Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peyton

The Falcons are Close to Putting this Together

101 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, etherdome said:

2. In Julio, Calvin, Mohammed, and an emerging Hooper, Ryan has all the tools he needs to put this team on his back.  The Falcons can't run but the backs we have, Coleman and Smith, I believe can be nearly unstoppable in the passing game, considering all that the defense has to account for.

3. People are concerned about the offensive line, specifically the Guards, but I believe these two Guards are capable and will be playing with an extreme chip on their shoulder.  We've been here before with these two guys.  They can get it done.

We will not get the most from the many "weapons" in this offense until the OL performs to expectations.  The run offense is putrid, thanks to poor blocking.  The passing game is no where near what it could be because the pass blocking is mediocre (at its best).  

Matthews is doing his job, as is Mack.  The rest of the crew is nothing more than a disappointment.  

Well Ryan is on pace for the 3rd most yards in NFL history (5337), the sixth highest completion percentage in NFL history (71.1%), the sixth highest passer rating in NFL history (114.1), 34 TDs and only 4 or 5 INTs.

I can't wait to see what his numbers will look like if he gets it going well.

Schwarzwald and Falconsfan567 like this

5 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Well Ryan is on pace for the 3rd most yards in NFL history (5337), the sixth highest completion percentage in NFL history (71.1%), the sixth highest passer rating in NFL history (114.1), 34 TDs and only 4 or 5 INTs.

I can't wait to see what his numbers will look like if he gets it going well.

I wonder if Greg Knapp is having a positive influence on the transforming QB. Then again he's been elite since 2016 IMO. I'd argue he was better in 2017 then in 2016, and even better still this year. It tells me Ryan is not done growing, and if he keeps it up... I mean, he go down in history as one of the best all time. He just needs to win a super bowl to validate his stats. He's got about 8 years to do it

2 hours ago, HOYLE said:

Just keep winning and it will solve all our problems. I concur with DQ that we played "our style" against the Giants. The defense was rallying to the ball and the offense was very strong. It was the first game in awhile that I have truly enjoyed watching! I think we are beginning to play a winning style of football. Now, I think that should have started at the first pre-season game but that is another matter. Just play better!

I agree with OP and with you. The defense was clearly playing with more speed and aggressiveness. You could see some cohesion and communication going on.

And Mattie Ice was playing like a man possessed. I think he feels completely at home with Sark and this scheme and he's going to be deadly from here on out.

As you said, this was the first game in a while I really enjoyed watching. It did look like the Falcons had remembered to play to win instead of playing not to lose. They have to keep bringing it to these teams and not playing loose and passive.

This game vs the Deadskins will be a great pop quiz on where this team is at heading down the stretch and I'm feeling really, really confident we'll get the W without any problem. We get to 4-4 we'll be right back in the mix. This last half of the season is possibly going to be just as much fun as the first half was miserable. All's well that ends well, eh?

47 minutes ago, likeriver said:

10 minutes after you posted this I got sent nudes by a random number. I'm set to hit it tonight. Thanks bro.

Btw, Do you think she'll accept 8 quarters? Trying to clean out my change jar

You're welcome my brother. Oh yeah...she excepts all kind of currency, i.e. Change, food stamps, beer, cigarettes and even library cards.

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

I agree with OP and with you. The defense was clearly playing with more speed and aggressiveness. You could see some cohesion and communication going on.

And Mattie Ice was playing like a man possessed. I think he feels completely at home with Sark and this scheme and he's going to be deadly from here on out.

As you said, this was the first game in a while I really enjoyed watching. It did look like the Falcons had remembered to play to win instead of playing not to lose. They have to keep bringing it to these teams and not playing loose and passive.

This game vs the Deadskins will be a great pop quiz on where this team is at heading down the stretch and I'm feeling really, really confident we'll get the W without any problem. We get to 4-4 we'll be right back in the mix. This last half of the season is possibly going to be just as much fun as the first half was miserable. All's well that ends well, eh?

Honestly Julio holds on to that one ball instead of fumbling and that game looks a lot more impressive to everyone in the end.

Just got to see those small incremental improvements across the board.

The stuff that really hurt us are individual errors missed tackles and penalties are 2 things we can really control if we can get on top of these I'm confident the team will get the job done.

We are halfway in now so I expect that the communication issues we were having earlier have improved and I also got to think our DB play isn't going to be as bad as it has been.

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Despite how poorly the team is running the ball, the playaction game is on point. Defenses still respect the run game. Now open some lanes for Teco.

Teco going to pop one this weekend...I can feel it.

5 hours ago, likeriver said:

10 minutes after you posted this I got sent nudes by a random number. I'm set to hit it tonight. Thanks bro.

Btw, Do you think she'll accept 8 quarters? Trying to clean out my change jar

I have a large 5 gallon pickle jar full of change...I could have some fun off that for a while.

likeriver likes this

9 hours ago, likeriver said:

Yea right. The day the Falcons put it together is the day I get laid. 

Everybody loves somebody sometime
Everybody falls in love somehow
Something in your kiss just told me
My sometime is now

likeriver likes this

10 hours ago, Peyton said:

A lot of people are choosing negativity this week.  I can understand the reasons why.  It's been a bit of a tough go this season.  Even the two recent wins, in many ways, were not aesthetically pleasing.  I've been accused of being too negative in the past, but the truth is that I am very analytical in nature, and I just call it the way I see it at all times.  I can see a lot of reasons to be optimistic.

1. Matt Ryan is playing at his highest level.  He's making good decisions at almost all times.  If he had not underthrown a few balls to Julio this year, there would be basically nothing to nit pick about his performance.  He is ready to carry this team.

2. In Julio, Calvin, Mohammed, and an emerging Hooper, Ryan has all the tools he needs to put this team on his back.  The Falcons can't run but the backs we have, Coleman and Smith, I believe can be nearly unstoppable in the passing game, considering all that the defense has to account for.

3. People are concerned about the offensive line, specifically the Guards, but I believe these two Guards are capable and will be playing with an extreme chip on their shoulder.  We've been here before with these two guys.  They can get it done.

4. Pending a report on Senat for this week, the Defensive line is completely healthy for the first time all season.  This is a D-line that I think a lot of our fans are selling short.  When they are able to put the best pieces in their together, I think they are a pretty formidable bunch.  Right now it looks like the Falcons are going to be able to do that.

5. Carter and Oluokun are having their snaps increased and playing better game by game.  Duke is having his snaps necessarily decreased, and I think he played better in the last game as a result.  If they all are not given too much to think about in the game plan, I think it increases their proficiency.  I think we can see that happening in stretches.

6. Kazee is a playmaker and his play is getting more consistent as the season progresses.  The other Safety position has been a disaster with Jordan Richards, but Neasman is taking that position away from him, and I think playing very well.  I think Neasman made one of the great unheralded plays against the Giants when he sniffed out OBJ's route on the 4th and 1.  It was a crucial play and not one that I think Richards would have made.  He's the guy, he can do it.  I think we'll see him get almost all the snaps this week at that position.

7.  There isn't any candy coating the performance of these corners so far this season, but these guys have been up against potential HOF WRs every week for the last 5 weeks.  It's been an absurd run of talent they have faced at that position.  Things are calming down for them in the next few weeks.  The Redskins don't have a single WR with more than a 65 yard game all season.  I think these guys can get their confidence back in the next 3 weeks and be the corners we all have seen them be in the past.  I do not think these guys physical skills have diminished.

8. The defense is kind of coming together without him, but Deion Jones potential return is just two weeks away.  With some guys coming around already, his insertion back into the middle can really be the jolt this defense needs to fully restore it's pride and be a serious unit once again.  I truly believe that.

This team suffered some injuries and last minute losses early this season that could have been a knockout punch.  This team was on the mat at 1-4.  They are getting up.  They were wobbly when they were getting back up, but the bye week has given them the chance to go back to the corner and get some water splashed in their face, and I think this team is ready to come out fighting with all they got on Sunday.  And after the Falcons beat the Redskins on Sunday, they are fully back in this fight at 4-4.

I don't think now is the time to give up on this team.  They aren't ready to quit.

The team, players may have pride and keep digging! DQ wtf is he doing!! All is well in Falcon land! 

Yea besides the OL, DL the entire secondary, special teams and lack of depth in our LB Corp we are so close

/s

Hey we are only 15 players away from being contenders!!!!!

6 hours ago, slick0ne said:

You're welcome my brother. Oh yeah...she excepts all kind of currency, i.e. Change, food stamps, beer, cigarettes and even library cards.

Thanks so much man. It was awful, but the chance to get rid of my spare change and old library cards really made my night. You da MVP

slick0ne likes this

Defense just needs to friging tackle when they have the chance instead of wiffing! Wrap up the legs and get the guy on the frigging ground!!! It’s so frustrating!

I figured we’d right the ship at some point this year. That’s at least one thing Quinn seems to have brought to Flowery Branch, showing some grit and grind when we’re down and out. Guess we get to see if it’s too little too late in the next couple weeks, think the schedule is considerably harder on the back half

No.11 likes this