caponine

Today’s Games

374 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Very smart move by Todd Gurley to just go down so that Rodgers never gets his hands back on the ball.

yep showed a lot about Gurley in a day when so much is about individual stats.. very smart move by him to finish the game. 

14 minutes ago, Red&Black said:

Quoting the announcers:  It's such an empty, empty sick feeling that...Rodgers never got that chance 

yep.. it was pretty obvious who they were rooting for.  they didn't even try to hide it. 

If you watch the replay the reason Montgomery fumbled that ball is that he didn't wrap the ball up and go into the tackler aggressive. When he saw the tackler about to hit him he kind of pulled up to take the blow instead if just running into him full speed. That defensive posture caused him to fumble the ball. 

15 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I mean **** straight. Could always miss the XP, it still be an 8 point game and enough time for A-A-Ron to score 9 points in a single drive.:tiphat:

Agreed, tho. Just kidding. But ya tie would've still been possible ironically.

raven's kicked missed an extra point last week to lose to the saints.. let's say Gurley does score and they miss the extra point..  i wouldn't bet against rodgers taking them down for a quick touchdown.  smart move to never give the ball back and just end the game there.  i know you were just kidding, but I could really see that happen. 

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep showed a lot about Gurley in a day when so much is about individual stats.. very smart move by him to finish the game. 

Absolutely. Total team player!! Those are the kind of guys you win with.

SacFalcFan likes this

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

Rams are going to score at will against that saints defense.. 

That should be a fun game to watch. I'm fully expecting it to be like a classic Big 12 game.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Absolutely. Total team player!! Those are the kind of guys you win with.

I am a Falcon Fans, but if we can't make it I would love to see the Rams in the benz for the super bowl. 

I know Minnesota had their revenge last year, but they can do us a real solid tonight tonight by taking out Kamara or Thomas. I don't think that franchise has gotten over the Saints targeting Favre's ankle.

Edited by stizz

12 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

raven's kicked missed an extra point last week to lose to the saints.. let's say Gurley does score and they miss the extra point..  i wouldn't bet against rodgers taking them down for a quick touchdown.  smart move to never give the ball back and just end the game there.  i know you were just kidding, but I could really see that happen. 

Exactly! I posted it because it was possible. Agree completely.

100% win percentage? Or leaving the other team an opportunity to get the ball back?

SacFalcFan likes this

Rodgers, the master of the 4th qtr comeback, remains tied with Ryan Tannehill at 13. 83rd all time and tied for 14th among active QBs.

He wins today though without the fumble, and if I need 1 guy to lead a 2 minute drive I'm taking him or Brady. It's just the media and even today Brennamen called him "the master" and it just isn't the case. He is tied for 11th in game winning drives. 

He is still great and it's certainly not all on him, like today, but just an interesting stat to me.

Drew4719 and likeriver like this

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman and Ito Smith say hi. You trying to tell me those guys aren't good running backs?

You trying to tell me they are anywhere near Gurley?

Freeman ain't playing.

I was referring to Ito and TeCo.

3.0 YPC and 3.8 YPC.

Hey, at least they've managed 5 rushing TDs.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You trying to tell me they are anywhere near Gurley?

Freeman ain't playing.

I was referring to Ito and TeCo.

3.0 YPC and 3.8 YPC.

Hey, at least they've managed 5 rushing TDs.

Who said anything about them being on Gurley's level? Doesn't mean they're not good. Also last time I checked a running back is only as good as his OL. Just ask Todd Gurley. Look at his numbers from years 1 and 2 when the Rams OL wasn't any good.

18 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Who said anything about them being on Gurley's level? Doesn't mean they're not good. Also last time I checked a running back is only as good as his OL. Just ask Todd Gurley. Look at his numbers from years 1 and 2 when the Rams OL wasn't any good.

I think you missed the context of my original post.

And yeah, I'm mainly focusing on any semblance of a running game. We have none.

Flying Falcon likes this

41 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I think you missed the context of my original post.

And yeah, I'm mainly focusing on any semblance of a running game. We have none.

The context of your post seemed to be drooling over Gurley and acting like he's doing it all on his own and if the Falcons had him then they wouldn't have issues running the ball this year.

3 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

49ers are straight gaaarbaaaage...

Teams will maybe learn one day that #2 in Atlanta is pretty **** good despite not getting much hype. Ryan is the one that is making coordinators look good not the other way around.

On 10/28/2018 at 4:17 PM, Atlantafan21 said:

He hasn’t been that good this year. The Dolphins game is really inflating his stats. 

Watson just got Demaryius Thomas to go with Hopkins