Jump to content

Saints @ Vikings.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You trying to be like the Browns?

I'm not sure what your point is. The trade was a win for the Falcons. Browns wasted the picks and became a team that had 1 win in two seasons, while the Falcons went to the Super Bowl and Julio was a huge reason for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Congrats! 

Again, do you understand they have to win a SB with Brees for it to matter?

or ya know he becomes a really good player ?? , the falcons traded up for julio , does it matter ?? im sure it does . He became a top 3 receiver in the league 

Edited by caponine
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I'm not sure what your point is. The trade was a win for the Falcons. Browns wasted the picks and became a team that had 1 win in two seasons, while the Falcons went to the Super Bowl and Julio was a huge reason for that.

But because Kyle didn't kick the FG to win the SB, Julio's amazing catch to set up our first SB was erased.

Julio has kept us relevant this year, too. Does so much for this offense. There is a reason CBs continue to say his name when asked about hardest WRs to face.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

But because Kyle didn't kick the FG to win the SB, Julio's amazing catch to set up our first SB was erased.

Julio has kept us relevant this year, too. Does so much for this offense. There is a reason CBs continue to say his name when asked about hardest WRs to face.

Did you know in the 1970's the Falcons could have drafted the Steel Curtain defense? They had all the picks to do it, but didn't because they were a really awful team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jesus said:

I'm not sure what your point is. The trade was a win for the Falcons. Browns wasted the picks and became a team that had 1 win in two seasons, while the Falcons went to the Super Bowl and Julio was a huge reason for that.

The point is we passed on as beatin DL, OL and skill players to draft a hood ornament and get explosive. That moved caused us to fall into an 18-30 playoff drought and we're still plagued with OL and DL issues. Just think if we had Jordan or Houston at DE and DeCastro or Zeitler at RG.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, caponine said:

or ya know he becomes a really good player ?? , the falcons traded up for julio , does it matter ?? im sure it does . He became a top 3 receiver in the league 

The pick wasn't just a pick. It was at sacrifice because they realize their window is short with Brees.

Julio move has given us multiple SB looks already and we should have one; but we had many many more years to earn back the cost paid for Julio. Davenport would have to stay around, get to and remain PB caliber even without a DE like Jordan on the other side in a few years(assuming then they retain him), and maybe they have another QB not named Brees to have a SB with him if not with Brees; the entire reason for the TRADE UP to get Davenport.

Nice game for him with a lead, though. What you want out of a DL at worst. In obvious pass rushing, can they get to the QB?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The point is we passed on as beatin DL, OL and skill players to draft a hood ornament and get explosive. That moved caused us to fall into an 18-30 playoff drought and we're still plagued with OL and DL issues. Just think if we had Jordan or Houston at DE and DeCastro or Zeitler at RG.

Hood ornament....sigh

What if the Falcons didn't draft any of the people you said? Then what?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Saints and Panthers are effin really good. As much as I hate to say this....we HAVE to win NEXT 3 games before we see them.

Im really shocked to see how we Panthers have shut their critics.

They beat Eagles and Ravens....and here Saints beat Ravens and Vikings. 

Thats impressive.

The Eagles were killing Carolina when they were manned up and sending heat at Newton, then in the 4th they got into lead protect mode and sat in zone for the rest of the game. McCaffery is their leading receiver so that's just asking to get carved up. I don't understand why teams give the underneath to Newton all day when his career screams that he loves to dump off on the short routes all day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...