Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

falcons007

Saints @ Vikings.

258 posts in this topic

Just now, falcons007 said:

It’s SB or bust. They gave up too much, time will tell.

Rolled the dice. I don't blame them though.

If Ryan was 38 with 2 years left and we thought a single pass rusher for 2 years was more important than an extra 1st rounder?

We'll see if they win this year(or next if he comes back), I guess?

mattyicefalcon likes this

4 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You trying to be like the Browns?

I'm not sure what your point is. The trade was a win for the Falcons. Browns wasted the picks and became a team that had 1 win in two seasons, while the Falcons went to the Super Bowl and Julio was a huge reason for that.

Schwarzwald likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why are the Vikings taking their sweet time knowing that they need 3 scores?

Then they Eli Manninged it. Why are you trying to sneak? The defense just pins you and makes it hard for you to get set quickly...not that they were trying.

11 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Brees with 115 yards passing with 1 td and 1 INT. We'd be down by 35 if that was Ryan's stat line.

Unfkgreal ain’t it?!!!

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Congrats! 

Again, do you understand they have to win a SB with Brees for it to matter?

or ya know he becomes a really good player ?? , the falcons traded up for julio , does it matter ?? im sure it does . He became a top 3 receiver in the league 

saints4life25 likes this

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I'm not sure what your point is. The trade was a win for the Falcons. Browns wasted the picks and became a team that had 1 win in two seasons, while the Falcons went to the Super Bowl and Julio was a huge reason for that.

But because Kyle didn't kick the FG to win the SB, Julio's amazing catch to set up our first SB was erased.

Julio has kept us relevant this year, too. Does so much for this offense. There is a reason CBs continue to say his name when asked about hardest WRs to face.

falcons007 likes this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

But because Kyle didn't kick the FG to win the SB, Julio's amazing catch to set up our first SB was erased.

Julio has kept us relevant this year, too. Does so much for this offense. There is a reason CBs continue to say his name when asked about hardest WRs to face.

Did you know in the 1970's the Falcons could have drafted the Steel Curtain defense? They had all the picks to do it, but didn't because they were a really awful team.

Schwarzwald and falcons007 like this

Just now, Jesus said:

The point is we passed on as beatin DL, OL and skill players to draft a hood ornament and get explosive. That moved caused us to fall into an 18-30 playoff drought and we're still plagued with OL and DL issues. Just think if we had Jordan or Houston at DE and DeCastro or Zeitler at RG.

1 minute ago, caponine said:

or ya know he becomes a really good player ?? , the falcons traded up for julio , does it matter ?? im sure it does . He became a top 3 receiver in the league 

The pick wasn't just a pick. It was at sacrifice because they realize their window is short with Brees.

Julio move has given us multiple SB looks already and we should have one; but we had many many more years to earn back the cost paid for Julio. Davenport would have to stay around, get to and remain PB caliber even without a DE like Jordan on the other side in a few years(assuming then they retain him), and maybe they have another QB not named Brees to have a SB with him if not with Brees; the entire reason for the TRADE UP to get Davenport.

Nice game for him with a lead, though. What you want out of a DL at worst. In obvious pass rushing, can they get to the QB?

caponine likes this

Saints and Panthers are effin really good. As much as I hate to say this....we HAVE to win NEXT 3 games before we see them.

Im really shocked to see how we Panthers have shut their critics.

They beat Eagles and Ravens....and here Saints beat Ravens and Vikings. 

Thats impressive.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The point is we passed on as beatin DL, OL and skill players to draft a hood ornament and get explosive. That moved caused us to fall into an 18-30 playoff drought and we're still plagued with OL and DL issues. Just think if we had Jordan or Houston at DE and DeCastro or Zeitler at RG.

Hood ornament....sigh

What if the Falcons didn't draft any of the people you said? Then what?

Collinsworth will have a sore mouth after that GB NE game next week...prediction: Rodgers loses to yet another team with a winning record.

2 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Collinsworth will have a sore mouth after that GB NE game next week...prediction: Rodgers loses to yet another team with a winning record.

To be fair Rodgers did everything he could today.

Saints look like a team of destiney. Taysom hill is a great find. I don't know what we need to do cause they're gonna win it in our house.

Team bus better not make it out of the city.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

That doesn't mean you quit trying.

They didnt quit.

They accepted they got beat fair and square and mathematically theres was no way to come back from double digit deficit.

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Saints and Panthers are effin really good. As much as I hate to say this....we HAVE to win NEXT 3 games before we see them.

Im really shocked to see how we Panthers have shut their critics.

They beat Eagles and Ravens....and here Saints beat Ravens and Vikings. 

Thats impressive.

The Eagles were killing Carolina when they were manned up and sending heat at Newton, then in the 4th they got into lead protect mode and sat in zone for the rest of the game. McCaffery is their leading receiver so that's just asking to get carved up. I don't understand why teams give the underneath to Newton all day when his career screams that he loves to dump off on the short routes all day.