Hue Jackson Fired

Duff_Man

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really surprised he lasted this long.  I get rebuilding and whatnot but they have had too many good picks over the past few years to lose like they have.  I like Hue but 3 wins in 40 attempts speaks for itself...that's coaching.  At least Jason Garrett (who also has managed to hang on longer than most would have expected) puts together competitive teams.

40 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

They should hire Mike Smith. 

Actually I think they are what Smith is good at... Stabilizing a hot mess.

Once he gets things upright, they'd need to move on, but he could clean them up and calm them down... Or at least that's what I believed about him when he left here.

8 minutes ago, rugger8 said:

Actually I think they are what Smith is good at... Stabilizing a hot mess.

Once he gets things upright, they'd need to move on, but he could clean them up and calm them down... Or at least that's what I believed about him when he left here.

7 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Because Smittyball never dies, it just mutates and finds another bottom-feeder host. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

As long as they get someone to develop the offense? Agreed. :D

I don’t think Mike wants another HC job after his heart scare but I may be wrong.

I think it’s more likely they try a first time HC.

Smitty can’t win playoff games but can right the ship for some one who has won 3 games from 2016. Falcons were bottom dwellers before MS turn around the ship from the hot mess of 2017.

Smitty ball mistake free football will be good for Mayfield and Browns. MM may still be available as an OC.

1 hour ago, autigerfan said:

The Brown's did give Hugh a fair shake after two horrible seasons, but it is hard to get any traction when you are always hitting the reset button every 1 to 2 years.  I think Hugh did pretty well during his time in Oakland but no one has been able to win with the Brownies.

Hue Jackson is a good OC.  I am pretty sure he will catch on somewhere next season.  In the meantime, sick back, Hue and enjoy your family.