Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kung Fu Kenny

A few tidbits from Dan Quinn's Presser yesterday

20 posts in this topic

In other words, we are in frugal mode and not "win-now" mode... As a life long Atlanta Falcons fan, this is what frustrates me. I'm left again, praying that we can win/compete for a "ship" NEXT YEAR!!! Just make A move... Getting practice squad guys from other squads just isn't going to cut... Never works out. 

I really hope that by "he knows 'their game' well" he's suggesting they were able to find something on tape during the bye week to help slow down "their game".  

Halcon-1 likes this

We ain't gonna make any moves they don't believe in it  rather continue to hope underperforming players and other teams castoffs get us over the hump or wait until next year ( which isn't promise to us)????? EMBRACE THE SUCK!

Flying Falcon and UK13 like this

43 minutes ago, PutMeInCoach said:

In other words, we are in frugal mode and not "win-now" mode... As a life long Atlanta Falcons fan, this is what frustrates me. I'm left again, praying that we can win/compete for a "ship" NEXT YEAR!!! Just make A move... Getting practice squad guys from other squads just isn't going to cut... Never works out. 

Harvey Dahl & Tyson Clabo do not agree with you.

1 hour ago, PutMeInCoach said:

Tyson Clabo and Harvey Dahl would like a word with you....

falcons007, Halcon-1 and Skeetbird like this

57 minutes ago, PutMeInCoach said:

I feel you, bro. It's definitely frustrating. I've been taking Frustration Management courses since the SB and I'm barely getting through each day. But seriously, the injury bug gave this team a knock-out punch as far as any hopes we had for this season.

We have an outside chance, sure but now it's evident next season will be when the Falcons will return to being a team who can get to and win a Super Bowl. All of the injured players will be back. All of the rookies and 2nd year players on the team will have either proven their merit or shown they're expendable. Those that remain will be battle-tested.

We'll have another draft class to fill holes, Sark and Manuel will both have gained some valuable experience and Quinn himself will doubtless know more about how to be a better HC as well. He too has to step up his game for this team to win a SB.

The rest of this year we will continue to watch a young, inexperienced defense learn how to play together. They are getting better, so these games are going to be exciting to watch with our offense starting to ball out again. Next year is the year, bro. The Falcons will have one of the best teams in the league and a legit shot at the Lombardi Trophy.

falcons007, 4dabirds and Halcon-1 like this

1 hour ago, k-train said:

Harvey Dahl & Tyson Clabo do not agree with you.

Ok... You're correct. 2 out of  100+...  Success rate of 2%? Where do I sign up... Paaaalease... We aren't successful because we are afraid of change and risks. 

21 hours ago, PutMeInCoach said:

Ok... You're correct. 2 out of  100+...  Success rate of 2%? Where do I sign up... Paaaalease... We aren't successful because we are afraid of change and risks. 

About the same success rate as teams winning a Super Bowl after pissing away cap space & draft picks by desperately chasing names in FA & trades.

21 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

WHO the heck are these 2 guys???

>>

Pasztor is still a swing tackle
- Odhiambo will be worked at both OG spots, currently working at LG

<<

I didn't even hear mention of this move at all...maybe I missed it.

There are 2 different sides of the fence. To some on this Board and the F O  it is let it play out. The underperforming players and other team cast-off will rise up big and we'll get our injured back.  If not we'll be better next year. The other school of thought is with the Super Bowl being in the Atlanta this year the age of MR and JJ we should have done everything within reason  to try to get there even with the injuries there were some impactful moves that could have been made to help us get there. If you don't try how can you help? It is interesting to see last year's SB the Eagles and the Patriots make moves. If TD and DQ pull this off they deserve a key to the State and a March down Peachtree

Which school of thought  is the best ?

Are we trying to win it or are we rebuilding and waiting until next year?

Do you guys think starting guards and defensive ends just grow on trees? That we can just wish them into existence?

there is no guard available at week 8 that can fix when your two starters go out on IR. Especially when that position was already a weak position on the team.

and all the flashy players that just got traded for high draft picks, most of them are being traded for a REASON!!!

i admit, “snacks” Harrison and Eric Reid could have helped this team. But I am not mad about missing out on anyone else who has gotten traded. It wouldn’t have mattered.

43 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

There are 2 different sides of the fence. To some on this Board and the F O  it is let it play out. The underperforming players and other team cast-off will rise up big and we'll get our injured back.  If not we'll be better next year. The other school of thought is with the Super Bowl being in the Atlanta this year the age of MR and JJ we should have done everything within reason  to try to get there even with the injuries there were some impactful moves that could have been made to help us get there. If you don't try how can you help? It is interesting to see last year's SB the Eagles and the Patriots make moves. If TD and DQ pull this off they deserve a key to the State and a March down Peachtree

Which school of thought  is the best ?

Are we trying to win it or are we rebuilding and waiting until next year?

Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff both signed 3 year extensions this past offseason. They know their job is secure especially with the injuries the team has suffered. I'm not calling this season a wash, but with no expectation like before the injuries, they can evaluate their depth and see what they have. A few players has taken advantage of their opportunity i.e. Kazee and the rookie Foyesade.

1 minute ago, Bridgeburner said:

Do you guys think starting guards and defensive ends just grow on trees? That we can just wish them into existence?

Nah, if they did the Giants would've been first in line.

ya_boi_j likes this

1 hour ago, Bridgeburner said:

there is no guard available at week 8 that can fix when your two starters go out on IR. Especially when that position was already a weak position on the team.

and all the flashy players that just got traded for high draft picks, most of them are being traded for a REASON!!!

i admit, “snacks” Harrison and Eric Reid could have helped this team. But I am not mad about missing out on anyone else who has gotten traded. It wouldn’t have mattered.

I don't exactly know about high draft picks. Most of them had high cap hits that teams were getting rid of. what we as fans need to understand and accept is that Quinn honestly and truly believes in the guys on the roster and that belief from the coach may motivate those guys to play harder than they've played up to this point.

Cole World likes this

On 10/30/2018 at 11:42 AM, PutMeInCoach said:

In other words, we are in win today AND tomorrow mode.