Kung Fu Kenny

Sanu compared to other #2 WR's money and production

81 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Sanu has been more than worth the money he makes

Agreed, there are so many things to like about Sanu.  Love his blocking, the energy and swagger that he brings, the catches and yards are nowhere near the full picture.  I have to admit I was skeptical when we signed him, simply because I didn't know enough about him, it didn't take long to realize how wrong I was.

1 minute ago, kschreck said:

Agreed, there are so many things to like about Sanu.  Love his blocking, the energy and swagger that he brings, the catches and yards are nowhere near the full picture.  I have to admit I was skeptical when we signed him, simply because I didn't know enough about him, it didn't take long to realize how wrong I was.

Only reason I wasn't skeptical was because he was on full display when Green was injured that one year and he got a lot of looks. he's tough as nails man. I love watching him try to blow through people after the catch in effort to get the first down

I like Sanu. But I have a gut feeling he could be cut after this season unless he agrees to restructure. I also think Levitre, Schraeder, and Alford are almost certainly cut. Possibly Freeman too after June 1st. There will be a lot of turnover this offseason in order to hang on to the young guys 

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I like Sanu. But I have a gut feeling he could be cut after this season unless he agrees to restructure. I also think Levitre, Schraeder, and Alford are almost certainly cut. Possibly Freeman too after June 1st. There will be a lot of turnover this offseason in order to hang on to the young guys 

His salary actually goes down by $125,000 next year.  I can't see them asking him to restructure, that is more of a move for guys who have had injury problems or are having declining production, or for guys having salary jumps.  I think those are the restructure candidates.   For example.....Robert Alford.

5 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

More like get rid of dead weight, and thats why I think Sanu is safe, we have a lot of dead weight

putnam6 and Peyton like this

6 minutes ago, Peyton said:

His salary actually goes down by $125,000 next year.  I can't see them asking him to restructure, that is more of a move for guys who have had injury problems or are having declining production, or for guys having salary jumps.  I think those are the restructure candidates.   For example.....Robert Alford.

Good call. And I'm glad to hear. Because I do like Sanu. He's not a star by any means. But he's a great football player and teammate. I personally don't think Alford will be asked to restructure. I think he'll just get cut. Declining performance, on the wrong side of 30, usually seals ones fate. 

8 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

More like get rid of dead weight, and thats why I think Sanu is safe, we have a lot of dead weight

Yea, I didn't realize that Sanu's contract got cheap at the end. I figured it got expensive at the end, like most typical NFL contracts.

Last year and the first 2 games of this season I say he dance around to much before getting into his brakes or routes... To the point I seen Matt look his way and go away from him because he wasn't in his route yet... so I always believed if he would not take to long he would be much better. I see him not taking as long and now he is getting the ball alot faster and being able to turn up field and fly.

11 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Good call. And I'm glad to hear. Because I do like Sanu. He's not a star by any means. But he's a great football player and teammate. I personally don't think Alford will be asked to restructure. I think he'll just get cut. Declining performance, on the wrong side of 30, usually seals ones fate. 

Alfords already got 1 foot out the door

He’s more than worth what he’s paid for what he does between the whistle. Factor in what he means to the the huddle, on the sidelines, at practice, in meetings. This guy is legit and I hope he plays out his entire contract. I’d be so pissed if he’s cut like some people are expecting. 

Xero likes this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Just think about when the Bengals had AJ Green, Sanu, and Marvin Jones as their WRs.  They were LOADED.... and still couldn't win a playoff game.

And they had a solid defense too.

Vandy and NashvilleFalcon01 like this

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Just think about when the Bengals had AJ Green, Sanu, and Marvin Jones as their WRs.  They were LOADED.... and still couldn't win a playoff game.

And they had a solid defense too.

QB makes a **** of a difference 

Shelley#37 and Vandy like this

8 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I think Sanu will be fine. However, I definetly think Levitre gets cut, and Freeman may get cut too. I could see Alford getting restructured. 

If only he'd get f'in set!

j/k, love the guy"s play and attitude.

Edited by Porkins
Xero likes this

12 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

I think Sanu will be fine. However, I definetly think Levitre gets cut, and Freeman may get cut too. I could see Alford getting restructured. 

No need to cut Levitre, he is FA after this season. Falcons lose more dead money cutting Freeman next year. He is likely gone after 2019 if he can’t play at high level. Alford is on top of the list, unless he improves his play.

4dabirds, kiwifalcon and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Until people realise that Levitre is scheduled to be off the books next year as it is?

Schraeder would be a possibility if the coaching staff were confident in a replacement, Gono?

I did not like the Sanu deal when it first happened but since then a lot of similar or lesser players have gotten bigger deals so Mo seems like a good deal now. That said, he'll turn 30 at the beginning of next season and depending on how the new deals for Jarrett and other younger players go, he could be gone to clear cap. 

1 hour ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

Last year and the first 2 games of this season I say he dance around to much before getting into his brakes or routes... To the point I seen Matt look his way and go away from him because he wasn't in his route yet... so I always believed if he would not take to long he would be much better. I see him not taking as long and now he is getting the ball alot faster and being able to turn up field and fly.

Yeah, he has a tendency to do that on option routes. He did it in the Giants game and it contributed towards a sack of Ryan.

With that said, I have always underrated what he brings to this team. A true team player that does whatever is needed. The one thing I wish is that he could make those tough catches in key situations. Don’t get me wrong he has made some tough catches but I remember multiple times when he couldn’t hang on to a tough catch like the Eagles game. I admit that it could be that I am spoiled by Julio who is amazing at contested catches. Potentially the best in football.

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I was skeptical, at first, but, I agree!!!  Compared to other #2 WRs, Sanu is worth every penny! 
Calvin RIdley is a bargain, as well.....just hope he doesn't want to break the bank when that rookie contract is up (or, before) --- especially, if he continues to "ball"!!!   

ya_boi_j likes this