TRUju2111

Only 3 teams in NFC with a worse record than falcons

121 posts in this topic

Like all this hope that the saints and panthers will lose every week isnt working. Yes we are in the thick of things but the reality is we have to surpass way too many teams and we are just not good enough..Division chase is over..Now we just have to hope that 10 other teams falter..GOLD LUCK!!

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Jesus Christ we've got so real losers and quitters on this message board.

No, our D quit vs saints, our oline quit vs the steelers..and our falcons have more losses than wins which makes them losers..i however still watch every week knowing its a lost season

Just now, TRUju2111 said:

No, our D quit vs saints, our oline quit vs the steelers..and our falcons have more losses than wins which makes them losers..i however still watch every week knowing its a lost season

The season is not lost. The season isn't lost until the Falcons are mathematically eliminated. 12-4 is still a mathematical possibility.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm telling you man ever since Ryan and TD got here the expectations of a non existent fanbase has appeared and risen.

If you'd have gone to a Falcons fan at the end of 07 that in the next decade the team they support would be in contention to win the big game on at least 3 occasions and make the playoffs 6,7 of those 10 seasons you'd have been a laughing stock.

I think a lot who moan on a consistent basis just haven't been fans for long enough to understand before they comment.

2 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Must be watching another team man the only game I can recall this team giving up was 2015 against the Panthers when they got blanked.

Cant recall a game this season where I've felt the team gave up.

They may have got there butts handed to them but not given up.

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I'm telling you man ever since Ryan and TD got here the expectations of a non existent fanbase has appeared and risen.

If you'd have gone to a Falcons fan at the end of 07 that in the next decade the team they support would be in contention to win the big game on at least 3 occasions and make the playoffs 6,7 of those 10 seasons you'd have been a laughing stock.

I think a lot who moan on a consistent basis just haven't been fans for long enough to understand before they comment.

WISDOM ALERT

10 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Lol bottom dwellers this year? Pass what ever you smoking.

Its some good ****..just hit up the weed shop

20 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Must be watching another team man the only game I can recall this team giving up was 2015 against the Panthers when they got blanked.

Cant recall a game this season where I've felt the team gave up.

They may have got there butts handed to them but not given up.

The Falcons haven't gotten their butts handed to them once this year. Even the Steelers game wasn't as lopsided as the score indicated.

Ergo Proxy and mqg96 like this

33 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Not me. I never quit on any team, but that doesn't mean I won't get frustrated when a team in our division who we need to lose keeps on finding ways to win. 

TRUju2111 and Falconcheff like this

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The Falcons haven't gotten their butts handed to them once this year. Even the Steelers game wasn't as lopsided as the score indicated.

Yeah, it wasn't until the blocked punt late in the 3rd quarter when the Steelers game got out of hand. Even in the 4th quarter it was 27-17 and we had a chance to stop them but we didn't. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

55 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

And yet he died for all of them...

Ya, not surprising our climb from 1-4 would mean we wouldn't be in a great spot if season ended literally 2 weeks after. But continue...:huh:

No.11, Falconcheff and HASHBROWN3 like this

1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

I have been a fan about 27 years..i have seen plenty of falcon teams that were bottom dwellers like we are this year

Negative.  The past 20 years have been MAGICAL compared to the Falcons' previous existence... the last 20 years have given us...

2 SB appearances

The Michael Vick Experience

The Ryan years

All of which is the HEYDAY of the Atlanta Falcons Football Franchise...compared to the innumerable 4-12 or worse seasons more longtime fans have had to endure...THAT'S bottom feeder.  Being third in the division, with a chance at the playoffs at the midpoint of the season is nowhere near a typical Falcons bottom feeder season... Just sayin'

citsalp, Vandy, J-Nice and 6 others like this

The Atlanta Falcons since Arthur Blank took over as owner in 2002 have complied a record of 142-120-1 (.542). That's the 12th best record in the NFL in that time. Considering there are 32 NFL teams, having the 12th best record over such a large sample size is pretty darn good, especially when you consider the Falcons are only 3 wins behind the Saints for 9th best.

Since Matt Ryan took over in 2008 the Falcons have complied a record of 98-69 (.587). That's tied with the Ravens for the 5th best mark in the NFL in that time span. The 4 teams ahead of them are the Patriots, Steelers, Packers and Saints. So, since 2008, the Falcons have been more successful than notable franchises such as the Colts, Broncos, Panthers, Eagles and Cowboys. That's really **** good.

Anyone that hasn't enjoyed the Matt Ryan years just doesn't appreciate how tremendously spoiled we've been. It will be a sad, sad day when #2 is no longer out there and that day is a lot closer than folks will realize. He may play 5 more years after this year but those 5 years will disappear in a hurry. Let's just pray that we don't turn into the Dolphins or 49ers who had trouble replacing their HOF QBs.

5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I have always found comments like this hilarious. When someone calls a fan a loser or a quitter because they don’t believe their team can win. Lol That doesn’t make someone a quitter or a loser, just like believing they will win won’t make them a winner! We have no bearing on the outcome of the game. Only the coaches and the players who actually play do. So if a person feels like they have seen enough to make them feel like the team can’t win, then that’s just what it is. I stopped believing a long time ago, that what I think, say, or do has any affect on my team winning or losing.

I definitely don’t talk to God about it either. I know he doesn’t care about my sports prayers or wishes. How do I know that you might ask? Cause I’m a Falcons, Hawks, UGA and Braves fan, and we see how that has turned out for our teams over the years! :)

Plunket76, MAD597 and TRUju2111 like this

6 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Like all this hope that the saints and panthers will lose every week isnt working. Yes we are in the thick of things but the reality is we have to surpass way too many teams and we are just not good enough..Division chase is over..Now we just have to hope that 10 other teams falter..GOLD LUCK!!

Win the next 3 and we're 6-4 going into the NO game on Thanksgiving with Deion Jones coming back. We're 2-1 in the division, 3-2 in the NFC. Those losses to the Bengals and Steelers matter little if the Falcons take care of business from here on out. It's really not as bad as it looks.

Falconsfan567 likes this

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Do the players come here? Cause those are the quitters I see fans have almost nothing to do with the wins and loses

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The season is not lost. The season isn't lost until the Falcons are mathematically eliminated. 12-4 is still a mythical possibility.

I fixed it for ya. Well we call still dream can't we. It sure would be nice if the Falcons would put on some big boy pants and go on a torrid run all the way to winning the Super Bowl. I will be here on the sidelines watching to ever see it happen. At this time I am not running to place a bet that this will happen. 

7 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Just win baby!!

putnam6 likes this