guards, but I believe these two Guards are capable and will be playing with an extreme chip on their shoulder.  We've been here before with these two guys.  They can get it done.

4. Pending a report on Senat for this week, the Defensive line is completely healthy for the first time all season.  This is a D-line that I think a lot of our fans are selling short.  When they are able to put the best pieces in their together, I think they are a pretty formidable bunch.  Right now it looks like the Falcons are going to be able to do that.

5. Carter and Oluokun are having their snaps increased and playing better game by game.  Duke is having his snaps necessarily decreased, and I think he played better in the last game as a result.  If they all are not given too much to think about in the game plan, I think it increases their proficiency.  I think we can see that happening in stretches.

6. Kazee is a playmaker and his play is getting more consistent as the season progresses.  The other Safety position has been a disaster with Jordan Richards, but Neasman is taking that position away from him, and I think playing very well.  I think Neasman made one of the great unheralded plays against the Giants when he sniffed out OBJ's route on the 4th and 1.  It was a crucial play and not one that I think Richards would have made.  He's the guy, he can do it.  I think we'll see him get almost all the snaps this week at that position.

7.  There isn't any candy coating the performance of these corners so far this season, but these guys have been up against potential HOF WRs every week for the last 5 weeks.  It's been an absurd run of talent they have faced at that position.  Things are calming down for them in the next few weeks.  The Redskins don't have a single WR with more than a 65 yard game all season.  I think these guys can get their confidence back in the next 3 weeks and be the corners we all have seen them be in the past.  I do not think these guys physical skills have diminished.

8. The defense is kind of coming together without him, but Deion Jones potential return is just two weeks away.  With some guys coming around already, his insertion back into the middle can really be the jolt this defense needs to fully restore it's pride and be a serious unit once again.  I truly believe that.

This team suffered some injuries and last minute losses early this season that could have been a knockout punch.  This team was on the mat at 1-4.  They are getting up.  They were wobbly when they were getting back up, but the bye week has given them the chance to go back to the corner and get some water splashed in their face, and I think this team is ready to come out fighting with all they got on Sunday.  And after the Falcons beat the Redskins on Sunday, they are fully back in this fight at 4-4.

I don't think now is the time to give up on this team.  They aren't ready to quit.

I think and feel that I'm going to have to agree with you on that one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I was very excited about how Garland and Schweitzer hel up today.  Those Washington DTs that got all that praise all week....didn't really hear their names at all today.

My man, you look like a genius after the way they played today. I hope this wasn't a product of having extra time to prepare and they can keep it rolling.

Peyton likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

My man, you look like a genius after the way they played today. I hope this wasn't a product of having extra time to prepare and they can keep it rolling.

Nice of you to say.  I'm no genius but a few of my observations seemed to come to fruition today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as we dont have anymore injuries, I can see us running the table the rest of the way. 

Sounds crazy and I wont say we dont play any tough teams but outside of the NO, CAR and GB games are there any teams that we honestly shouldnt beat with the return of Deion? Health is key.

Kazee has offset Allen and honestly I think the rest of the defense is at the same level or better. Not having Keanu really hurts though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites