GleasonForever!

Redskins Defensive Stat

35 posts in this topic

That’s an amazing task to do even with the Giants Oline struggles and the Cowboys line not being the dominant force of 2-3 year  ago. 

I love what the Skins are doing from a draft/FA aspect of the Dline. 

Jonathan Allen, Daron Payne, Tim Settle, Matt Ionaddis, Caleb Brantley on the interior. WOW

and the pass rushers...

Preston Smith, Ryan Anderson, Kerrigan and co

The falcons have their work cut out for them. I’d also like to see us add some athletics lineman without sacrificing size like the Skins do this offseason.  

2DDD854D-82E0-4DB7-B404-889F1D01268E.jpeg

18 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

They are top run defense, which lets them go after the QB. Our OL needs to play better or it will be another Pittsburgh type game for offense.

They were man to man alot, not threatened by those receivers with Eli back there. I hope they do the same with us with ridley back. I don't see our run game doing anything special but we actually have a pass attack they have to worry about, unlike those 3 teams

Ergo Proxy and falcons007 like this

21 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

They are top run defense, which lets them go after the QB. Our OL needs to play better or it will be another Pittsburgh type game for offense.

Was gonna say something similar. The way they did the Giants OL yesterday was nasty

falcons007 likes this

15 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

They were man to man alot, not threatened by those receivers with Eli back there. I hope they do the same with us with ridley back. I don't see our run game doing anything special but we actually have a pass attack they have to worry about, unlike those 3 teams

The Redskins interior DL can create match up Problems for Falcons interior OL. Almost 50% of the Redskins sacks are by Interior lineman. We all know offense doesn’t do much when the DL is putting pressure from the middle. 

15 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Was gonna say something similar. The way they did the Giants OL yesterday was nasty

Short passing game is gonna be key. Saints beat them with short quick passes. Hopefully Sark doesn’t go for long developing plays.

kiwifalcon likes this

9 minutes ago, Gee-Q said:

And yet.. it took at 65 yd TD run by AP at the end to ice the game.  Skins are good.  Not great

This is a winnable game for the Falcons

Skins are the Ole Smitty Falcons from 2010. They play solid football and beat many teams. It is winnable but will be a hard fought game.

The Falcons need to come with a swagger and be aggressive. I believe you are going to see a lot no-huddle offense which will test the Redskins defense and allowing Matty Ice to release the ball quickly. 

The Falcons will put a ton of pressure on Alexia because he is no Drew B. He is not mobile and he does well with vanilla type of offense. The Falcons need to be disruptive and you can contain him. 

45 minutes ago, Gee-Q said:

And yet.. it took at 65 yd TD run by AP at the end to ice the game.  Skins are good.  Not great

This is a winnable game for the Falcons

All depends on which Falcons team shows up.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

The Redskins interior DL can create match up Problems for Falcons interior OL. Almost 50% of the Redskins sacks are by Interior lineman. We all know offense doesn’t do much when the DL is putting pressure from the middle. 

But if that holds up that I'll take our receivers over their secondary all day long

3 hours ago, Precyse said:

When was the last time we ran for 100? As long as our receivers burn their corners were good. 

Week 2 against the Panthers. Coleman went for a 100+ yards.

16 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Week 2 against the Panthers. Coleman went for a 100+ yards.

And it was the first time in 2 or 3 years the Panthers allowed a 100 yard rusher.

Here's one thing I'll say about that stat, while it is indeed impressive, there needs to be some context provided, those three teams all but abandoned trying to run the ball.

• McCaffrey = 8 Rushes, 20 Yards
  • Elliott = 15 Rushes, 33 Yards
  • Barkley = 13 Rushes, 38 Yards

Yes, it's still quite impressive, but some of that blame falls on the opponent for not sticking with attempting to run the ball despite the lack of success. None of those games where lopsided to where the score dictated that the run game be abandoned. Cam and Dak both racked up some good rushing totals against them. This may be one of those games where Matt has to get outside the pocket and use his feet more to keep drives alive.

Hopefully we'll see the necessary adjustments made and we won't have a repeat of the Steelers game.

4dabirds likes this

6 hours ago, GleasonForever! said:

That’s an amazing task to do even with the Giants Oline struggles and the Cowboys line not being the dominant force of 2-3 year  ago. 

I love what the Skins are doing from a draft/FA aspect of the Dline. 

Jonathan Allen, Daron Payne, Tim Settle, Matt Ionaddis, Caleb Brantley on the interior. WOW

and the pass rushers...

Preston Smith, Ryan Anderson, Kerrigan and co

The falcons have their work cut out for them. I’d also like to see us add some athletics lineman without sacrificing size like the Skins do this offseason.  

2DDD854D-82E0-4DB7-B404-889F1D01268E.jpeg

Is there some way that you think this tweet is meaningful in a game between the Falcons and Redskins?

Unless I'm missing something, the offensive approaches of the Panthers, Cowboys and Giants are very different from the Falcons. The Panthers and the Cowboys prefer to run more than they pass, plus they lack above average receivers. The Giants are more of a WCO attack that uses short passes as extended handoffs to skill guys. The Falcons offensive approach is more like the 9ers and Rams. They generally probe the defense at 3 levels on most plays and look to take shots. The Falcons run/pass mix on first down is pretty close to 50/50. They run just often enough against good defensive fronts to keep play action effective.

The Falcons would love to have a 100 yard rusher, but it is not critical to them to do so. 

The Redskins D-line is a problem for the Falcons, but because of their pass rushing success...not this tweet.

quickzero likes this

Just run up tempo nonstop & let Ryan call the plays.  Throw to set up the run & wear those fatties out until they’re stepping on their tongues. Also roll out quite a bit as well. 

quickzero likes this

5 hours ago, stingbee said:

The Falcons will put a ton of pressure on Alexia because he is no Drew B. He is not mobile and he does well with vanilla type of offense. The Falcons need to be disruptive and you can contain him. 

You just said Alex Smith is not mobile?

Edited by Jerz #DukeSZN
quickzero and ahawkins like this