ike barn87987

My 2 favorite O Linemen in the draft

12 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2018 at 5:27 AM, ike barn87987 said:

LT Yodny Cajuste

LG Shane Lemieux #68

Lemieux he's got some pop to him he's good on the move finds guys on the second level pulls well,shows power at the point of attack.

Only thing I saw on that footage I didn't like was he has trouble against stunts and seems to have trouble changing direction so his lateral movement is his weakness in pass pro from what I could see.

When I look at interior line men I like to see good lockout with the arms keeping dlinemen out of there chests and lateral quickness and awareness there my keys.The latter is a big one for me because it's like your seeing the clear picture in violent chaos.

Cajuste long arms and footwork are his big things I took from him.Technique is very sound and agility for a big guy is what'll seperate him.Against NFL speed rushers it'll be interesting.

Hes first round material for sure.

Lemieux for me anywhere between rounds 3-5.

Regarding Lemieux, I say this every year regardless of prospect, but many top NFL interior offensive linemen played tackle in college and then kicked inside in the NFL. The theory is most lineman are roughly the same size so the coach puts his most athletic players at tackle and the less athletic players inside. Once the players get to the NFL, the ones who weren't the most athletic in college get exposed. 

Lemieux may be good and anyone can surely post exceptions, but you can't ignore the amount of NFL interior linemen who are former NCAA tackles. 

kiwifalcon likes this

2 hours ago, Summerhill said:

Regarding Lemieux, I say this every year regardless of prospect, but many top NFL interior offensive linemen played tackle in college and then kicked inside in the NFL. The theory is most lineman are roughly the same size so the coach puts his most athletic players at tackle and the less athletic players inside. Once the players get to the NFL, the ones who weren't the most athletic in college get exposed. 

Lemieux may be good and anyone can surely post exceptions, but you can't ignore the amount of NFL interior linemen who are former NCAA tackles. 

U might like Andre Dillard from Washington State then. I like him too, but just like these 2 better. Every CB can't convert to safety or vice versa. And I feel the same way about OT/OG.

18 hours ago, Summerhill said:

Typically in college, unless you're a big time program like Alabama that is littered with NFL talent, you put your best 2 offensive linemen at LT and Center (in that order).

Those are typically also the most athletic guys on your line and tend to project far better to ZBS than guys who were guards in college.

2 of my top guys happen to play in the interior and coincidentally the same position.

Center Elgton Jenkins (Miss St) & Lamont Gaillard (UGA)

I like Jenkins as a 2nd round pick and Gaillard as a mid to late draft pick.

10/13/18: Jenkins has been a steady blocker in the middle of the Mississippi State offensive line this season. Overall, he had an impressive game against Auburn as Bulldogs quarterback Nick Fitzgerald had a lot of success running behind Jenkins.

At the point of attack, Jenkins is quick to the second level and does a nice job of beating defenders to a spot to wall them off. He is quick, agile, and athletic on the inside with the ability to fire to the second level. Jenkins is very effective at double-team combo blocks with guards and is reliable to get gaps open with his double-team skills. In pass protection, Jenkins has a good anchor with the size to handle bull rushes. He may not grade out as a first-round pick, but he could be a good second-day selection who is a plug-and-play starter in the NFL.

8/28/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Jenkins checks in at 6-foot-4, 304 pounds. He is said to run the 40 in a quick 5.05 seconds. His arms measure at 34.25 inches, his hands at 10.13 inches, and his wing span at 83.38 inches.

Jenkins is a athletic and quick interior blocker who has been very impressive for the Bulldogs over the past two seasons. Sources who have done some advance work for the 2019 NFL Draft say that Jenkins has impressed them and possesses early-round potential. Jenkins has good size to be a starting center in the NFL, and it will be interesting to see how he handles the change in offense under the new Mississippi State coaching staff.

Summerhill likes this

On 10/29/2018 at 7:44 PM, ike barn87987 said:

U might like Andre Dillard from Washington State then. I like him too, but just like these 2 better. Every CB can't convert to safety or vice versa. And I feel the same way about OT/OG.

Check out @BenFennell_NFL’s Tweet:

On 10/29/2018 at 7:44 PM, ike barn87987 said:

Check out @BenFennell_NFL’s Tweet: